illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKurfists story (re-edited)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kurfists story (re-edited)
    Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 21:40
I decided to re-edit my story, as it was jumping around in different time periods, and making no overall sense to the reader. I personally disliked the earlier said fact, and that some of my entries were not adding on much.  I originally attempted to re-edit on my last thread for this story, but with the comments made I felt it could have been confusing to future readers. So now I ask for people not to comment if they read this, thank you.

"Hurry Kurfist Hurry!"  I ran through the plains, barely noticing the brush I was crunching underneath my feet. Thadah turned to look at m "Wheres Vrunnk!?" I looked behind myself and saw only the darkness.  "He was here a moment ago!"  Thadah turned pale, "Go back and find him, hurry!".  I looked at Thadah and nodded understatement, He in turn nodded at me and resumed running.   I ran back the way I came, ducking under outstretched branches and leaping over rocks.  "vrunnk!? I spoke into the darkness. "VRUNNK!".  "Over here" his voice called out to me.  I ran over to where his voice came from and saw Vrunnk laying on the muddy ground.

He had collapsed upon the ground, trying to escape the cascade of arrows that were pursuing us moments earlier, looking at the red stains on his loincloth, he unfortunately failed to fully escape.  Three arrows pierced his body, turning this brave kobold that yearned for elven combat, into a statistic.  I knelt near his corpse, wishing to be able to bring it back with myself and Thadah, however it was more important that we avenged his death.

I hurried back towards the direction that Thadah has ran off to, up and over hills and through brooks I ran, hoping that I would be able to catch the speedy kobold.  I tripped over my feet while running down the fifth hill, and tumbled down the hill and into a tree.  I stood up dizzy and with a slight pulsing pain through my forehead and what I saw left me speechless.

Thadah was sitting on a stump while in front of him lay seven Elves.  All of which were dead or dieing, and were decorated with stab wounds on their chest and necks.  Thadah himself had two arrow wounds, one on his bicep, the other on his shoulder, the elves were looking to disable him while he was murderously killing their brethren. Thadah looked up at myself and gave me a questioning glance.  "Gone" I said, answering the unspoken question.   Thadah nodded as though he expected it, "the map"? He asked.   "I didn't see it on him, perhaps they took it" I answered with slight frustration.  "They may have and most likely did if they possessed any smarts, however we are fortunate to have three elves here still amongst the living, perhaps they know" Thadah spoke.  "I doubt they will freely give up the location of their camp, they would rather die first, come on we had best head back to our camp" I answered.  Thadah gave me a sly smile and gestured to his dagger, "They'll talk".

Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 19:56
I walked through the nearby clearing as Thadah went ahead to take care of business.  A grotesque way of getting information, but one must be willing if one wants to bag an elf.  As I walked through the clearing a heard a distant pitter patter of hooves.  I crouched down and placed my spear within arms reach and waited for the beast to emerge.   A few moments after I had crouched down, a family of deer cantered through the clearing, no more then a few paces in front of myself.   They were a beautiful fawn color, they pranced around as though the world was theirs with no living threat of danger.  As I watched their majestic beauty I became aware of a rumbling in my belly, for I had not eaten in two days.  I reached for my spear, eyes fastened on the buck, I prepared to pounce on my target when I recalled the pain I endured when my father was slain.  I felt the tears wash my bloodstained face, and in my hesitation the deer walked out of the clearing, to another place.

I walked back towards where Thadah had been working on the Elves we had. My stomach rumbling mournfully at the sight of food walking away while I strugged with my thoughts. I wiped the moisture away from my eyes as I approached Thadah, now drenched in the blood of elves.  He looked up and noticed the faint red in my eyes, " What happened?" he asked.  "A buck and his family" I replied.  Thadah stood up and clipped me on the shoulder "You need to stop remembering, especially when we are so close to our revenge". I looked up at Thadah with a light shining in my eyes " Nothing will stop me from having my revenge".
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 22:40
Thadah and I sat perched on a cliff overlooking a camp.  "Just what are we supposed to be looking at?" Thadah asked.  I looked back at Thadah, paused for a moment and said " We're learning the behaviors of the Watch".  "Pah! This has too much thinking, why can't I just run down and start braining them with my axe!?" "Probably because Elves like to use bows and would have a dozen arrows in you before you reached their camp" I said with a faint smile.  Thadah's face scrunched as he digested the comment "Aha, I see..  So what have you noticed?".   I pointed out a structure with adorning flags, "The guards all appear to be going from elf to elf, and the elves have moved to that building". 

Thadah looked at me then at the building then back to me. He scratched under his arm and asked "how does that help us?".    "Almost all of the Elves will be in one tightly packed building, save a few guards." I answered.  Thadah looked at me with a questioning look.  "A tightly packed building.." I continued "That is made of wood"  I turned my head over to our dry torches, not yet lit.  Thadah's face lit up as he realized what this meant, "aha, whens the barbecue!?"
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2011 at 00:41
I moved up towards the camp. I ran low the the ground, almost at a crouch, never breaking my stride. It was a risky move, I was dressed in a rough brown loincloth whereas the scenery around me was green and black, however I was risking concealment for speed.   I reached the entrance to the camp no problem though I spotted two guards in front of the opening.  I slid down to the cover of a rock, conveniently placed near a corner of the wall surrounding the camp.  I risked another look at the guards, noticing that one of them had the traditional re-curve bow of the Elves, while the other had a bizarre crystal like dagger.

I snorted like a boar, and noticed a familiar shape running down the hillside towards my position.  I hoped that the Elven guards wouldn't notice Thadah until we regrouped and attacked, I hoped but that doesn't mean it would happen.  Thadah was about three hundred yards from me when he tripped over his feet, and fell a good one hundred feet away from me and towards the guards.  I heard him yell out in pain, and heard the guards gesture towards him.  The Elf with the bow was readying his bow, while the other watched and placed a few gold coins on a flat rock beside him.  I realized with fury that he was betting with the other Elf if he would manage to shoot Thadah in a number of shots.

I jumped up from my position and threw  a small throwing knife towards the Elf with the bow, he was hit in the neck, collapsed in a pool of blood.  The other Elf with the dagger noticed his downfall, looked up for the source of the knife and spotted me.  With a roar he ran towards me and thrusted with his dagger.   I raised my axe to block it when I heard Thadah cry in pain two hundred yards away, I looked up surprised and my axe changed movement away form the dagger...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic