Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSecurity in Alliance Chat

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Does an alliance chat security feature interest you? (read below)
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
14 [82.35%]
1 [5.88%]
1 [5.88%]
1 [5.88%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Security in Alliance Chat
    Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 01:21
Game Developers:

There is a serious problem with the Alliance Chat.

• There are some players in this game (I'm sure you know what I am talking about) that hop in and out of alliances, cause un-necessary drama, and are most likely multi-accounting trolls.... 
  • Alliances take new recruits under their wing and help them grow (while the whole time they could be acting as a spy for someone else).  
  • Our alliance uses the chat to discuss another alliance or another player's behavior and make plans for action or defense strategies.

There could be a solution.
  • A toggle button placed right next to the chat send button could add additional security.
  • When ticked, text would be sent through a secure line and appear blue (or another color you perhaps like better) in the alliance chat window. 
  • The Alliance leader can select which ranks in the alliance can see the secure text.

The benefits would be great.
  • Alliances would no longer have to send private message after message to all of its players to work on a strategy plan which they don’t wish the new players to know about.
  • The bothersome trolls who infiltrate alliances would be kept at bay
  • I know of no other MMORPG that offers this level of security for alliances.  Illyriad could be the first while all the others trail behind!  

Please consider this proposal and look into ways to implement this feature.  The development team has done a wonderful job and I know many players hope for a higher level of security against pesky trolls.

Edited by SunStorm - 03 Jun 2011 at 13:40
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

mrchocotaco View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 01:29
Agreed 100%. This hasn't been an issue in my alliance since I've started but I've thought about the possibility of it happening. This is a great solution.
Planet View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 04:01
Officer chat is in most online games, this one should be no exception. Glad someone brought it up :)
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 15:19
I think it is better to have alliance chat an open thing as it is now. If an alliance is very much worried about being spied upon, they should better know the members before taking them in. 

A "button to discriminate" between alliance members in chat - is not just right.
mrchocotaco View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 21:02
Originally posted by Ander Ander wrote:

A "button to discriminate" between alliance members in chat - is not just right.

I think you're looking at this too negatively. Currently, alliances can set up ranks anyway (which we could argue is a discrimination in itself). But I don't think so, anyways, alliance leaders could set a rank in which you are able to access officer chat. Any rank below that isn't allowed to oversee the conversation, which allows the alliance to get to know new members of the alliance without disclosing private information that they wouldn't feel comfortable sharing with a new recruit.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 21:20
Hi SunStorm,

We think this issue will broadly be solved when we release the ability for players to set up (and administer) their own chat channels.  The plan is for both private chat on a one-off "instant" basis as well as permanent chat channels that have the option for invite-only access and/or password-protected access, and are fully administratable by the channel owner.

So we're unlikely to make a change to the existing system until the new chat options are out there.

Best wishes,

SC

SunStorm View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 21:47
Stormcrow, 

You and your team are awesome!  You had me at "Hi" . . . 
Thank you very much for thinking about ways to enhance gameplay.
"Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side" ~LoTR

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic