Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Topic: bundled version of illyrian history
    Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 23:24

TMM War
it started with an alliance called the mal motshans based in mal motsha lead by nige and his alt,many  of the good people we knew and meant alot to illyriad used to be in that alliance. it was there luck and there misfortune.by claiming that area and forcing smaller alliances to merge or be destroyed many of the good players got in that alliance  compare it to the persian slave armies if you wish fight in the army or die on the spot.even attacjing people who just happend to spawn there (keep in mind the movespell wasnt even been made let alone implemented)

for a while it all went well for the mal motshans none of the smaller alliances dared to say anything to the communety out of fear they would be seen but not heard so to speak and of fear about reprocussions.then the mal motshans encounterd an alliance called the United orc Scourge US for short they refused to listen to the mal motshans and fought back they went on forum and called out for help it was seen and heard by many alliances, a coalition of H?,Dlords,vickx,wotp and a few others who i cant recall stood up  and joined to defeat the mal motshans due the vast coalition of alliances and the immense size of troopformations marching to defend the cities of US and to attack the mal motshans cities the war was brief and bloody.many cities of the mal motshans especially the leaders of that alliance were destroyed or captured.i even have one of those cities. leaving most of the members of that alliance unharmed except a few troop casualties

myself being in Dlords at that time realized it could have been me who was attacked and bullied by the mal motshans said i would never allow people to bullie newbies again this vowe was being spoken loudly by many of the Old Guard.and since then everytime a newbie joined in that time it wasnt more then several hundred a week (like 150-200) they were thaught about the illyriad communety rules this was possible because of the low amount of new players joining. this has been made impossible thnx to the large number of newbies coming in every day it is impossible to teach them properly.

medieval knights
MK was an alliance of "pragmatic" moral persuasion which in general would likely not have earned much attention.  However, one member of the leadership brought them to ruin by treating a NAP with Black/White as a confederation and actively drawing the alliance into battle against Harmless with White by deceiving the other MK leadership and members.  In the end, and as White disintegrated, the alliance itself besieged that leader (out of the game, Honored mule thinks) and reformed elsewhere
Tubana, the MK leader was regularly attacking Dlord players without advising his officers of those actions.  Dlord coordinated a group of 8 (if The_dude recalls correctly) alliances (Ni and H? being the most significant) to attack MK in unison.  Tubana resigned from MK within about 24 hours of the outbreak of this assault. 
Several days later, Tubana attacked The_dude with no provocation on his part.  With that, the officers The_dude was working with to salvage an alliance from MK membership decided unanimously that Tubana was a clear and present danger to our safety and well-being.  At the same time, Dlord was moving much too slow in eliminating Tubana (too few T2 siege in their siege armies), so MK decided to assist Dlord in removing Tubana as a common threat to each of us. 

MK reformed as Phoenix (PX) which razed only 1 of Tubana's cities.  Dlord took care of the rest including the final Tubana city standing.

Tubana created an alt and joined Crow.  However, he abandoned that alt fairly early.

The last word The_dude received from Tubana was "You suck."  That is verbatim.

All of the alliance leaders had designated Bel as the negotiator and each tolf me that they would abide by any agreement Bel would make with me.  Shortly after Tubana was resolved, Ni breached the peace agreement negotiated between Belargyle and The_dude.   First, by sneak attacking Rupe and destroying all of Rupe's armies while he was asleep.  And then a few days later by sending 19 armies into The_dude's cities and demanding his head.  None of the alliances that had joined with Dlord altered their diplomatic stance with Ni and remained Confed/NAP with Ni in support of Ni's double-cross of The_dude while leaving a Ni army occupying a prime siege square adjacent to one of my cities.  PX officers were hesitant to rally to The_dude's defense, all of MK having had their fill of near-constant Illy war for over 3 months.
H? broke of diplomatic contacts with Ni after this.

Shrapnel&Grog
Shrapnel was extremely well liked - helpful, friendly, full of good ideas and an excellent leader -he passed away on Friday the 8th of October at the age of 36 leaving behind a wife and 3 children  and he will be desperately missed by us all.
 he is and was the founder and leader of the FDU alliance and the US alliance, he was an honourable person and he  helped new players with joy everyday he was respected by many and loved by more.he filled a big role in the illyriad communety who many to no avail have tried to fill. the GMs after countless of suggestions decided not to keep his cities as monuments because it would do dishonor to the memory they replaced it by a statue to be found on this link http://uk1.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-57/-115 in memory of shrapnel.
he was one of the giants and deserves to be in this bundled version of the history of illyriad.

The First Tournament
An idea by Noryasha Grunk it was called the Armok Blood Bowl the first ever tournament and it was made possible by people of the communety.
Eight players joined in the tournament and were being watched closely by the communety.
the prizes were added by members of the illy communety,the gms liked the idea so much they even added some prizes.
Rewards: 
second place will get 100k gold and 2k advanced resources, 3rd place 50k gold and 1k advanced resources. The rest goes to the winner winner!
400k gold (donated by Noryasha Grunk)
1k swords 1kchain and 1k plate (donated by lorre)
200 saddles (donated by Zangi)
100 siege blocks, 1k books, 1k beer (for the after party) (donated by CranK)
250 cows 100 horses (donated by -hypocritical-)
500 books and 200 horses (donated by iluvpie3)
1000 bows, 1000 plate, 1000 beer, 1000 spears (donated by G0DsDestroyer)
1000 cows (donated by G0DsDestroyer and alliance)
120k each of Stone, Iron, Clay, and Wood (donated by Kumomoto)
300 horses (donated by Aelfric)
1500 plate (donated by king eam)
Sent: 144k gold

Special Reward: (Donated by GM Stormcrow)
100 Brood Mothers (Serpentkin)
100 Elder Weavers (Arakvar)
100 Errant Knights (Mercenaries)
the obective of the tournament was to hold a location for 48 consecutive hours  OR, if the tourney ends up running over 35 days, the winning player will be the one who held the location for the longest.
this was a tournament for everyone and even the strongest players played handicapped. with only using one city or weak commanders.
the winner of the tournament was AMORPHIAS.

H? vs White/Black/MK
claim it laziness or whatever but since the lenghtyness of this article i have found it easier to just post you the link here so you can read up on this.
http://honoredsoft.com/whitewash.htm

The newbie guide
Originally written by The_dude with the goal to educate newbies about the goings of illyriad.
after an unfortunate event wich i cant specify The_dude erased the guide for metagame purposes.
then GM thundercat reposted the guide after an arguement it was erased again so to proof the gms didnt choose sides in ingame politics,another member who had seen this guide and saw its use had saved the guide,not knowing it was part of a metagame he posted this guide on forums The_dude took this wrongly and saw it as an intervention in his metagame sending several diplomissions against the player.altho this was unfortunate he was still the orginal author of the guide and had the right to decide what happend with it.
The_dude later commited illyriad suicide sieging all his own cities with his alt,eventho this last actions were not liked he still remains an important part of the illy history and a player to be respected.
the player who had made the mistake is mana he later on added new parts to the guide softening up the rough guide we owe gratitude to this player aswell.

Newbie packages
hell now this will sound egocentric but comeon i get some credit too!
this began when i first started over a year ago,i had the misfortune of landing next to a player who wanted to "test" thieves and blight regularey even when i was invited in Dlords they kept on coming.never speaking a word about this never able to prove this,i started to work on a "solution" seeing the vault didn't help at all i just increased my production my logic was produce more then they can steal.
after focussing on nothing else then mines for the better part of 2 months i soon had more res then i knew what to do with here and there i send resources out in Dlords when i knew someone was needing them,my caravaan capacety not being enough i blitzed for a lvl 20 market in the meanwhile out of habit my 2nd city was build up the same as my first again more res then i could deal with. then i decided to venture onto global soon getting to know the people there i realized this game was diffrent and i was more then willing to help.starting shipping out resources to people who needed them i started doing this for as many newbies i had caravaans for after some time more and more people started doing this and when Ladyluvs came into the game,well that was the point where newbiepackages started to get standardized.
with more and more people starting to "pay it forward" no newb had to fear of getting nothing. the only requirement was being noticed(unless ya insult people then ya get nothing).
and thats that

this was my attempt to bundle the most important historical events of illy feel free to add and/or correct anything in this
this is not in the correct order but its merely a collection of the most important knowledge
and the issues that are in the grey area are not included here.

History of DB
i was originally gonna rewrite this but it was trickier then i thaught to keep the complete essence in there so i will use the link provided by nokigon.

Edited by lorre - 13 Jul 2011 at 16:43
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 02:05
OMG - this is awesome!!!  *goes back to reading*
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 02:10
Amazing job lorre
Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 02:38
All Hail Da Emprah Lorre , He dun it all hehehe

Edited by Aneirin - 10 Jul 2011 at 18:06
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 03:58
/me cringes

The spelling mistakes, oh the humanity.  On a side note, moderately good job Lorre.

Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 04:20
good recollection lorre, waiting to appear in them xD
Dhenna View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 10:05
Thank you Lorre! I finally got my history!
HATHALDIR View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 11:23
Heaps of gaps filled in ,thanks Lorre!!!
Dhenna View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 12:10
Wait a minute....

Diablito = Aneirin? (And this is a serious question for a change)
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 13:02

Dhenna maybe, here is a thread that Diablito made (diablito=Jonny101) see if Diablito and Aneirin sound similar.

Edited by Gemley - 08 Jul 2011 at 13:03
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic