Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tips for new players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips for new players
    Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 02:04
This Guide is now a bit out of date, things like the length of new player protection have changed since it was written
st aug View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote st aug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 22:08
Right out the gate all you do is upgrade your warehouse and resources plots This will pay off down the road . Resources are the game life's blood. Doing this you can stand on your own and have everything you need to supply yourself in the future to a point . To get bigger unless you get help by other players it will be a long and hard road . The cost of building higher levels is rough for one player to handle   and will take a long time . Good luck.
Auraya View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auraya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 10:14
I did write a new guide: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/starting-illyriad-an-alternative-newbie-guide_topic4896.html

It aims to provide more flexibility than the others whilst linking the previous guides. If there's anything you guys think could be improved, please let me know. 
Arakamis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arakamis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 09:11
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

Arakamis - you missed the "especially since it is linked to many times per day"

If you post a link to some info - that info should be up to date.
Well, that's a valid point. Thanks KP.
Adnoto View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adnoto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 01:17
The original author is not disputed. The_Dude was the original author and is repeatedly recognised as such.

The line "...there was some dispute over who actually wrote it" is a falsehood. It is a provocative statement, painting The_Dude as a plagiarist.

I am disappointed to see that the post is not simply edited. I see no reason to persistently publicise belittling misinformation.
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 01:47
I would have no problem with guides being updated, or even completely new guides being written.

Writing another guide need not obliterate the original works. It is courteous and good practice to cite others' work, and I see no dishonour in copying someone else's guide wholesale and making a few changes, so long as credit is given, and the originals are accessible (for historic, respectful, personal, or nostalgic reasons).

Failure to update the guides will ultimately lessen their value.
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 23:41
Arakamis - you missed the "especially since it is linked to many times per day"

If you post a link to some info - that info should be up to date.
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Arakamis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arakamis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 20:54
so the old thread stays then.. what's the point in that? someone still can say that it is outdated information.. and what's stopping anyone from starting a new thread anyways?
STAR View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 20:19
Originally posted by Arakamis Arakamis wrote:

so, should we go over the forums and correct all those that were accurate once but not so accurate now?

I think a suggestion was already suggested but just incase you missed it i'll repost it again for you 

Originally posted by STAR STAR wrote:

Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

Rill - I'm not sure what you're smoking but there is no way that sentence is complimentary.  If the intent is as you claim then it needs to be edited to use better language.

It's also reasonable to expect that the OP is updated to reflect current status especially given the number of times it is linked per day.

If that's not possible then
 a new thread should be started with up todate info and linked to instead.

+1

Arakamis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arakamis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 20:09
so, should we go over the forums and correct all those that were accurate once but not so accurate now?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic