Topic ClosedThe story of Aureaus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The story of Aureaus
    Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 09:57

This part is set in future :D The story is not told through my perspective AT ALL. Please remember this.

I walk into a pub, known as the Freedom Pub. The place was crowded, more than usual. I sit down next to this odd looking man, who (by looking at his scars) has seen the fate of battle. I was about to order a drink when he starts mumbling:  

"I doubt you even know why this tavern is called Freedom?" 

I stop ordering. I turn around to see his scarred face. 

"Sir, I believe you are right. I am a traveller here, from the plains of Middle Kingdom. Why on earth would I know this pub?" 

"It should be rightfully known why this town is here, and thriving!" the man banged this hand aggressively on the bench. "How long have you been here?" 

"3 months" I said with a confident voice. 

"3 months? Yet you, let alone the entire town, doesn't even know why the lives of today are luxurious. I will tell you why. Aureaus Bladerunner. He is a man who took destiny into his own hands. More than a trader from Middle Kingdom could do anyday!" This man was obviously drunk. "Bartender, another one" he called. The bartender brings it over and he drinks more than what I could drink in one shot. 

"Fine, tell me the tale of the man called Bladerunner. Amuse me."  I said with a rising smirk. 

"Do you even deserve to know of what this man did? You might if you shout me a drink" the scarred man said with a smile. 

"Bartender! Give this man what he wants!" I give him a small amount of gold. The man drinks it all in one shot. I am amazed.  

"Thank you, friend. Sadly, many of the people never will know the bravery Aureaus went through to see his home flourish. Well, it all started like this..." 

Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 10:09
Good start Aurea! I like the name of the pub - "Freedom". Keep going! :)
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 10:11
I like that. I like that a lot, in fact. Well done!
Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 10:33

I have known Aureaus since birth. He was always the one willing to help another and always wanted to be in charge. Typical of a "hero". I, myself, is not important at all during this story. We went through the good times and the bad times. We went through the tough times. We were impossible to part. We were like brothers. His father was a guard of the Lord of Bladenon, Kildayus. Kildayus was an idol to Aureaus' eyes. Fighting hordes of orcs seemed heroic and he was always pretending he was his general.  

The story starts approx. when he was fifteen years of age... 

Bladenon, village of Keppen. The people were content. The Lord content. I walked across from my house over to Aureaus' place. I knocked on his door. I waited a while and Aureaus appeared at the door.  

"All ready to go?" I said, with a bag hanged across from my body.  

"Sure as hell!" Aureaus said overconfidently. He was the biggest rebel, and usually got into a lot of trouble. He did right things for the wrong reasons. Maybe that's why I was jealous of him. Either way, he was my friend, and the only one I had. We walked out to the park near the Brewery. I took out from a bag a plastic sword. Aureaus sighed. 

"Kaelus, seriously? A plastic sword. Dad would always let me use his steel ones" He was unimpressed.  

"Aureaus. I am sorry, but this was all I could get" I smirked. I knew that he was a simple person, he was kidding. 

"Yeah, fair enough. When we are older, we should become captains of Bladenon!" Aureaus was definitely a high achiever. No doubts there. "I dibs being Kildayus!" He was always Kildayus, his idol, his hero. It was fair enough, he was born into a world where his father believed every word Kildayus said. I was always the faithful soldier. Maybe I should take charge... 

"Aureaus. I am Kildayus" 

"NO!" Aureaus had a short temper. We both looked at the plastic sword. We jumped on each other, or least I thought we did. It so happened Aureaus was faster and had the sword in an instant. It was pointed at my neck.  

"I'm Kildayus" This was the time I couldn't agree more. 

We begun to play, we were fighting Orcs and little did we know it was dark. 

"Got to go mate, I will see you tomorrow" I said. 

"Kaelus, as I will with you. May the rest of your day be graced" He was also brought up religiously, like a noble, but he didn't dress like it, and he defintely didn't have an attitude of one. I walked off into the darkness, ready to go home.  

The town was dark... 

It was silent... 

I didn't know where I was going... 

This was the time I wished Aureaus was beside me...

Edited by Aureaus - 25 Apr 2011 at 23:51
Fateful Ending View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 10:37
Noki, This one's definatly a disciple of yours, 

Congrats Aureaus, fantastic
Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 10:39
I would like to thank everyone for their positive comments. I wanted to see how the community would enjoy this, and since they are, I shall write more of it. Look forward for more appearances, maybe one from Noki, (details being sorted). Once again thank you.
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 10:46
Originally posted by Aureaus Aureaus wrote:

I would like to thank everyone for their positive comments. I wanted to see how the community would enjoy this, and since they are, I shall write more of it. Look forward for more appearances, maybe one from Noki, (details being sorted). Once again thank you.
Ooh, this makes me feel excited. Seriously, Aureaus, you're doing really well. Congratulations.
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 10:47
Originally posted by Fateful Ending Fateful Ending wrote:

Noki, This one's definatly a disciple of yours, 

Congrats Aureaus, fantastic
Oh, I think that it will be the other way round. HE's much better than I am.
Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 11:02

Darkness is an evil that can be eroded with hope.  

These words were a saying of Aureaus. These were the only ones in my mind at the moment. As my heart rate increased, so did the tendency to reenact those words. I ran faster, and faster, and faster. Darkness overcame me. I fell over.  

"Someone's gonna be in trouble" 

Bandits! I have to hide. I ran through the street, hiding in a nearby bush. By the sound of those words, he saw me. Footsteps became stomps as they came closer and closer and closer. 

Finally, a torch came past. I tried to lower my heartbeat, so the bandit wouldn't hear me. Didn't work. The bandit was visible perfectly, the fire glaring into his eyes. Evil. Evil eyes. Dead eyes. His eyes locked onto mine. 

"Nice ransom I can get for this kid" 

He jumped into the bush and I instinctively threw myself out of there. I bolted. The man was fast. The man was fit. I infact, being a fifteen year old, was not as fit as him, let alone strong as him. If he captured me, I was as gone as an Orc's innocence. I turned a corner. If this was in daylight, I would have lost him by now. The bandit took out his club and ran faster. I fell to the ground. I was finished. It was over for my life as a free man. He came closer until he fell over. A person stood above him. The fire showed his eyes.  

It was Aureaus.  

My heart skipped a beat. He really was a hero. He had come for me. The bandit stood up and whacked Aureaus across the face with his club. I couldn't move. My body was frozen from the tension. Aureaus got up and punched the man. He stayed standing. He punched Aureaus and he fell to the ground. He raised his club and I closed my eyes. I quickly got up and ran for my life. 

After that moment, I never saw Aureaus again in my childhood.

Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 12:20

I looked at the scarred man. He had a tear in his eye. A sense of betrayal to the one he called Aureaus.  

"So when do you last see Aureaus?" I noted as I shouted him another drink. 

"Please don’t. Don't waste your money" The man called off the order. His tear graciously went down his face. "The years after that did not matter to me. I  had lost my best friend. He had tried to save me, and I failed to save him. I had no idea where he went. I knew he didn't want to know me. I must be leaving now. Please find Bladenon a good city and take care". The man put on his coat and walked into the night.  I left the bar and ran after him.  

"Please accompany me at the Inn and tell me all about your tales." 

"I am an old man, all I can do is tell tales. Yet, no one I have told has believed me. Why do you trust me? Why aren't you despising me despite my addiction to drink and my behaviour at the bar?" He asked solemnly.  

"Because in a world like this, you have to be a risk taker" 

"You only ask for tales in excitement. I go through suffering yet you find this exciting? That is rude, sir." he snapped. 

"Sir...my life was similar to yours. I also had lost a best friend...I know your pain. I want to know what happened..." 

"I shall tell you here, and only here. Please take a seat" The man dropped to the sidewalk of Bladenon...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic