Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 13:26
Hey Yumeshi where's the next diary instalment.  We are all waiting here Tongue
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 00:36

May 18th, 2011

Where did I stop writing the last time? Oh yeah… when the hall illuminated. I was there, kneeled on the floor and looking for an unknown voice with my eyes, uselessly, when a strong light made me close my eyes shut for a second, damn my heart almost skipped from my chest with that. Once I could opened my eyes again… well, once I could see again, the first thing I saw was Maat stood up at my side, watching me with a jokingly smile; looks like she was having fun with my reactions when I was blind.

I ignored her and place my sight at my front, once my sight was recovered from the light shock. A big fireball, just like a sun, was illuminating the whole place from the ceiling limits, it had a blue color and didn’t let any smoke out, I don’t think I know that spell; Statues from people I didn’t know were erected along the place, some holding weapons with a proud and aggressive attitude and others reading books with a serene and intellectual aura on them. – The heroes from forgotten times labeled as renegades because the use of black magic – The voice came from my front, this time I could locate it without difficult; Am I that helpless without light?

A man covered with a face covered in a thick beard was sitting on a wooden throne, decorated in detail. A table was covering his lower body part; call that a strange setting, a table just in front of a throne; but with the little I could see, I already knew that man was someone important. His clothes weren’t luxurious as a noble, but they were clean and had a proper care on them; his skin was dark and rough, like any other farmer, but still couldn’t imagine him as a mere worker, he had the look of someone that wouldn’t doubt to kill; for a second that thought made me shiver slightly, maybe I can feel these things because of my magic sensibility; maybe I can feel more things than magic.

So you, a civilian without a proper preparation, penetrate Maat’s shield effortless and killed a professional hired mercenary – He was looking at me sharply, I could almost feel his stare reaching my soul – I see… well you messed up Maat’s mission a little, but I guess it wasn’t your intention – He stayed silent for a moment, letting me answer him. I just could swallow up and deny with my head like a kid being scolded – Very well, can I know your name young one? – I answered him; my voice was stronger than I pretended too, why was I feeling so pressured about this? – Yumeshi, that’s an odd name. Well I will present myself, my name is Lorre and I’m a magister lectum, i doubt you are familiar with wizards Rank so i will explain them later, meanwhile…

He stood up from the throne and disappeared for a second behind the table. Did he fell from there? I looked at Maat worried but she just looks at me back wondering why I was worrying. When I looked back to the throne, Lorre appeared walking from the side of the table, he was… damn he was half my height at max. I couldn’t hide my surprise and Lorre noticed it, he was a little surprised too – Don’t tell me… this is the first time you see a dwarf? Oh boy, you should go out more often.

After that he just told me to go back and rest, tomorrow he would teach me a few things about the organization that he and Maat were members of; I wasn’t particularly tired but just thinking when I will have another peaceful night… damn now I got sleepy…

Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 03:24
I have asked this ever since the day in global where you started writing diary entries in your profile, then moved it on to the forums "when am I going to appear?!
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 22:55
[damn the post deleted.. as i was writing, im sorry to be so late, but i was too lazy with writer's block ^^'... well i will be retaking the writing, but more randomly; maybe a day i write a lot or another i stop writing a few days or weeks, depend of my mood... for anyone waiting for this, please comment :) ]

May 19th, 2011

Looks like today i didnt sleep a lot; i guess i slept enough the last days, maybe even more than i needed... ha... it really has been an awfully busy time since i got into this world, i wonder how my elvish friends are doing back there; the old man must be completely absorved into reading those manuscripts and Eres would be watching over him and playing with the village childrens. When i thought about it, i remembered the book Eres gave me, she told me it was a way to comunicate with each other even at long distances.

I stood up with a sudden motivation and looked through my belongings. Most of the books were burned a little from the city fire, but the ones here were just burnt a little, Maat probably trashed the ones that couldnt be read anymore, not even magic can recover a writen book... right? damn i dont even know what magic can do, if i think about it theorically it can do whatever i think, but when i try it... well nevermind, first come first.

After a while looking for the book, i found it just at the bottom, the things you look for are always the last ones, eh? it was a little burnt, but nothing serious, i could still read it without problems, is not like the book is gonna complain anyway... or so i thought. When i opened the book, a strange glowing came from it, i recognize the magic's "feeling" - Red magic - i muttered to myself, after that, the book was just too brighting for me to keep looking, so i let it out and closed my eyes strongly, a few seconds later the light faded, but something more "unbereable" appeared.

damn... you know that hurt? and where is this? ey, you hearing me? - The voice made me open my eyes and look around the room, but i didnt find anything special, just when i was going to give up, i heard the voice again, followed by a pain in my leg -damn you, dont ignore me...- I looked down to my leg and found a little boy... no, it was too small for a human, he was like a doll with fly wings, ouch! and he was biting my leg. i shaked my leg on the air and managed to make him let go of my leg, then shout to him between angry and surprised - Just what are you doing? who are you and why are you biting people's leg?? - He was on the floor, standing up slowly while cleaning his clothes with a theatrical gesture.

Didnt Ares-ine told you about me? just who are you to her? - Ine? that was the elvish way to adress a brother or sister, but i dont think this little guy is her real brother, maybe just a familiar way to call her... that must mean they are close. I looked at her closely, he had the exact size of a doll, but was completely green and was dressed with leather, or i think it was leather, when i tried to touch it he hit my hand away, looks like we started in bad terms... He wasnt speaking, just looking at me expecting something, so i just started talking to him - well... little guy... i dont know about you, Eres just told me the book was a way to communicate with her... just who or what are you?

[this is part 1, so u can read something xD, im writing the next one...]

Edited by Yumeshi - 03 Jul 2011 at 06:57
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 00:20
He is a wooden fairy, i wonder how did one of those "bugs" arrived here - The voice came from behind me, Maat was leaning on the door, watching us on silence, just how much time was she there? i cant sense her at all...she had the hair loose and a bit messy, looks like she just awoke, then why was she here so soon? my atention was caught again by the little guy, that coughed loudly, it was kind of funny...

As your... friend(?) said, im a forest fairy, the great Ariel, master of every magic known, lord of every fairy and now, your one and only sir - well... is what he said honestly... just imagine a doll saying u that, then u would understand me... Maat was hiding a laugh and Ariel was prodly crossing his arms. nevermind that... i explained him what happened, how i got this book and the important things that happened so far, even the thing about the dragon's powers. He looked like he was listening carefully, but his expression didnt show any feeling, just a bit of surprise when talking about me and Eres time. - so Eres-ine entrust me to you... damn then i guess i will help you, but i dont like you - He.. the feeling was mutual.

Ariel started bating his wings, they looked fragile, but surprisingly lifted his body on the air rather fast. He just asked for water and kept quiet, without giving any explanation; i looked at Maat without knowing what to do and she just sighed and left the room. When she came back, she was holding a water of glass on her hand, that gave to me. I offered the glass to Ariel, but he didnt accept it... well he couldnt accept it... Ariel just moved his hand up and the water left the glass with a hypnotical harmony on its movements. The water was levitating on the air and, little by little, took the form of a circle that remind me of the elvish mirrors. Ariel was muttering to himself, and then the water circle glow with a soft light. I was watching closely the circle, inside of it, an image was appearing; it remind me of Erestor study... wait, it WAS Erestor study, but there is noone there... what kind of magic is this? After a while looking at that picture like a fool, a rushed little girl run to the fron of it. It was Eres.

Damn it, Ariel, dont set the "alarm" so loud, u are gonna awake the whole village - those were her first words, sigh she didnt change at all, that motherly feeling stained with child pouts fitted her so good. - Well, if i dont set it so loud u wouldnt never hear it, u should check your hearing, Eres-ine. nevermind that, i have someone that wanted to talk with you, i guess that i appeared in nowhere with this.... boy.... is your thing, right? - The way he directed me somehow pissed me off... i guess this is what you would call a natural dislike. Eres setted her eyes on me and smiled widely. - Ey yume, been a long time, eh? are you doing well are you eating properly? you didnt got into problems, right? why did u took so much time to contact me...? - And those are just a part of the collection of question she asked me... our conversarion went smoothly and without any important thing to say about it, she just told me the news on the village, everything was quiet and peacefull; i didnt told her about my fight and the fire, didnt want to worry her... maybe i was too selfish...

After a few minutes, almost an hour talking, she said goodbye with a smile and the water started to shake, falling to the ground with a loud splash. -damn.. she talks to much.. i almost drained out my energy completely... - Ariel was still flying or, more correct to say, levitating on the air, while panting loudly, was it so hard to mantain that magic? well first i should understand how the hell it worked like... maybe i will ask him when he recovered. I grabbed him from the back of his shirt, looks like he was so tired that didnt even argue about it, and then drop him on the bed.

That was a high level communication spell... u got there another strong "pet" - looks like she knew about it, i asked her about it but just told me it was a spell where the magician used the water as a catalyst and the "magic winds" to recover far away image and sounds, but normally it would take more time and the distance should be shorter. - Anyway, is still noon, so get dress and lets get out, we need to do some work - The more i payed atention to her way of speaking, the more i think there is something strange about her... maybe i should ask Lorre later... but well, i just followed her to "start" with the day.

[and this is part 2, as u can see the day didnt finish, just started, so from now on, instead of writing a full day with every post, i will be writting portion of them, maybe even more than one day. Hope u liked it, and please comment ;) ]
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 06:55
we walked through the strange village streets, i already walked them, but is like a laberynth, i just cant come up with a map in my head, i tried using my "white flaming horns" but remembering how tired i was after using dragon energy... i guess i will just follow Maat... She was really quiet all the travel, just whats wrong with her? does she hate me or something? well... now that i think about it i messed up her mission and attacked her, so she actually has a reason to hate me... damn i guess i got carried away back then, will remember to ask someone before attacking him, if he doesnt try to kill me of course...

After a few minutes walking, we started leaving the village behind. Even from outside it looked like strangely shaped, id they wanted to divert the thiefs attention, bad plan... But that wasnt the important thing right now, we were leaving the village more and more and Maat didnt even told me a thing. I guess i got too impatience, so i grabbed her shoulder to stop her, another big mistake... he grabbed my hand faster than a thunder and throwed me into the air like a stone, I was stopped by a tree with a loud hit and landed on its roots.

Damn!! what was that for you crazy woman!? - He... thats what i said back then without thinking, not really the best insult i came up with in my life. She told to never ever again touch her from behind, she said something like she couldnt read or feel my aura, i didnt dare to asked her what she meant with that. She just sat there and started looking at me with a hard expression - well, i guess we are far away, Lorre told me to show you the basics of your powers, so we need some... safe space - that surprised me, at least she could have said it before bringing me there, maybe i didnt want to do it... then i looked around, it was a plain with a few trees and a few rocks here and there, nothing important to mention; damn, just 4 trees and i ended crashing on one... what a good aim...

I stood up from the floor, strangely the hit didnt hurt me, even though the hit on the tree made a crack on it - You overused your dragon energy, so now is producing more than normal, dont be surprised for that little thing - is what she said, but i didnt understand at first, not until she explained it to me with a basic example - sigh... stupid kid. Look, when you do exercise, you use your muscles more than you use to, so they end "dead", without energy. When you rest, your body send you more energy to the muscles than before, to "revive" them, by doing this, the training help you "evolve" your muscles, making them bigger, stronger or more durable; the same goes with magic energy and dragon energy... you didnt understood a word right? - I just could negate with my head. - ...MORE MAGIC USED, MORE MAGIC YOU CAN USE LATER!! - well that was a lot simpler...

She sighed loudly and stood up - Well, now that i explained what we are gonna do, lets get started; but no dragon magic yet, just some basic one, do you know any spells? - I remembered the knowledge i got from the elder, mainly healing magic but i learnt a little about red magic too, i setted my sight to a nearly stone and made it levitate with my hand. I looked at Maat with expectation, but she just massaged her head slowly - damn lorre... im sure he knew you were going to be a hard case... look. - She pointed her hand to a nearly tree, about 2 meters tall, and lift it from the floor with a fast movement, ripping it from its trees, then the fire was covered on fire and it combusted with incredible speed, finally all the remains was compressed on a point, producing a small black ball... coal, just how did she?

I used levitation, combustion and concentration, and you are proud from lifting a small stone? im gonna teach you a few things but will have to pay atention - I nodded energetically with a surprised expression, damn she could kill me with easy if she tried it.

She continued teaching me the rest of the day, about the different ways to use magic for, i will write some of the ways i found more interesting: "to control the wind, you just need to create drafts using the temperature difference, hot air and cold air would create wind when used correctly, but mastering it would take time." "to effectively control the earth without consuming too much magic, you should imagine your energy as a thread and insert it on the floor, then branch it multiple times, turning it into a "magic root" the more extended, the more earth you can use" "You know how to burn things, thats something basic, but how about cooling the down? if you want to, you just need to completely stop your target movements, even the ones you cant see with your eye" and my favourite "did you ever saw a thunder before? is a powerful thing indeed, but too fast to collect it; still, there are small portions of them in everything, if you can control them, you may use them to attack or use "concentration" a movement power stronger than levitation, just dont ask me how does it works..."

That was strange, all those explanations about magic were so... scientific, the only thing i cant explain with my own word is about this energy thing, the ability to imbue anything with it and control it, i wonder what would say anyone of my "old world" if they try to investigate it... he... and i thought i already knew this world a little better, i guess i didnt even start. After a tiring day i went to sleep to my little room, Ariel was sleeping AND snoring on my bed, i just grabbed him and layed him on the floor, then throwed myself to the bed... again this tireness, not muscular but like i spent a week without sleeping... now that i think about it, what happened to Seara? been a long time since i saw her... well i will call her tomorrow... good night...
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 12:42
Pretty good
Celebcalen View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 00:23
I like stories about magic
Clavius Vile View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 18:29
Bravo
[18:24]<Johnny112> books are an advance resource. They're similar to, but not the same as books
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 23:08
May 20th, 2011

Damn... i already talked you about the headache the use of magic usually provoque, right? well, this is by far the strongest one i had since i arrived to Illyriad. When i could finally opened my eyes and see something clear, my first image were two pair of curious eyes looking at me without even blinking. As a instinctive move i sat on the bed, almost standing on top of it, and faced my two vigilants. One was Ariel and the other was... Seara, that was a surprise, he's been really quiet all these days. Before i could even start to talk to Seara, Ariel interrupted me. - Ey, who is the little guy? he popped out of your chest suddenly and didnt said a word, just stayed there looking at you.

I got closer to Seara and patted his head softly, he just lowered his head and closed his eyes, letting me do it without any objections - He is Seara, he is... well im not really sure, he was born from pure magic, but act like any other animal... - Ariel face showed a bit of surprise, but it was soon replaced by innocent interest, he started flying and stared at him face to face. - Well, he really stingk of magic, but i thought it was some kind of enchantment... born from magic, sounds interesting, old legends comes back to my memory... but not today, im not in the mood of a storyteller - the more i know him, the more im sure i dont like him...

Maat arrived a few minutes later, leaning on the doorframe, looking at me and nowhere at the same time as usual; i know i said it once, but i have to ask Lorre about her, although i doubt he will say anything and... well i dont think Maat and i are close enough to talk about that. I got dressed in a moment and made Seara to came back to my body, the more times it happened, the more i was getting used to it, is kind of scary how humans can get accostumed to almost everything...

We walked through the city, not stopping for a moment or even talking with each other; if i dont start a conversation, she wont even open the mouth. This time we were going to another direction, deeper to the center of the city; I asked her about the training, but she just said that today we had to meet Lorre. I hate this city, the terrain is always so hard to walk on and the scenary is making me too irritable... or is there something more? i stopped thinking about it as i saw Maat entering on a building. it was a little bigger than the others, but the same rectangular shape. I entered the building and followed Maat upstairs.

The interior was plain like the others, but it was more comforting and, more important, why were we going upstair? shouldnt we using the underground tunnels? I was about to stop her to ask about it, but we arrived to a room on the first floor; Lorre was there with a stack of papers, it remind me of the old man Erestor. I shaked my head, trying to forget about my comfy past with the elves, and set my eyes on the present. He lift his head to look at us, and then made a signal to let us pass. - Im sure you have a lot of questions right now, young one, but i would like to ask you a favour first. There is a... "problem" staying close to the city and we would like for it to dissapear - I opened my eyes with surprise, was he suggesting me to destroy whatever he was having problems with? Was he going to use me as a lackey, the one doing the dirty jobs?

It looks like Lorre understood my frustration and confussion, because he reacted to it like a bad but funny joke, am i really that easy to read...? He laughed at it softly and then just shaked his hand - no, no, no, dont misunderstand me Yumeshi, i just want you two to see whatever is wandering close to the city; if its a person talk with him, if its an animal scare him and drive him away. I just don't like anything close to my "base". - I calmed down a little, first of all, why i was thinking like that? it wasnt like me at all... just whats going on here? I accepted Lorre's petition, but asked him answers in exchange. He nodded with a slight smile and we took our leaving, it was rather fast...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic