FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe story of Aureaus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 12:51

As I said, my life was not worth mentioning at the time. Winter had brewed through Bladenon approx. 4 years after Aureaus disappeared. These 4 years were depressing. I was 19 years of age, and was beginning my training as a guard in Lord Kildayus' army. His father was still in the army, and had shown much dislike to me. Winter was dark this year, much colder. People were getting frostbite and many homes had to be evacuated due to the frost.The hero Kildayus did nothing. People watched from their cold homes, the bright lights that were emitting from the home of Kildayus. If something wasn't done, we would all die.  

I was walking down the cold road in my training armour ready to go to the Villa. People looked at me with such hate. Such despise. People were getting sick of Kildayus, and I knew why. These people were suffering. Starving. I didn't look at them. I continued to walk and I met Kildayus at his Villa.  

"You are late, Kaelus. I can't have my soldiers late when an invasion is happening, can they. Get into formation." He yelled. 

"But sir, the people, they are suffering. They caused my late arrival" 

"At this moment, the people can wait." 

We continued our training formation and did drills. I was a Militiaman and became a commander of a 5 man squad.  

"Kaelus, your first mission is a single man raided one of our outposts. Find out more information. Come back with it. Go pronto." Kildayus was obviously afraid of the situation. One man raiding a Bladenonian outpost. This man must be found. I gathered my soldiers and told them the plan.  They were eager, and overconfident. One even yelling out that it was all a lie and an April fools joke. I didn’t answer. We marched off into the distance. Despite supposed constant survelliance, it was a while away. It took around 25 minutes walking speed.  

"Oh my.." I whispered. 

The outpost was in ruins, bodies everywhere. It was recent as well. 

"Men, be on guard. We want all survivors here" 

I lead the scouting party into the outpost. I was scarred for life what I saw. These men were all killed the exact same way. They were mutilated. I don't know how someone could do this. 

A choking noise came from behind. A soldier of mine was holding his neck.  

"Jaque, what happened?" I took his hands off his neck and a sword mark was left. He instantly dropped to the ground. I was scared. This man was no ordinary bandit. He was skilled. "Stick together" I whispered. I moved forward and heard no response. "Guys, next time res-" 

No one there. 

No one at all.  

I was half expecting an April Fools, but that was gone when I saw the man standing a metre in front of me. He was hooded, wielding two massive blades. 

"Kaelus, good to see you" 

"How do you know my name, and where is my allies?" 

"They are dead. Useless. Didn't put up a fight. I know what has been happening in Bladenon. Suffering, resentment. They are on the edge of dying. I am trying to get the attention of Kildayus." 

"Who are you?" I asked. 

"Aureaus" the man said. My mind gave me many questions, and I couldn't move. 

"Aureaus... I'm going to die, aren't I. For abandoning you..." 

"It seems like it, but.. if you were to help me take down Kildayus...we could become friends" he added with a smirk. "I know I can trust you, you can see the suffering of Bladenon, which will eventually become its fall. Help me...Help me bring prosperity" He held out his hand. 

I grabbed his wrist and he grabbed mine. 

"Brothers" we both said.

shadow View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 15:02
 You sir are an amazing writer. Excellent work!!!
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 15:54
great stuff!
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 16:01
Keep the great story going mate! Aureaus is intimidating!
Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 16:22

This was my time of redemption. Redemption can often mean the purity of one. This is my time to shine. I will bring hope and prosperity to the people of Bladenon. I will bring these people redemption. I will bring myself redemption.  

This was the only thing in my head whilst I was walking back to the Keppen village of Bladenon. Alongside my friend who was lost for 4 years. With my blade in my hand, and my heart soaring. I knew nothing could stop me.  

Yet panic struck me... 

How was Aureaus going to do this? How was he going to topple Kildayus, a masterful knight? Let alone the knights of Bladenon. 

"Are you serious about this, Aureaus?" 

"I am as serious as an Orc hunting for dwarves" 

We continued to walk. The sun was setting...Perfect. Kildayus was bound to be less alert at this time... 

"Aureaus, will we be able to topple Kildayus, a man of over 40 years of war experience, with just two 19 year olds?" 

"No..." This man was a born leader "We have to enlist the help of the people. If he slaughters us, what does he have left?" 

"True, Aureaus." This man had wisdom, courage and was chivalrous, yet wasn't afraid to spill the blood of his own townsmen. 

We reached the outskirts of the town.  

"Aureaus, you cant just enter here. You need a disguise. Wait here"  Aureaus followed my instructions and I came back with a caravan.  

"How did you get that?" 

"Never mind. Just get in" Aureaus jumped in and made no noise. As I appeared at the front gates, a man stopped me.  He was a tall man, holding a book on one hand, and a glowing staff in another. 

"I wouldn't go inside Bladenon if I were you..." said the man.  He was fiddling with his staff.  

"Why not?" I said with a calm, confident voice. 

"It's filled with guards, not even a wizard can get in there without a 'check'. Its crazy, the Lord is paranoid" he noted. 

"Say, friend, what is your name?" I said with a demanding voice. 

"I am Sir Anderrent, but to friends, such as yourself, you may call me your Majesty" he gave us an exaggrated bow. Aureaus stormed out of the caravan.  

"Anderrent, don't mess with me, mate!" He took his swords out barely. Anderrent with his magic forced them in.  

"Fine you can call me Ander (he gave a smirk) but mate, you will not be able to kill Kildayus from the inside that easily. His guard population has tripled over the last month. Because...of....YOU." he put emphasis on the end.  

"Look, I will help you if you help me..."   

Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011 at 17:18

Ander, Aureaus and I had planned a way to kill Kildayus. Seemed impossible, but Aureaus told me this once more 

"Darkness is an evil that can be eroded with hope" 

This 'hope' was in fact the strength of the people of Bladenon, relying on us to make the final strike into the heart of darkness itself. To free the suffering ones from the darkness. This is the time to show what we got, and we'll die trying. Ander was a mastermind. He knew how the people worked. You give them hope, they will come through. Illyriad is about to be shocked by what is going to happen on this day. This will be our destiny! 

"In order to completely free the people we need to give them a sign of hope" Aureaus said wisely. We were sitting outside of the park near the brewery. No guard was around.  

"I've got the perfect idea, but its risky" Ander said, stroking his beard.  

"Do tell" I said. I was leaning forward, in interest of what Ander had to say. 

"We strike at the time of curfew. As they go to their homes, they will see an attack on the villa. Things will go as planned. I will seal off the villa with my fire ring, due to guards being out on curfew, you guys will be in and Kildayus will not be able to get out. Good plan huh?" Ander said. 

"Ingenious" Aureaus said. "Shall we play the waiting game?"  

As we were waiting, our weapons were sharpened, our armour polished and we got some training done. Aureaus and I began to duel. He took out two blades.  

"No fair" I yelled. He was looking at me unimpressed. 

"You were trained under Kildayus himself. You should be a professional at dueling." We laughed. 

Even in times of darkness, the small things matter. 

We began to fight, and after a while, curfew started. The time for redemption has begun... 

Ander stayed behind and waiting for the signal... 

Aureaus and I sneaked past the guard sentries.  

"Did you hear about what happened to the outpost? Kildayus has got the whole villa locked down just in case" the guards said. 

That wasn’t a good sign... 

We snuck through the window and shot a small bit of fire in the air (I knew minimal magic from Ander) and he got the signal. Ander pointed his staff in the air and out came fire, it surrounded the villa and the soldiers were in dismay. Aureaus ran into the foyer and ran up the stairs. He turned and ran into Kildayus' chamber and saw his father standing there. I followed him. 

"Aureaus" his father said 

"Father... why would you do this? Why would you protect this man?" 

"Why else? To protect the people" 

"The people, Father? They are suffering and dying!"  

My father slowly took out his blade and pointed it at my neck. 

I instinctively took out mine.  

"Kaelus, you have been a good friend. Dismissed." Aureaus said. 

"No, please! I must help you fight!" I said in dismay. 

"This is my battle, leave!" I turned around, and got out of the villa, unharmed.  Ander was standing there. 

"What's going to happen? If he doesn't come out soon, I'm going to have to blow the villa. The fire ring has a limited time, and when it runs out, Bladenon is history". I stood there, dumbstruck. We waited. The guards were running around, in absolute chaos. The time had come, Ander was ending it. He pointed his staff at the villa, and a massive meteor of fire sprayed out and hit the building... 

Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 05:40
Wow my name in Aureaus' story! I'm honoured! :)

Fire and chaos everywhere! Will Aureaus come out unharmed? This will be the first thing I'd check after coming home in the evening! :)
Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 09:26

I stood there, astounded. Ander didn't even give remorse. He blew the place apart. I knew neither Aureaus, his father or even Kildayus could have made it out alive. The townspeople had won the day, Aureaus had won the day, Bladenon had freedom. People were running around, cheering at the sight of Kildayus' Villa being crushed to the ground. The fire suddenly began to disappear... 

A man appeared out of the rubble, holding a blade... 

Aureaus had survived!.. On closer inspection... 

Kildayus. Kildayus had survived!  

"You think I can be killed that easily", and he held out Aureaus' sword. I was shocked, the hero was gone, for good. He climbed down the rubble, and said in a loud voice. "I, Lord Kildayus, forbids anyone to exit the city. Anyone found outside the borders will be executed publicly. The following people will be sent to the death row..." 

"Kaelus Maelstrom, The Wanderer Anderrent. That is all." 

The guards seized us. We were roughly taken along in stocks, being ridiculed by the guards and being eyed by the public. I saw the compassion that wanted to show, but in a town with Kildayus in charge, he'd want a reason to slaughter anyone. 

In the town center, we were placed on a raised platform in stocks. The stocks were made out of Centrum metal, finest in all of Illyriad. No magic could penetrate it, only the magic book of Keppen could have the knowledge to destroy the stocks, and Kildayus had that locked up more tighter than a goblins vault. Hours became days. Anderrent was suffering more so than I. I had brought him into this, and I was the one to get him out... 

Kildayus seized the towns resources and used them at his own benefit...  

Time passed... 

Kildayus looked worried... 

We learnt the reason from collected gossip around the stocks... Dark Blight was coming for Kildayus, they wanted Bladenon destroyed... 

I thought of that has a good thing, without Kildayus in this world, but the horde of the Dark Blight was strong, they were to eradicate us... 

Siege of Bladenon, 1016... 

The armies of Dark Blight were stationed outside of the town... Kildayus, and his army of peasants, stood fearlessly at the army that overpowered them by ten fold. The peasants were obviously scared. These Dark Blight soldiers were trained.  

On my side of the story, I was still in stocks. As was Ander. We were dying... 

Kildayus was standing outside of his monument of him, giving a last speech. 

"Bladenon will not fall, Bladenon will not falter. Under my leadership, It shall prosper, and perish will the other towns become. Dark Blight is a pushover, our soldiers will win the fight! We will be victorious!!!" The peasants were hyped.. They were ready to charge. Kildayus, from what I saw, stayed behind and gave advice. The peasants were brutally killed and slaughtered. Dark Blight soldiers began to laugh! They pitied our defense.  

"We shall never give in" Kildayus said as the elite of the Bladenonian Knights charged at the horde. "We shall prosper... For King Sigurd!"  

King Sigurd? Who was this man? I questioned myself. If Kildayus was advertising this man, was King Sigurd as evil as him? 

"He shall send the army of Centrum to help! We shall not falter" 

He screamed out his speech. 

"I can't be killed that easily..."  

Aureaus appeared out of nowhere and swung his sword at Kildayus' neck. 

Kildayus was a goner as his head was decapitated. Aureaus picked up Kildayus' head by the crown. I had realised one arm of his was missing.   Aureaus went onto the battlefield and with his commanding voice yelled: 

"STOP! Lords of Dark Blight, the man which had caused you trouble is dead!" Aureaus threw the head of Kildayus to the horde. "Be gone at once, my fellow man!" 

The horde marched away, keeping the memento...

Aureaus View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 09:52
NOTE: I got permission to use Dark Blight from Belthazor. Any problems just ask me.

Aureaus
Nokigon View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Historian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 09:57
Dark Blight are the heros once more!
Good job, mate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic