FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRetired Thread - Lorre vs VALAR DDD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 29>
Author
_duQ View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 05:47
I don't really like address plebs. But plebs has been manipulated by false rumors for to long.
I usually try to have fun while playing. I'm a chess player that plays fair within the boundaries of the game's rules.
What I really don't like is playing with hypocrite and cheaters.

Everyone did swallow every single whining from berberos. No one wondered if the situation was as simple as the bad _duQ attacking the innocent berberos or not. No one even thought that posts from berberos could be extracts out of context.

I have no respect for all people that are so smart that they repeat blindly what some manipulative player tell them and, most of the time, exaggerate what they repeat.

When he prided himself of having defended the poor, no one seemed to remember that Createure had already send thieves against me without provocation during the tourney. Lorre, you should attack him, because it was unprovoked and out of jalousy (Remember the last tourney that Harmless was supposed to win uncontested?).

Well Lorre honestly, I don't know you and I don't really care about you. Except you're a cheater. There is a difference between using the game's system to get info and a false account to access the private forum an enemy alliance. What I'm puzzled about is how you can be proud of it.

Naturally H guys are using the mob effect, created by a small skirmish and lots of lies, to build a reason to attack Valar simply because they can't stand having been beaten at that stupid tournament.

To finish, here comes carrion feeders, that hope that H will attack Valar so they can get their share.

Honestly guys, you're  making of that game an experience that isn't better than Evony. SO it's time use your own brain not your mob-brain.

And it's true that kittens that look at me die of cancer and that every single offensive spell or diplo comes from me.

_duQ
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 05:57
He spoke.  (o.0)  This is the first time he has spoken on the matter...

And with that, I would like to point a few things out.  Please notice the following:

1. Not once did _duQ addresses the reason for the attacks, yet he claims that everything we know about it is "manipulated by false rumors."
  2. In addition, _duQ falsely claims that nobody is interested in his side of the story, which in fact has been the main question all along.
  3. And finally..  do you smell it?  Yes, there it is...  A red herring. 
Originally posted by </span></span></span><a href=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/red+herring target=_blank>http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/red+herring</a> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/red+herring wrote:

Main Entry: red her·ring 
Pronunciation: "red-'her-i[ng] 
Function: noun 
Etymology: red herring  something that distracts attention from themain issue, diversion 

In argument, something designed to divert an opponent's attention from the central issue. If a herring is dragged across a trail that hounds are following, it throws them off the scent.

Why does anyone bother to listen any more...  to me or to you...  I admit I placed this in here because I am upset that any 6 city player would treat a 2 city player with such disregard.  Yes, I have my motives, but I JUST EXPLAINED THEM.  I am keeping nothing hidden.  Believe what you want - trust whom you will - but even these "manipulated" facts seem to speak more truth than you just did.  

I see no justification for any of your action.  You are bitter that you lost a tournament...  I am sorry for that...  what does it have to do with your unjustifiable actions to a much smaller and defenseless player?

Edited by SunStorm - 09 Jun 2011 at 06:49
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Erik Dirk View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 06:11
Sigh, why must all the really involved parties be so black and white

Hey all, I'm One of the leaders of POS (Valars confederated alliance) I'd just like to make a few points

1. The one on one argument doesn't quite hold water. Yes lorre would have lost troops defending the noobs towns, however _duQ lost an entire siege army to a third party, and lost troops to other defending players, therefore at this point only _duQ has lost troops to 3rd parties.

2. Asking an aliance to kick out a member is an extream demand and has the potential to spiral.

3 Azriel believes that currently this game is too nice which I too believe, it is meant to be a war game.

This being said when one whishes to change the status quoe we can easily overstep the mark as I believe has happened in this case, and agree that Azriel shouldn't condone _duQ actions especially given the very short timespan provided. By the way _duQ are you aware that you can't teleport your capital if an offensive army is on it's way?! 

I'd also Like to point out that as an alliance head it may come to a point where it is advisable to kick a player out of the alliance but demotion and other warnings/sanctions should be explored first
If I had been in Azriels position and had been thinking of booting _duQ then the mule like public demands of lorre would far from convince me but rather corner me into defending my member.

Stop making ass's of yourselves (both sides) it's not too late to work it out more diplomatically
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 06:29
Erik Dirk,

You have some very valid points.  I am a friend of BecBlue and respect PoS.  I am also friends with some VALAR members.  I agree that this has gone too far and needs to come to an end...  

1. However,  I am one of the players defending berberos city.  I have lost troops for the simple reason that I chose to help protect another player.  Lorre and other players have lost troops for the same reason.  Creature lost troops, but that was the price he choose to pay to help someone in need. And as for Berberos, he has lost his whole army!  _duQ lost troops on the siege and only continues loosing troops because every night he continues to send out more.
  2. Asking VALAR to kick _duQ would ensure that other players wouldn't be reinforcing his cities.  This was because Lorre wanted it just between the two of them.  But now that they are reinforcing _duQ, more alliances are becoming involved.
  3. This was the worst support you could have chosen.  If Azriel believes that currently this game is too nice because it is meant to be a war game - Well, he's got a war on his hands... 

I agree, it should have been solved diplomatically, but what should should you do if the other person never responds back?  And the whole while-someone is being sieged...  It wasn't time to call a peace counsel, it was time to take action!  Which I would like to point out - the only action taken was to break the siege and reinforce berberos.  From there, negotiations should have begun. Instead, more attacks were sent and assassins also!  The whole time, VALAR refused to speak to anyone about it.  

I too am disgusted with how far this has gone...  However, where should the line be drawn?

Edited by SunStorm - 09 Jun 2011 at 06:48
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 08:29
Interesting!

I would just like to say, both sides of the argument have valid reasons for their stance.Time will be the ultimate decider in this saga just as it is in everything else.Good luck to all involved.
Erik Dirk View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 09:37
Sunstorm my first point wasn't condeming you, lorre or anyone for their protection, It was only targeted at lorre's claim that valar should let it be a one on one fight; _duQ would have almost no army now because of 3rd parties therefore to ask for a one on one fight is absurd as the prior engagments have stacked the odds extreamly in lorre's favour.

Mr D the dwarven lords situation is different, their claim was only for players settling new cities in their territory, 1st cities were accepted by them
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 10:54
Point being they are claiming a territory as theirs.Forget the new player side of it,is it not "bullying" by saying "this is our territory,no one else can live here,if you do you will be dealt with".Regardless of whether you are a population of 100 or 10000,you have a right to reside where ever you like.Similarly, if you don't want someone living next door to you, it is your right to tell them to bugger off and equally it is their right to tell you to shove it and move away yourself.And finally if others want to side with either party,guess what,they can.Father time will decide where it ends my friend, we are all just the players.

P.s. There are precedents for every occasion,it's just what argument you are trying to present. There's post in the same forum panning territory claiming by the Mal Motshans.

Edited by Mr Damage - 09 Jun 2011 at 10:57
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 11:42
Originally posted by _duQ _duQ wrote:

I don't really like address plebs. But plebs has been manipulated by false rumors for to long.
I usually try to have fun while playing. I'm a chess player that plays fair within the boundaries of the game's rules.
What I really don't like is playing with hypocrite and cheaters.

Everyone did swallow every single whining from berberos. No one wondered if the situation was as simple as the bad _duQ attacking the innocent berberos or not. No one even thought that posts from berberos could be extracts out of context.

I have no respect for all people that are so smart that they repeat blindly what some manipulative player tell them and, most of the time, exaggerate what they repeat.

When he prided himself of having defended the poor, no one seemed to remember that Createure had already send thieves against me without provocation during the tourney. Lorre, you should attack him, because it was unprovoked and out of jalousy (Remember the last tourney that Harmless was supposed to win uncontested?).

Well Lorre honestly, I don't know you and I don't really care about you. Except you're a cheater. There is a difference between using the game's system to get info and a false account to access the private forum an enemy alliance. What I'm puzzled about is how you can be proud of it.

Naturally H guys are using the mob effect, created by a small skirmish and lots of lies, to build a reason to attack Valar simply because they can't stand having been beaten at that stupid tournament.

To finish, here comes carrion feeders, that hope that H will attack Valar so they can get their share.

Honestly guys, you're  making of that game an experience that isn't better than Evony. SO it's time use your own brain not your mob-brain.

And it's true that kittens that look at me die of cancer and that every single offensive spell or diplo comes from me.

_duQ

well if we are plebians you are a patrician right?so if thats the point you think you are better then the rest and the rules dont apply to you?
give me 1 thing i cheated on a second account is allowed and even then i didnt even have to use a second account cuz people were willing to do that for me.

then give your side of the story.

i thaught it was allready agreed upon that the thieves send during the tournament werent nice but were within the rules of the tournament.
H? isnt using anything at all. you seem to forget that it was me who wanted you to be kicked so i could take you 1 on 1 like azreil said like many others said aswell instead u are getting reinforcements.
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Sgt..Shanks View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 13:34
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 13:51
"you seem to forget that it was me who wanted you to be kicked so i could take you 1 on 1 like azreil said like many others said aswell instead u are getting reinforcements."

A few points....

There was no need for him to be kicked so you could take him on one-on-one.

If this was your intention, then why did you not contact the VALAR and request such a one-on-one challenge?

Why did you go straight onto GC garnering support and raising a lynch mob type rabble?

Why did you allow others that were loyal to you, to stand against Duqs forces at Berbtown?

Why have you constantly claimed the VALAR are responsible for Duqs actions?

Why did you go dirrectly to other alliances, CURSE for example and gain there support for war, before you even launched a real attack against Duq?

.....??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 29>
  Share Topic