FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe story of Aureaus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 11:51
The man had stopped talking. His story was over. 
"Run along" Kaelus said. "I have nothing more to say. Everything else from then on wasn't important. Nothing was important then. Bladenon was in turmoil. I bid you goodbye, Trader." Kaelus walked on a limp. I didn't know why I believed him at first, he was an alcoholic and was drunk at the time. He also probably didn't even meet this Aureaus fellow, and I am starting to doubt he didn't exist. It was probably an alter ego of this Kaelus man. Kaelus started to rub his neck. It seemed like an injury. Wait. Wait. If he was right about the stockades, he must be telling the truth. No man would be on the stocks that long to have marks like that. I ran after him. 

"Sir! Sir! Please wait!" I yelled. He seemed to listen to me. He stopped. 
"Please leave me alone" Kaelus said. "My stories are nothing anymore, I have told you all I know. I don't even deserve to have known those stories! I abandoned this man once in his life, yet he helps me. Please, leave me be" 
"Kaelus...Kaelus, why must you talk like that?" A voice was heard. It was Aureaus, he wasn't a drunk tale. "I still respect you for what you tried to do at the Siege. I forgive you what happened that fateful night when we were young" Aureaus extended his hand. Kaelus was right, he did only have one arm. "Kaelus, who is this friend of yours?" 
"Aureaus, I never asked his name. He is a trader from the Middle Kingdom" Kaelus said immediately. 
"What is your name, friend?" Aureaus said. "My name isn't important"
"Every man deserves a chance at fame. You control your own destiny. Tell me your name" 
"My name is Mandorth, Trader of the Middle Kingdom" I said. "Please, tell us your story"
"Gladly, Kaelus and Mandorth, listen in... It started during the Siege....

(I LIED ABOUT THE PERSPECTIVES. THIS SPECIFIC PART WILL BE IN THE EYES OF MY CHARACTER)

Siege of Bladenon, 1016.

After the death of Kildayus, I knew I was in trouble. The Bladenonian Knights would have been after me and I knew that they wouldn't stop until I was dead. I sneaked out of the town and took a horse. Named her Hope, after what I had left. I rode, and rode, and rode. The scenery got boring, and I had to resort to savageness. These moments after I do not want to describe. I will skip ahead to approx. 11 days after my escape from Bladenon. I was found by the Duchy of Keppen, of all people, I was trespassing in his hunting grounds. We got to know each other well, and I was known as a guest around his estate. Everything was fine. One day, however, was the end of it...

"Aureaus! Come on in! Good to see you again" said the Duchy with a fine grin on his face. He gestured his hands telling me to take a seat. 
"As with you, sir" Before I sat, I bowed. "I have a few questions, sir, If you don't mind me asking. That is." 
"Not at all!" 
"Who is King Sigurd. The Lord Kildayus was mentioning his name during a rally? Please elaborate"  I said curiously.
"You do not know who King Sigurd is? He is the one who's wisdom cures the land" said the Duchy, surprised.
"Im sorry, sir, but I'm still not completely sure who this man is. I'm sure he is a top man, but still, his tales have not passed my ears" I said.
"A top man!? His wisdom and leadership has brought Illyriad together. (At least most of it)" He said under his breath.
"Sir-" 
"You are dismissed. Learn your basic knowledge before you come here again" 
"Sir, are you doubting my abilities?!" I retaliated...
"I believe I am.. What are you going to do? Stab me..." he started laughing. 
I left the room...
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 15:57
Aurea, you lost your one arm?

I shall send you some books that I received from Lorre as my newbie gift. The books are full of wisdom about Illyriad and King Sigurd! Great work Aurea! :)
Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 21:23
Originally posted by Aureaus Aureaus wrote:

IKildayus was an idol to Aureaus' eyes. Fighting legions of orcs seemed heroic and he was always pretending he was his general. 

Only problem I have with it all so far, everyone knows orcs don't fight in legions. That would be silly!
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 23:49
I'll edit it to Hordes then :)
Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 10:18
The Duchy later had grown quite tired of my opinion. He had, on multiple occasions, scolded me for the "rumours" i had created of King Sigurd. My assumptions is the only thing I could have based my judgement on. Kildayus had positive feelings about this man, I automatically thought he was in league with this man. Heck, King Sigurd could even be plotting against Bladenon at this very moment. Can't do anything now. The Duchy has taken all my gear on the terms that I would live here. Doubt he would give it back in the current situation. Probably make up some excuse like: "Treachery in the name of King Sigurd". I've got two options I can think of:

1. Murder him and take my weapons, which would probably make me an enemy of the King.
2. Steal his prized horse and make my way to the King.

I decided to do number 2, due to obvious reasons. I walked inside the Duchy of Keppen's Estate and walked inside his chamber.
"Lord, I apologize for the behaviour of which I acted yesterday. I mean no offense to you, or our King. Please forgive me." I tried to sound as sincere as I possibly could. 
"Apology accepted, but due to your ill manners of entering like you just did (he pointed at the door)and from yesterday, I would have to say that you aren't sincerely sorry for what you did. I will give you my respect if you travel to the city of Centrum on a pilgrimage and pay your respects to the King. I will also give you my best travelling guards on the way. IF you so happen to even attempt to hurt the King, Bladenon will be razed to the ground, and Keppen will no longer welcome you! Now, you have a day to pack. Not many people get to go on this once-in-a-lifetime trip, so make it worthwhile! You are dismissed!"
"Yes sir" I can't believe that I have to see the King. The man who Kildayus planned with, who Kildayus respected. Anyone in league with Kildayus was a traitor to me, and the people of Bladenon. I needed to pack, and needed a well deserved rest to catch all my thoughts.

The next day killed me. I needed to wake early, and I needed to meet the Duchy at his stables. I got up, got ready and walked my way across the estate to the stables.
"Lord, I'm here as you requested" I said, honorably. He was surprised to see me, knowing my attitude to the King, I think he thought I would have left.
"Ahem...good to see you, Aureaus. This is your companion for the journey. He came to me one day willing to serve the good King Sigurd. His name is... The Chosen One. He refuses to tell me his real name, but he mentions how he will protect the King at his time of need. Hopefully your trip won't be his calling." He started laughing. "You will be travelling with no weapons. Here is a Keppen horse, finest of the land. The Chosen One knows where to go" He nodded at me with his sword at the ready. "He is also willing to spill blood in honor of the Middle Kingdoms. Now, godspeed gentlemen!" I got on my horse, but Chosen One was quicker. We walked into the distance. 

Travelling with a man who loves the King with no weapons was dangerous for me. He looked like a master swordsman, by the way he was talked about, no point trying to anger him. As the Duchy said: Not afraid to spill my blood. I kept riding with him until it got dark. 
"Time to rest" His voice had no emotion.
"Alright then, do you have any idea where we are?" I said, curiously.
"Of course, I know this region back to front. Say, why do you hate the King so much? He has spread order nearly everywhere?" He seemed trustworthy.
"I hate him because a dictator in my village, Kildayus, was in league with this man.
"Kildayus, the man who slaughtered the hordes of Pax Orcana. He's a hero, a legend. Why would Kildayus be in a simple village. He lives in a castle in Centrum."
"Impossible, I killed him with my own blade!"
Chosen One took out his blade and pointed it at my neck. 
"Say something about him again, and I will be happy to spill blood"
"Sheathe your sword now" I said. I know the way of fighting with my hands. 
He sheathed his sword. He took out a map. He continued to talk like nothing happened.
"Look, we are here" he pointed to a place in Mellia, a forest "and we have to go here" he pointed to a golden city in the heart of Middle Kingdoms called Centrum. 
"So how long do we have to go?"
"Not long, my friend, not long" he said. "Get some shut-eye. We need to get to Centrum as early as possible. You need to see the King"
"I'll see you in the morning, Chosen One"
I put out the fire that was lit and collapsed on the ground.
Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 11:38
Sorry guys, won't be able to do anything today. Will do more tomorrow. I promise :D
Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 11:51
Fire. Destuction. Blazes of fire were everywhere in the town of Bladenon. King Sigurd must have come for his revenge. He wanted me dead, he wanted Kaelus dead. He wanted everyone who I had been in league with, dead. As I walked through the town, bodies were littered, people were crying for help, soldiers were beating up small children and murdering all that opposed them.  I walked throughout the town, Kildayus alongside what I pictured King Sigurd, issuing orders to murder.  They are monsters. Demons from the pit known as Hell. I watched as Kildayus slaughtered his own people. Slaughter everything that stood in his way for victory. For glory. 

Why are these people dying? Weaponless, Experience-less civilians who have never took up arms in their life, being brutally slaughter by these people. These monsters. These demons. A tear came from my eye as I saw a woman pleading for mercy, and these peopl-No, these monsters gave them no mercy.

I took out my blade, and ran out into a opening. King Sigurd laughing from his horse. I sprinted as fast as I could. King Sigurd took no notice of me. I jumped and was about to attack him when I froze in mid air. Everything was frozen. People had looks of fear on their faces. It was scary. King Sigurd looked at me and smiled. No words were needed. King Sigurd was telepathically communicating with me. At least that's what I thought. 

"This fight is not yours, Aureaus." King Sigurd had said. I could not believe what I was hearing. The fight was not mine?!? He was in league with a tyrant, A 'leader' with the capabilities of slaughtering people who he thought was "against" him, but who he thought was, was in fact innocent citizens. He needed to die, he was a monster. He would have burnt the whole town down, and run to his King. 
"Not mine? But he slaughtered my friends, my family! I had to leave Bladenon because of him, and you dare say that this fight is not mine?" I yelled. This man had the right to say this was NOT my fight?
"I am the King of Centrum. You will not defy my orders, Aureaus. I repeat. This is not your fight!" I was angry. Yet I couldn't move. What magic did this mortal man have? To stop time? King Sigurd got off his horse and took out his sword. "This is the end. I bid you farewell" He swung his sword and-

"Holy God!" I woke up, sweating. I couldn't breath. Struggling for air, I went outside the tent I was sleeping in. Thank god for morning air. I noticed that the camp was in ruins. The tents were broken and the-

The Chosen One! Where was he? How was I supposed to complete my journey with him missing? Even though this man was against me with belief, this man also knew the way to Centrum. I need to find him immediately. I walked near the campfire, and noticed blood. Good on ya, Chosen. Managed to kill a few. I looked at the bodies nearby. 

Elves? What would Elves be doing in this area? In Mellia? Wasn't this place supposed to be guarded by King Sigurd. I heard from folk tales that Elves were the last people to be involved in a war. Things were getting weird. Maybe this was a set-up. An assassination perhaps? I do not know. I continued to search until I found a small piece of parchment nearby some rubble. 

Dear who this may concern.

The Chosen One, a man wanted for his crimes within the Valley of the Elves, has been captured on terms of the Elven Lord, Archmedi. The trial will be witin a few days. All that wish to defend this man please arrive with the Elven Village in Mellia Forest as soon as possible. Coordinates are listed below.

Sincerely,
The Elven Council.

The Chosen One was the one thing that was keeping me away from King Sigurd. I needed to find this man, I needed to help him escape from the Elves. At least I knew he was alive. I place the parchment into my pockets, and ransacked all I could find. I found an elven blade and a horse. Perfect. It looks like I will be paying these people a visit. I got on the horse and starting riding into the direction of Mellia Forest.
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 14:52
 Why would Kildayus be in a simple village. He lives in a castle in Centrum."
"Impossible, I killed him with my own blade!"
Ah what a twist! :O 

And elves doing an ambush on the King's men? Some illusionist must be at work! :O
Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 14:55
As I rode to the forest, I had a sense of isolation. I was riding alone, who knows how far from Bladenon, in what seemed like the middle of nowhere. I rode faster in the north. My horse was getting tired. I needed to stop. I hitched my horse near a river. I saw the forest up ahead. If I were to survive tonight, how was I supposed to find out where the village was? I have never visited a Elven area in all my weeks of travelling. I was tempted into the water as well, so both of us was drinking like no tomorrow. As we finished, the clouds were starting to darken. How could that be? It was sunny a moment ago. I took out my sword and examined it. Elven made. Bronze. Half-decent. I swung the sword. This was a light sword. Not really my type. I put it in my case and looked at the sky. What could be doing this? It mus- Wait! A sign! From the elven village. They use magic, I assume. My horse collapsed. I had to leave it behind. I begun to walk. It seemed so far. An illusion, a way to mess my head? No... For Bladenon. For Kaelus. I must continue. I must save this man. The Chosen One. As I reached the outskirts of the forest, I heard a voice:
"Only one with pure intentions may enter the village of the innocent."
Did I have pure intentions? Was my morals pure? I believed so. I needed to meet the King.  I needed to discuss important matters and my intentions were to help a man escape. I walked into the entrance of the forest and noticed the normal wildlife. Birds, insects. It was soothing. Calming. It was the first time during this journey that I felt relaxed. I continued to walk. Where was I going?.. Who cares- No! Gotta remain focused! I blocked out the sounds. I blocked out the calm. I needed my instincts.  The same voice echoed but this time in my head: 
"Only the one who is calm, may enter the village of Truth"
The village of Truth? The village of Innocence? What is this? My intentions are pure. I am calm. I calmed myself. If I am to continue my journey, I must follow all this voice says. 
"You have completed the tests. Now you must follow your instincts to find the village".
I kept walking, the soothing sounds and feelings were distracting me. I blocked out (by closing my eyes) them and remained calm. I kept walking and I felt the ground shaking. I opened my eyes. The entrance to the Elven Village.

I walked in. Elves were looking at me. Staring. Glaring. I felt uncomfortable. I looked at one in the eyes. He turned away. 
"Harsh reception" I said.
"Speak again" said one of the elves. "When have you been permitted to speak?" 
"I need permission to speak?" I said, smart-alec like. He grabbed his sword but I was too fast. I countered by taking his sword. 
"Do not dare try to att-" I was stopped. Nearly everyone who had been watching had drawn out a weapon and was about to attack. I was screwed. A guard hit me across the face. I remember nothing from then.

I regained my senses and realized I couldn't move. 
"Help me!" I yelled. Where was I? Was I still in the village? I saw an elf with an old face. Elder. Must be in the village. 
"Let me out!" I realized by looking at the side. I wasn't the only prisoner. 
"So, Aureaus is it?" The elder said with a sly grin.
"How do you know my name. What do you want with me?"
"How do you know we want something from you, Aureaus?"
"Because, knowing you elves, you would have kicked me out and left me for dead!" I yelled.
"Really, because I think that it would be nice to...test you on some of our...magic" he had an aggressive tone now. I wasn't scared. They wouldn't have the guts to do that magic on me. No way in hell! I looked to the side. The Chosen One! He was knocked out. Third person to the left. Suddenly, I heard a shake in the ground. A elf came in
"Sir, humans at the gate! I don't know how they got in!" The elder looked worried and stared at me. 
"Alright, let's do this" The elder walked out and that's all I saw of him. After a while, I heard a familiar voice.
"Under King Sigurd's act 1783 of Year 1016. All citizens of this kingdom will have to follow the law of the King himself, or the Duchy of Keppen" It was the Duchy. "If you do not comply with the following terms, this village will be liquidated and citizens murdered" 
The population went in a outrage.  The Duchy spoke once more. 
"You have 5 seconds to comply"  If the elves did not comply, these people would be killed. Slaughtered. Like...

I remembered the dream yesterday. King Sigurd had frozen me mid air and said 
"This is not your fight, Aureaus" A bright light awoke me...

What was happening. The hut I was in was on fire. Elves were around me, lying motionless. Death. Death in the village of innocence and truth. I saw the Duchy walk into the hut. 
"Aureaus! I am your saving grace, aren't I, me boy? The Chosen One, my best knight! My mages, please unfreeze them" The mages performed a spell and I was able to move.
"Thank you, good mages. Thank you, good sir" I bowed to the mages and the Duchy respectively. 
"Now, due to my good will, I will personally transport you to the King himself. Please give me that sword (he took the sword off me) but you will be participating in the tournament. There will be many participants. If you lose, you will be returned to Keppen and executed. If you win, you will have a chance at meeting the King himself. Deal? Good. Let's get you to Centrum"
I walked out of the burning Elven village, the bodies of innocents around me.
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 14:57
Oh, darn. Me defeating you has created a deadly twist....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic