Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for new players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kernow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 02:05
Starthis is so helpful..i'm completely lost at the moment so reading this has really saved me from chucking it in..thank you very much!!!
Nendellae View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nendellae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 03:34
Don't ever hesitate to ask any questions in Global Chat. I've not been here long myself but everyone is so helpful that you'll feel like an old pro in no time :)

oh, and....Welcome to Illy!
"Those who watch their backs face death from the front."
Dark Elf proverb
Zou View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 03:52
Thanks for the Newbie Guide. The tutorial stops just a tad short for my taste so this is fabulous.

Clap

Kettricken View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kettricken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 01:31
Kewl post, really helpful...will be putting a lot of that into practise, though I have had several players in Global tell me 2 concentrate on lvling up storehouse and resources? Very comprehensive however, and worth following closely going by the comments made!! Thanks guys!!

Kettricken
                                          Big smile
Manannan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manannan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 23:53
*** Authors note ***

The New Player Guide is currently have a complete rewrite due to the amount of information that has been added over the time its been published and its current unstructured state at the moment. If any veteran players can think of anything that needs to be added whilst I'm typing up version two please message me in game only as soon as possible with your suggestions. Do not message me in the forum as I tend to ignore these messages.
Doesn't look good... doesn't look bad either!

"Manananananananananan, so long Sir, and thanks for all the fish." ~ St.Jude
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kurfist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 03:21
I preferred TD's version, which was the first.
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
GrgaCvarak View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrgaCvarak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 09:39
Thanks Man!

Clap
http://youtu.be/lVdTQ3OPtGY
Manannan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manannan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 14:09
New version is now posted. A few problems with quotation marks which make some of the text look funny, but I'm trying to fix that now. May have to open a petition about it as they just don't want to change.... Yes SC more problems from me about the forums! LOL

Regardless... ENJOY Beer

EDIT: Should also give thanks where thanks are due for helping to proof read and spot mistakes before publishing the latest version. In no particular order Shadow, Lorre, ScottFitz, LadyLuvs, Urgorr The Old and Kumomoto... beers are on me! Smile

Thanks also to everyone (there are too many to mention) who contributed suggestions as to what needed adding. Not all were used but they were all helpful all the same.

Edited by Manannan - 11 Jul 2011 at 16:05
Doesn't look good... doesn't look bad either!

"Manananananananananan, so long Sir, and thanks for all the fish." ~ St.Jude
Sandtrail View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandtrail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2011 at 13:05
Thank you for this clear and useful guide. May you always have a beer in the fridge! Beer
Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aneirin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2011 at 00:50
Originally posted by Manannan Manannan wrote:

*** Authors note ***

The New Player Guide ... Do not message me in the forum as I tend to ignore these messages.

The_Dude who was the original author is back Manannan. Perhaps that is another reason why people need not message you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic