Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for new players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SnowStorm View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SnowStorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2012 at 17:55
Yes i have to agree with my true friend Frostone!
The guide was awesome!
And I told you to be patient
And I told you to be fine
And I told you to be balanced
And I told you to be kind
consultrainer View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote consultrainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2012 at 05:18
BENEFIT found -- Highly recommended for noobs. I am glad that all others too helped.
particularly with Books and Resources.

my suggestion: - Workout on Library and Storehouse. rest all follows
;) 
thanks to all.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 00:18
The OP in this thread contains false and derogatory statements regarding me.  Such personal comments against another player are completely inappropriate for posts in this Strategies, Tips & Tricks thread.  At best, comments such as those should be in the old "The Bitter Sea" section which has been closed.  Second best, such comments should be restricted to Politics and Diplomacy.  

The daily spreading of lies and malicious rumors regarding other players under the guise of a "new player guide" is inappropriate and should end.
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 00:32
What, exactly, do you take exception to?  All it says about you is that you wrote most of it.  Is this a joke I'm not getting?
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 00:35
Auro - the 2nd paragraph in particular says I do not play anymore and suggests that I am a plagiarist.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 04:08
The post was accurate at the time of its writing, after you sieged yourself into oblivion in a fit of pique.  The post acknowledges there was some debate at the time about who originated the idea of a new player guide; there was another new player guide written by someone in Toothless? I believe.

Comments in the original post are far from defamatory and in fact are complimentary.  I think Manannan is doing the right thing in giving credit to others for their contributions, even if the others are not particularly grateful.
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 04:37
there was some dispute over who actually wrote it, is different than some debate at the time about who originated the idea of a new player guide. If T_D wrote a guide himself and got the idea elsewhere, which is what the second statement suggests that is one thing. If he took someone's work and submitted it as his own, which is what the first statement suggests that is plagiarism. I suggest the OP be changed if that charge was not intended.
Bonfyr Verboo
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 05:17
Rill - I'm not sure what you're smoking but there is no way that sentence is complimentary.  If the intent is as you claim then it needs to be edited to use better language.

It's also reasonable to expect that the OP is updated to reflect current status especially given the number of times it is linked per day.

If that's not possible then a new thread should be started with up todate info and linked to instead.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 06:07
It seems to me that one would have to think very well of themselves to believe that being called "great" is anything but complimentary.  Nevertheless, it is probably time to move off this discussion before Luna comes and admonishes us further.

Mana has said in the past that he has some difficulty editing the original post, not sure if that has been corrected.  But in any case TD's perspective has now been spelled out in this thread, so people can form their own opinions.  (If they can stop yawning for long enough.)
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 06:29
The current OP was posted by GM Luna on Feb 28, 2012.  

No one can honestly say I was inactive on that date.  LIES!

Neither GM Luna nor Rill were members of the Illy community on May 14, 2011 when Mana originally created this thread.  The last edit I saw from Mana was July 6, 2011 (I might be a couple of days off) and it was laughable in quality.  I understand how Rill would like to see me banned.  I do not understand why Illyriad Games, Ltd. would see that advantageous to their business interest

As to "siege to oblivion" ... I am here, now, is this "oblivion?" [I hope not.]

These lies end now.  

Ban me from Illy or change the OP.

NOW!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic