FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIllySPN Tournament Commentary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Anjire View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 21:55
Is it possible to get the statistics like we did from the first tournament?  # and type of troops uses and how many casualties they inflicted and were inflicted upon them.  Perhaps, a mention of the top 20 damage dealers - If I  have been following properly I think nipirt777 would be #1.  

Manannan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 22:07
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Wow, some seriously great coverage and analysis here, Manannan.

Many, many thanks on behalf of all of the dev team, as it saves us a bunch of work!

btw, please let us know if there are any stats you specifically want, that you can't run.

SC

Cheers SC. 

These posts today are why I've been quiet in GC all day whilst doing the final analysis. It's been quite good fun as it takes me back to (game that shall never be mentioned again without spitting) days where we WoT would hold alliance contests to help us grow as an alliance and we'd have an awards ceremony at the end to announce the winners, give out the prizes and have a general giggle.

The only stats I don't have that I think I'd like to comment on are the times people occupied tournament squares and the casualties inflicted and sustained by them. I can add them up myself for alliance numbers. If you can provide those FANTASTIC and I'll do an IllySPN supplemental report after the next post. If not no worries and the next one will be the very last of the IllySPN coverage. Beer
Doesn't look good... doesn't look bad either!

"Manananananananananan, so long Sir, and thanks for all the fish." ~ St.Jude
Manannan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 22:08
Originally posted by Anjire Anjire wrote:

Is it possible to get the statistics like we did from the first tournament?  # and type of troops uses and how many casualties they inflicted and were inflicted upon them.  Perhaps, a mention of the top 20 damage dealers - If I  have been following properly I think nipirt777 would be #1.  

Looks like we both want to see the same things, LOL LOL

Manannan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 23:24
LOLDay 29

Fifth and Final Part

Well that is pretty much it for the Tournament III IllySPN coverage. Its been a long journey that we started 29 days ago but we somehow survived with the minimum amount of pain inflicted. The purpose of this final post is to mention some of my personal tournament highlights over the course of the contest and some of the things we learnt along the way.

Firstly the highlights... Where to begin as there have been so many to choose between. 

It wouldn't be right if we didn't start off with the numerous 'friendly fire' incidents. My three favourites would have to be the Tanis and Selissa of [Curse] battles on the first day of the contest costing them over 20k troops starting off the contest with a giggle for us all. Next most favourite would definitely have to be one player (who has as to be remained nameless) taking out himself and his alt account on one battle again very early in the contest. Finally the last one which wasn't technically in the contest but 7 minutes after it had finished when rumple and Sircool7 from [WE] had a confrontation proving that its just as funny after the event as it is during. LOL

A personal highlight for myself and [WoT] alliance would have to be Dunedane binding an elemental at Kal Tirikan. I say well played to you sir and you'll not doubt receive numerous congratulations over the next few days in alliance chat.

We've seen a record fall in the contest (although it did go unreported... My bad)! 
17 Jun 19:16:46Mandarins31's [VIC] Attacking army from #4 Paris39,431
In this massive encounter Mandarin31 [VIC] set the benchmark for most casualties inflicted by one person with 30895, more than 7000 than the previous record holder. I would say this deserves a special reward but unfortunately all I can offer are my personal congratulations on this remarkable achievement! Handshake Clap

Action wise I would have to say the final day was fantastic. At the three-way tied Arran Altar all main players had a final shot at glory but nothing could separate them in the end making it the most remarkable of tournament locations. Two of the other altars were also up for grabs on the final day and they all provided good entertainment to the end.

What about things that we have learnt.

Well we definitely all learnt that Runeriders are not good defenders!

We learnt that puppies will eat anything near them and that Disney toys pretty much look the same coming out as they do going in. Which reminds me... Has anyone seen my calculator? LOL 

A lot of us learnt that we have to carefully check that we set troops to occupy tournaments squares and not raid or attack or lose an army for no real reason for a week. 

We learnt that the spelling and grammar police have been on holiday for four weeks as that is the only way I think I could have gotten away with so many occasions of spelling 'altar' as 'alter' amongst the other no doubt numerous errors. I have no doubt someone has been keeping a tally of them all and they will appear very shortly! LOL

My personal favourite was we learnt that in the event of a tie at an altar there was no plan B as it was viewed as unlikely when the tournament rules were released. LOL

The most important thing I learnt was doing a commentary for 29 days is bloody hard work and finding trying to find new material and jokes whilst not repeating yourself for a month is impossible! Also I learnt that trying not to repeat yourself month is impossible! LOL

But the most important thing we all learnt over the last four weeks is never, EVER eat the yellow snow!!! It turns out it is not lemon flavoured after all!!! LOL

I'm sure there are other highlights and things we learnt but that will have to do

Barring some extra information which will be posted in a supplemental that is it for the IllySPN coverage of the tournament. On behalf of all the IllySPN staff, (that being myself, Harvey the Note Eating Puppy and Paddy the Imaginary Leprechaun who tells me to drink stupid amounts of Guinness,) I'd like to congratulate all the winners and successful players from the contest, and for all the players of Illyriad I wish you Good Luck and Good Gaming

Also a big thank you to GM StormCrow and GM ThunderCat for another fantastic tournament to keep us distracted for a few weeks and sorting out the early teething problems whilst they grafted on with the programming code for future releases coming our way soon (TM). Clap Clap Clap

That's it folks..... Time to crack open a(nother) beer or two and PARTY!!! Beer Party

Thank you all once again and to everyone who have viewed the IllySPN thread - Over 2600 views at the start of the day when I started typing and still counting. I'll leave you with these final words...

Censored ESPN!!! LOL

DISCLAIMER: IllySPN is not affliated with Illyriad Games Ltd and the views and commentary expressed are those of the individual IllySPN reporters and do not necessarily match the views and opinions of Illyriad Games Ltd. IllySPN is also awaiting the definite forthcoming lawsuit from from the faceless suit monkeys at ESPN. LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic