Topic ClosedSome innocent informations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
_duQ View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some innocent informations
    Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 11:27
I'm puzzled and disappointed by Azreil's extreme reaction toward me, he's always claimed to be a skilled politician. He could have let me make a peaceful farewell to all the members I've been helping during months. Trying to prevent me from communicating with other Valar was pointless and the way Azreil ejected the poor Quicks, who can't connect atm, because I'm his sitter, was ridiculous. There are spies inside Valar and he can't prevent it. The informations I already had were more threatening to Valar than the informations I could have acquired by looking at the Valar chat (which is most of the time a chat between Dakota and Angrum having nothing to do with game). And I would have distributed my resources to Valar's members.
Moreover I have been willing to quit the game since the 2nd tournament because of all those incoherent game systems, because of the game's rules changing every month or 2, because the server is crowded, because the biggest players are regrouped in one unique alliance, etc. Valar members kept convincing me otherwise, seriously guys all that energy spent for finally betraying me?
Az announced I'm "fair game" knowing that I had already demolished my cities to 20Kpop total and dismissed most of my troops. He, at least, could have let me have a good fight or a peaceful retirement.

Now when I see Anjire displaying an obvious knowledge of igm I sent to Valar and as I'm fair game and as I've been betrayed, I think I can publish 1 or 2 infos. I don't hope that it would lead to any consequence, although I think this boring server would need a good global war.

We you're stuck in the same situation than most of Evony servers after 1 year, everyone is bored, a big alliance or a big meta-alliance forbid any skirmish between old players, instant messaging prevents from concealing attacks, old players quit (several Valar's old players did), scavenging players (Lorre and co) are restless so any pretext becomes valid to demonize and lynch another player. The only players that are happy are daily clickers.
If you add the fact that this community (when I say community I'm talking about the 10-20 players that always speak on GC and intervene on forums) is one of the most right-thinking and heinous and full of hatred I've encountered so far (I reckon not the worst).

_duQ

your call

Sent By:Azreil [VALAR]
Received By:You
Date:6/7/2011 5:17:39 AM

Buddy,

I believe that the community is right now being polarized by our recent actions, I use the word "our" because I share the responsibility as the leader / founder of the VALAR.  I am getting information that H? is mobilizing its allies against us. While we still have to hear from 0--0 and Invictus. I highly doubt that it is the time to pose a military challenge to H?

In view of the above and before I formalize options for the alliance to consider in coming up with a formal position on the matter which we shall then broadcast to the community, I would like to hear your position and plans on the matter.

Personally , Im still divided on whether to :

a. Challenge H? and risk my survival in the game and the survival of the alliance - which i really dont mind, am about like burned out by the game. If a good majority of the alliance prefers this, which i doubt, then it is worth fighting to the end.

b. Play to the music of H? - issue a public apology, appease the community, play defense and rise up to fight another day.

Let me know soon. Before panic and confusion  sets in, I would like to be fair to the rest and let them know where we as an alliance is headed.

Thanks and good luck

Az

FW: FW: FW: Confederation with VIC

Sent By:Azreil [VALAR]
Received By:You
Date:6/5/2011 1:59:34 PM

> FW: FW: FW: Confederation with VIC
> Received: 05 Jun 2011 13:59
> Original Message:

> FW: FW: Confederation
> Received: 05 Jun 2011 13:58
> Original Message:

tigre / _duQ/ darkone,

I am willing to elevate to escalate hostilities with H? depending on VIC response to my proposal to confed with them. I am waiting for sloter reply to my message below.

Az

> FW: Confederation
> Received: 05 Jun 2011 13:57
> Original Message:

Hi Sloter,

We are looking for close allies to form a front against the Aesir-PA-Dlords-H? clique trying to dominate Illyriad.

We believe VALAR and INVICTUS share more or less the same stand with regards to the political machinations of this group and it would benefit both if we, together with 0-0,  form a united front to counter them.  I also intend to bring TMOT to our side

I put my trust that this proposal, no matter what you stand might be, shall be kept in the strictest confidence. We have always considered VIC as a friend and a distant ally, you having helped ius and 0-0 in many previous occasions before.

Please let me know if this is something that merits your favor and we could discuss forward.

Best regards,

Azreil

-o-0-o-
Btw Lorre, you should know that with sally forth I wouldn't have needed any reinforcement from Valar, even you had showed a better understanding of Illyriad system, instead of sending your reinforcing troops one by one. Fact is you've lost 10K troops and I've lost 3500.
Still I had some reinf (see below).
-o-0-o-

Mon, Jun 20, 06:07:17
Your inbound military movements
Count Army Activity From Timing Carrying View
625 seige army Reinforcing Tarl's [VALAR]
Town: Gor 27m 9s
View In Map
1,346 Army IV Reinforcing jvsj's [VALAR]
Town: Veio 4hr 2m 2s
View In Map
1,269 Army II Reinforcing jvsj's [VALAR]
Town: Roma 4hr 33m 22s
View In Map
1,099 36's Raider Reinforcing Your
Town: Thirty-Six Stratagems 5hr 13s
View In Map
1,000 GoRinNoSho Raiders Reinforcing Your
Town: GoRinNoSho 5hr 5m 51s
View In Map
1,448 Adb el-Krim Raiders Reinforcing Your
Town: Abd el-Krim 5hr 34m 8s
View In Map
44 Vom Krieg Artillery Defending Quicks' [VALAR]
Town: Quickz 15hr 50m 22s
View In Map
312 Maloria's Pikemen Reinforcing Your
Town: Maloria 20hr 23m 17s
View In Map
435 West Buckler Wall Reinforcing Derfel Cadharn's [VALAR]
Town: Summer 2d 15hr 6m 15s
View In Map
649 Sun Bin Fa Raiders Reinforcing Your
[-501|-49] in Keppen 11d 23hr 50m 54s
View In Map
494 Maloria's Raiders Reinforcing Your
[5|-348] in Arran 14d 5hr 15m 17s
View In Map
1,594 36's Army Reinforcing Your
[-241|-58] in Tor Carrock 14d 6hr 22m 1s
View In Map
3780 Sun Bin Fa Rear Guard Reinforcing Your
[-501|-49] in Keppen 14d 16hr 5m 32s
View In Map

Hostile army encampments
<None currently>

Friendly reinforcement encampments
Count Army Activity From Timing Carrying View
842 Bulgai Legion Reinforcing Angrum's [VALAR]
[-720|992] in The Wastes 3d 12hr 55m 13s
View In Map
278 Chambri Legion Reinforcing Angrum's [VALAR]
[-669|995] in The Wastes 3d 13hr 42m 54s
View In Map
1,300 Angaul Legion Reinforcing Angrum's [VALAR]
[-799|849] in The Wastes 3d 16hr 6m 37s
View In Map
31 White Tiger Defense Reinforcing _viceRoy's [VALAR]
[832|635] in Tamarin 3d 17hr 20m 22s
View In Map
431 Northwatch Army Reinforcing Cüthalion's [VALAR]
[-665|996] in The Wastes 4d 5hr 44m 7s
View In Map
810 XVIII Legion Reinforcing Cüthalion's [VALAR]
[-674|969] in The Wastes 4d 9hr 49m 55s
View In Map
1,300 The Rain of Arrows Reinforcing kerenlee's [VALAR]
[178|122] in Middle Kingdom 5d 21hr 41m 21s
View In Map
2,112 The Galadhrim Reinforcing Azreil's [VALAR]
[121|-386] in Arran 6d 19hr 41m 21s
View In Map
671 Cleopatra's Arrowdancers Reinforcing kerenlee's [VALAR]
[171|122] in Middle Kingdom 6d 21hr 17m 38s
View In Map
4,000 Lorre is useless Reinforcing darkone's [VALAR]
[277|-143] in Middle Kingdom 7d 16hr 40m 34s
View In Map
4,903 Dont tell us what to do Reinforcing darkone's [VALAR]
[321|-50] in Lucerna 7d 20hr 15m
View In Map
1,465 Seek Reinforcing Minwee's [VALAR]
[-418|-19] in Keppen 7d 22hr 41m 1s
View In Map
120 7th Cav Reinforcing Hammer's [VALAR]
[134|-397] in Arran 7d 23hr 50m 53s
View In Map
99 Blue Band Reinforcing Flow's [VALAR]
[44|-350] in Arran 8d 9hr 51m 45s
View In Map
203 Bloodwings Reinforcing Kurdruk's [VALAR]
[10|809] in Wolgast 8d 11hr 16m 29s
View In Map
1,589 The Swordsmen of the Red Dawn Reinforcing stefy's [VALAR]
[68|-372] in Arran 8d 14hr 33m 38s
View In Map
718 LES2Cavalry Reinforcing PShark's [VALAR]
[-214|-169] in Tor Carrock 8d 15hr 5m 44s
View In Map
1,548 The Warharadrim Reinforcing perperas' [VALAR]
[4|-208] in Tor Carrock 9d 13hr 49m 52s
View In Map
784 LES2Bows Reinforcing PShark's [VALAR]
[-214|-169] in Tor Carrock 9d 23hr 48m 24s
View In Map
868 LES1Spears Reinforcing PShark's [VALAR]
[-209|-171] in Tor Carrock 10d 13hr 30m 23s
View In Map
899 warden Reinforcing Minwee's [VALAR]
[-480|-115] in Keppen 10d 21hr 9m 38s
View In Map
1,212 The Dyadan Shadow Melders Reinforcing Westy_000's [VALAR]
[178|-465] in Arran 11d 15m 23s
View In Map
751 LES1Swords Reinforcing PShark's [VALAR]
[-209|-171] in Tor Carrock 11d 7hr 58m 25s
View In Map
1,699 The 2nd Guards Reinforcing Hammer's [VALAR]
[134|-397] in Arran 11d 12hr 50m 24s
View In Map
1,500 Magic1D2 Reinforcing Magictronian's [VALAR]
[-57|1] in Middle Kingdom 11d 20hr 7m 18s
View In Map
1,641 Guardians Reinforcing good_buddy's [VALAR]
[259|-532] in Arran 11d 23hr 28m 49s
View In Map
You 
The Rear Guard 
Mon, Jun 20, 06:07:22
649 Sun Bin Fa Raiders Reinforcing Your
[-501|-49] in Keppen 11d 23hr 49m 39s
View In Map
3,147 WizardD1 Reinforcing Magictronian's [VALAR]
[-109|43] in Middle Kingdom 12d 3hr 33m 36s
View In Map
219 Gurdjuk's Riders Reinforcing Kurdruk's [VALAR]
[668|826] in Qarosslan 12d 7hr 1m 39s
View In Map
1,459 Magic1W2 Reinforcing Magictronian's [VALAR]
[-57|1] in Middle Kingdom 12d 9hr 26m 55s
View In Map
2,085 WizardW2 Reinforcing Magictronian's [VALAR]
[-109|43] in Middle Kingdom 13d 10hr 59m 26s
View In Map
1,861 W2W2 Reinforcing Magictronian's [VALAR]
[-108|43] in Middle Kingdom 13d 11hr 12m 28s
View In Map
681 cav Reinforcing Tarl's [VALAR]
[278|41] in Middle Kingdom 14d 1hr 27m 5s
View In Map
1,222 Silver Skittle C Reinforcing keelly's [VALAR]
[-543|-188] in Tor Carrock 14d 1hr 52m 37s
View In Map
1,057 T-5 cav Reinforcing Tarl's [VALAR]
[304|64] in Middle Kingdom 14d 3hr 11m 48s
View In Map
494 Maloria's Raiders Reinforcing Your
[5|-348] in Arran 14d 5hr 14m 3s
View In Map
1,594 36's Army Reinforcing Your
[-241|-58] in Tor Carrock 14d 6hr 20m 47s
View In Map
932 Randwulf Riders IV Reinforcing Jasmine_sw's [VALAR]
[80|-367] in Arran 14d 7hr 21m 36s
View In Map
262 Sindarin Sereg'til Reinforcing Dakota Strider's [VALAR]
[-155|-532] in Azura 14d 11hr 53m 58s
View In Map
490 Dirnaith'Nith Reinforcing Dakota Strider's [VALAR]
[108|-208] in Middle Kingdom 14d 15hr 19m 51s
View In Map
3780 Sun Bin Fa Rear Guard Reinforcing Your
[-501|-49] in Keppen 14d 16hr 4m 17s
View In Map
815 Tadui Bregal Thoronath Reinforcing Dakota Strider's [VALAR]
[110|-210] in Middle Kingdom 14d 17hr 47m 22s
View In Map

Edited by _duQ - 03 Jul 2011 at 11:28
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 14:19
Quote b. Play to the music of H? - issue a public apology, appease the community, play defense and rise up to fight another day

Looks like that's not longer an option.
Smoking GNU View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 14:56
Oh dear, another pity-fishing excersize by duq. Are we gonna get another chronic troller on the forums like LH?
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 16:25
GNU i dont think he is making this up, so stop laughing at him and try to listen
Starry View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 16:40
Interesting read....

So you have control of Quicks account, Quick can't get on so you are destroying his troops now?    Or is this a third account of yours?  (You already admitted to another as your alt).    Inquiring minds want to know Star
CEO, Harmless?
Founder of Toothless?

"Truth never dies."
-HonoredMule

HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 17:18
Am I missing something or is there no new information here?  We already knew _duQ was being reinforced earlier, and that Valar have an "open mind" regarding conflict with us.  The latter is self-evident in their inconsistent position regarding general policies and real actions, inconsistent reactions to _duQ's behavior, avoidance of hard facts in political discussions, and smarmy communications with flattery clearly intended to disarm and appease (while their actual behavior suggests strong disagreement with our own alliance culture).

Beyond that one can easily infer from personalities and past behavior which alliances Valar would think might join with them in making a "big picture" play and that of course they'd be interested in making such a play.  Without confirmation that other alliances are actually partaking in such speculations, the external outlook appears unchanged to me.

It is interesting that Valar think Harmless are "mobilizing their allies," as we've not been in communication with anyone except DLords, and that only with regard to mutual grievances against _duQ.  I dare say Valar will live to fight another day, whatever the general attitudes and sentiments between our alliances.
Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 17:47
Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

Am I missing something or is there no new information here?  We already knew _duQ was being reinforced earlier, and that Valar have an "open mind" regarding conflict with us.  The latter is self-evident in their inconsistent position regarding general policies and real actions, inconsistent reactions to _duQ's behavior, avoidance of hard facts in political discussions, and smarmy communications with flattery clearly intended to disarm and appease (while their actual behavior suggests strong disagreement with our own alliance culture).

Beyond that one can easily infer from personalities and past behavior which alliances Valar would think might join with them in making a "big picture" play and that of course they'd be interested in making such a play.  Without confirmation that other alliances are actually partaking in such speculations, the external outlook appears unchanged to me.

It is interesting that Valar think Harmless are "mobilizing their allies," as we've not been in communication with anyone except DLords, and that only with regard to mutual grievances against _duQ.  I dare say Valar will live to fight another day, whatever the general attitudes and sentiments between our alliances.

This and the quote from Starry above is just cheapskate drivel.

It's one player against the powerful alliance in Illyriad for goodness sake. Just fight out it and finsh it. Don't demean yourselves with cheap shots and snide analyses
Azreil View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 18:31
That one-month old message about considering "open hostilities" with H was made in reaction to reports that I was getting that PA was just being the front of a concerted effort to attack the VALAR, and using the pretext of the berberos affair to launch a TMM kind of crusade against us. 

Remember that during this time, PA was drumbeating war against the VALAR, Smoking gnu was vilifying the VALAR every opportunity he gets on GC, Curse has mobilized for a possible war with VALAR, so we were certainly being forced to seek our own allies.

So this is to clarify that it was made as part of our reactive defensive agenda not a proactive  agenda for evilness and world-domination. 

This much I will confirm that we have sought support from 0-0 and VIC in anticipation of a TMM "holy" crusade against us.  Which proved to be an over-reaction on my part.

That message was made at the onset of the berberos affair, when I was still somehow "behind" _duQ, meaning I tolerated his actions for respecting his individual preferences for offensive play, but not to the extent of destroying berberos being a newbie.  Which eventually proved that I was wrong in giving duQ such support.

And of course, _duQ being the warmonger and most hawkish among us was, in hindsight, getting  support that he always wanted to push for his own brand of aggressive play which goes all the way to enflaming a global war, which is not what I want as leader of the VALAR. 

I already made our position clear to HM that the VALAR is here to represent an alternative gameplay, aggressive in kind, and create a healthy tension for the meta-game. Perhaps it could not be avoided that we will not agree with the culture and ideology of Harmless, for we have our own ideology and we enjoy  our own brand of play and I know we have our own base of support among Illyriad players.  And what will become of this game if everybody subscribes unquestioningly to but one ideology?

But this is not to say that we are here to destroy the game of others.  This is where _duQ started losing my support and the support of the VALAR.  His character was stubborn and intolerant of newbies and it is becoming apparent his blueprint was for a global war. Which is not the VALAR's.

_duQ could post all the "innocent" info he wants to. But I really do not care even for the spies amongst our ranks.

_duQ thought he had me hooked on his strategy, and he was wrong.  That is why he is out of the VALAR.  Just as well as the spies reporting on all that is already history.  ^^ 

Suffice it to say, _duQ has played irresponsibly and lost my trust and did not deserve to stay any longer being with the VALAR.   

The VALAR will definitely fight, that is our brand of play, but as I have told you HM, we shall fight in a responsible manner.  And regarding the use of flattery, its always a tool of statesmanship, and there are many others who does the job so much better than I ever will.

Edited by Azreil - 03 Jul 2011 at 18:32
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 19:26
Azreil, 

"in reaction to reports that I was getting that PA was just being the front of a concerted effort to attack the VALAR, and using the pretext of the berberos affair to launch a TMM kind of crusade against us."

"This much I will confirm that we have sought support from 0-0 and VIC in anticipation of a TMM "holy" crusade against us.  Which proved to be an over-reaction on my part."

I appreciate these comments.  I can honestly say, I never knew who Berberos was before all this started.  I believe the person spreading the rumors that berb was a "front" was the troll aneirin.  

I am not opposed to older players fighting amongst themselves if they are restless - but leave the newer players out of it.  This is where I take my stance.  There is an old saying, "Pick on someone your own size."  I feel as though Lorre and _duQ should have just gone at it, 1 on 1, and gotten it out of their system.

Edited by SunStorm - 03 Jul 2011 at 19:26
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 23:09
I think the hidden message here is everyone wants to see a big war,(most don't want to be involved but rather watch),so going by Sunstorm's advice "pick on someone your own size",H? declare war on everyone and appease the community,it is your responsibility,claim the whole map as H territory and all living in it's realms as servants to H.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic