FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed26AUG11 - New Art, Google Checkout, Relocate

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Dakota Strider View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 01:49
I am surprised nobody has complained about the Human male avatar.  Nice art, and higher quality than the original.  However, the original actually looked like what I would imagine a war commander would appear.  This new image....just looks a bit like a middle aged metro-sexual, having a bad hair day. 

Regarding the elven maid, she is certainly pleasant on the male eyes.  However, I can sympathize with the ladies that wished for one that represented their avatar as a more practically dressed lady warrior.  Choices would be nice, or the ability to import your own image (with GM approval, before becoming visible).  It might even be worth a few prestige to allow importing images, to compensate Dev time.

I am very happy with my new elven male warrior.  Very much the way I believe elves should look, much in the Tolkien model. Perhaps the ears are a bit too long, but that is just being picky.  Overall, I think the images are a great improvement.
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2011 at 01:54
Originally posted by Dakota Strider Dakota Strider wrote:

It might even be worth a few prestige to allow importing images, to compensate Dev time.

I'd spend prestige to make my character Lady Gaga any day.
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 17:42
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Kilo, there are unfortunately some players of online games who think that women are volunteering to be sexually harassed just by playing this sort of game.  Having a picture that is sexually provocative just reinforces that delusion.

I am grateful that Illy is for the most part not like that.  However, we do have occasional episodes of people being really inappropriate, and I think it's reasonable for women to want to have a choice to opt out of anything that might tend to increase that sort of behavior.

Thanks, Rill!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic