Forum LockedThe use of subterfuge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 07:11
Originally posted by Azreil Azreil wrote:

I have said that was my final post. No malice no insult no slander intended. But closure and I hope conciliation. 

Well I would love to know how your alliance supports your racist accusations (or doesn't).

Please let us know, as it will affect our behavior towards your alliance.

Thank you,

H?
Boromir View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 07:20
Sorry to interrupt just for a while, me dear Kumomoto, as I wrote to you in a private post (though maybe indirectly), you have already declared war upon me (and possibly thus upon us), though in an indirect, "harmless (?)" way. The peasants whom I grant technology and protection, I mean, the ones living under my sovereignty, speak of hundreds and thousands of occupants just where they live.
My caravans harvesting next to my towns within the range of my sovereignty have been destroyed in possibly harmless (?) accidents. The mentioned peasants, running in panic to seek shelter in my castles, again speak of some armies of unknown, possibly harmless (?) origin, to have been the cause of those accidents.

Please, tell me, my dear Kumomoto - as the in-game character, because I am at this point writing this as an in-game character, not the player - if being a lord in Illyria facing such acts of undeclared aggression, would you call this agression or not?

====

Now please forgive me this tone, but this is a sort of introduction to how things should be seen from a different perspective as we look at matters from the point of view of the players and the in-game characters. I mean no harm to you, but - again speaking as an in-game character - you constantly keep doing harm to me, which puts the whole idea of your alliance as you call it ("fair in all dealings, harmless (?), spreading kinship etc.") under huge question mark - you are simply not able to face your own rules of honor which you so proudly declare. Again, as I have already written to you in a private message: while you speak of the merits, I put them into existance. While I do not speak of them so proudly, you harm them below underhand acts of undeclared aggression. And may all arcanum Illyria remember this for ages!

====

Again, just to clarify, this is what Boromir, lord of Gondor, says (not me, the player) seeing huge occupant armies all around his towns and looking at the peasants running in panic to seek shelter in the castles...

What I, the player, and also a many-year experienced professional game developer, have to say, I will say after the tournament, as I have already written. There might even be a few days of additional delay, as at first I need to have the preBeta build of ma last game finished.

Kind regards to all of you.
Boromir
Kumomoto View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 07:25
We all look forward to your post tournament feedback, Boromir. You are singularly phenomenal in the NPC arena and your joining Valar early on gave them the tournament.

Any and all feedback you give I would welcome and my admiration for you (as I expressed in an email before you even joined Valar) remains...

Kumo
Azreil View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 07:31
 there was no such accusation. The use of the word may have been an erroneous choice. I am not English by the way so forgive the lapses and missing the fine points of the language....  and please  accept the correction. I dont have any intention of enflaming your rage.  Cool it Kumo.  
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:09
Quote big·ot  (bgt)
n.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

Actually Azreil I do have to kind of agree with you here. Bigot (although it often implies racist) does NOT mean racist in all cases. And the use of the word was most likely justified in the context of free-expression and the presenting of an opinion (whether it be biased or not).

When you wrote:
Originally posted by Azreil Azreil wrote:

"2. We believe we all don't want to be bigots here."

- I read that as "We all don't want to be intolerant of each others' differences (not racial differences but political/alliance differences). -

I agree with this sentiment. This is a tournament and I'm glad to see passions running high, it would be boring otherwise. But I don't like or dislike any member of VALAR any more or less than a random man in the street.

Although I probably DO like VALAR members more than a random person because you share a love of Illyriad with me! \o/

I also respect you moderately more balanced and thought out response than those of a few of your guild members.

Edited by Createure - 04 May 2011 at 10:18
Azreil View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:48
Hi Creature

Thank you for this sympathetic stance.

Yes I meant that kind of "bigot" in that context since it looked to me like both sides were sliding toward hard-lining their positions and my intention was to stop further agitation of the situation.

I actually "consulted" the thesaurus in Word and the "bigot" is synonymous to: extremist, diehard, dogmatic, etc. and "bigotry" is about intolerance, narrow-mindedness, prejudice, bias, etc.

But I was not accusing H? of being so. Exactly as I said it: "We believe we all don't want to be so. "

I just did not want to belabor it. Because as I said it was supposed to be my final post.

This post, hopefully, would finally be it.   :)

Thanks

Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:52
I like what lawn-mower said:
Originally posted by lolly lolly wrote:

we, not surprisingly, differ in opinion

I think this pretty much sums up the debate.

There's no way either side is going to shift positions so we're just going to have to agree to disagree. Then we can all move on and enjoy the rest of the tourny! ^^
lokifeyson View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 13:39
nice, i thought of this tactic as well...from the start...except i told myself that if i was willing to go as far as sending diplo's and vans, i might as well just send the seige...

no town=no army

if anything be thankful that didn't happen Tongue
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 14:20
Wow, exciting proceedings in my absence.

I have nothing to add.

Good hunting one and all.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 14:48
It seems the smell of blood from so many dead critters has aroused the passions of Illy's mighty hunters.  I am sure King Sigurd is pleased that his lords are so passionate about being his Champion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic