Topic ClosedYumeshi's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 03:29

May 7th, 2011

I awoke almost jumping out of my bed; don’t know why but something told me that today was a bad day to be here. I tried to take out those thoughts out of my head at first, but later I just forgot it; maybe I just had a bad dream. At one side of the room, over the chest where I stored my thing into, Seara was sleeping. It’s been a few days since I saw him, but looks like he’s been growing all right. Wait a second, did I say growing? He looks bigger than before and his wings, horns and tails are more developed, just how did he grow up so much in a few days? Just how did he just grow up? He eats, sleeps, grew up; the more I know about him, the more normal creature it looks to me.

I ate a modest breakfast at the inn and headed outside. It was still really soon, I woke up too early, so the sun was still rising from the horizon. It didn’t really bother me to be up so soon, in fact I was glad; that way I would be able to enter the library sooner, the duke didn’t say anything about a schedule to it, so I could anytime I wish. When I arrived to the duchy territories, the usual guards stopped me, but this time I showed them the key that the duke gave me as a reward; on the key there was the duke emblem sculpted on it. Is the first time I saw him showing respect at me, so it was kind of funny; he guided me to the library and said goodbye with a small reverence.

The library’s door was at least two times my height, made from oak wood and decorated with different golden reliefs; I recognized some of them, for example the ancient dragon hero, looks like it isn’t just an elven tale. I opened the door with the key and start pushing, at first I thought it would be really heavy to move it an inch, but just when I pushed a little, the doors opened without resistance. When I took a better look, there were rails under the doors and each of them had a wheel that fit on them; and yet there was a trace of magic on them, do these people mix magic and technology?

Once inside, the darkness covered the whole building, looks like no light enter from the outside; is a restrict area, so I guess is just natural. I didn’t know what to do at first; i thought about creating a fireball, but the air was too dry and maybe the fire would burn some books, I shouted some random words like “light” or “turn on” but obviously nothing happened, I tried walking on the darkness, but I would bump with something from time to time. Just when I was about to use the dragon white flame horns (I should think about a name shorter for them), I heard someone ordering me to shut up with an irritated voice, coming from far on my right.

He then pronounced the words “illuminatio, section A1-A5” and a row of flames light on the ceiling at my right; they were inside a sphere so they wouldn’t burn the books, but didn’t have oxygen either so how do they keep burning? The lights stopped on a wooden desk at the end of a corridor, next to countless bookcases; an old man with a bad mood expression on his face. I stayed quiet at first, without knowing what to say, but the old man awoke me with another shout, asking me to get closer to him. I obeyed him; something told me it wasn’t wise to make him any angrier. Once at the front of the desk, the elder looked at me firmly and asked me about the reason of my visit; just a few people visited this library in the last years.

I doubt at first, but his impatience expression was forcing me to answer him. I told him that I was looking for black magic books and information relative to magic storing, egg-shaped containers and humans with a big capacity; it almost surprised me the honest I was being with him. Once he heard my petition, the old man kept quiet a few seconds, staring at me with analyzing eyes and then warned me that the black magic research, or extracting magic, was a taboo topic between proper wizards. I gulped down at his strict words and nodded slowly, I already knew it wasn’t an art commonly practiced, but still need to know about it. He scratched his beard pensive, while looking at nowhere a few seconds that looked like hours to me. Finally he stood up from his chair and told me to follow him.

We walked between the bookcases in a narrow corridor; each time the old man spoke, new lights were turned on and another were turned off, just like if the light were following him. We arrived at a dead end, but the old man continued and said a few more words, making the bricks from the wall to separate slowly, giving place to a hole on the wall, big enough for a person to go in. Once inside, the walls were older and the ceiling lower, it looks like it was built underground. After a few minutes walking through an underground passage that almost looked like a maze, we arrived at a new hall, smaller, filled with books.

This, according to the old man, was the forbidden books section; normally no one could enter here, but I was the first visitor in a long time so he made an exception; looks like inside he is a good man. He left me there, after indicating me the books that I was looking for; there was a lot of them, I would be lucky if I can find something today.

I spent the day like that; reading through dark books with ominous tittle pages, were the writers of these books such fanatics of sinister looking? Through all the books I could read (most of them were in language I couldn’t read) I found some interesting things. First, the black magic was one of the first that were created, and at that moment it was called “extracting magic” but just powerful arch mages could control it, even then just a part of it. It was because of the sacrifices that the magic control was potentiated, stealing the energy forcefully from living things. It didn’t say anything about the origin of both, not even a name.

But it was a book without a cover that called my attention, maybe because it was the most common and old that the others books, but I prefer to recall it as the act of the destiny. Once I opened the book, the first page showed me a lot of strange looking runes that were familiar to me and, in the center of them, a symbol with the shape of an egg, a vertical egg with a vertical pupil. I touched my forehead instinctively as I saw the image; could it be the same one? Once I touched it, the eye suddenly opened, and the runes that I couldn’t read until now where perfectly readable. It said this:

From the third eye, the magic originated

Pure magic, but it was split

Twelve fragments keep them now

Three guardians protect the fragments

Red, blue and black.

I read those words again and again, but I can’t think about any meaning on them, the third eye created the magic? Just what exactly means that? Just when I was about to keep reading, a strong noise reached my ears coming from the city. I was kilometers away; just what happened that would be loud enough to reach here? I hurry to exit the room and went back to the entrance. Looks like I wasn’t the only one that heard it, the old man was up from his chair and his look denoted preoccupation. I gave him my gratitude and headed to the exit running. It was already night, the sky was black but the stars couldn’t be seen; red tones stained the horizon, where the village was located. Something bad was happening there, I think I could hear the screams of people; I don’t know why, but I headed there. Was the reason a noble one, like saving people or just my own curiosity? Either way, I will take a few hours to arrive there, so I’m writing this on the way.

Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 03:42
It's good

/me wonders when he and his merry band of warriors will enter the diary
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 13:52
interesting story
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 03:36

8th May, 2011

I didn’t sleep today; I wouldn’t have been able to do it. The fire on the horizon and the screams that I could hear from the city kept me awoken. Even though, the roads were completely quiet, not just humans, but animals around here completely disappeared, like if they were running away; just what was going on? The closer I got to the city, the louder the screams were and the hotter it was; if I had to describe the hell, I surely would describe the city on that moment. It was after a few hours when I arrived to the city, the smell of burnt meat was over the entire place but, oddly enough, the screams were fewer; a lot of them were silenced.

I came here probably because of my curiosity, but I don’t know why I entered the village, even after hearing the pain that was happening inside. When I got out from my wagon and headed for the entrance, I noticed that the big doors were completely destroyed. That shocked me, those doors were as thick as a tree, and yet here they are, pieces of it scattered everywhere. I was scared of course, who wouldn’t in my position? But still crossed the remains of the wall and entered the city.

It was exactly as I thought, a true hell; flames were engulfing every building, even the ones made with stone. I could feel magic on those flames, they were created by a wizard, but it was just too much energy, not even the elder control could be compared to it. As I walk through the roads I could see bodies incinerated; sometimes in a piece and sometimes in just too many to count them. The smell was unbearable, it was the smell of death, of a whole city dying; no… not dying, being killed. Rage arisen from my insides, big enough to cover completely the fear I was feeling; and with that feeling I kept moving, trying to not look at the victims.

When I was passing at the side of a blind alley, a familiar voice stopped me on the place. Looking at the alley, where the voice came from, I could recognize Arthur, so I ran to him. He was badly hurt, his arm was broken, probably from a high fall and his skin was burnt almost completely. Arthur told me that I shouldn’t be here, if I wanted to continue living I should run away the fastest I could. But something inside my head told me that I should meet the cause of this destruction; now that I think more calmly, I think I really heard a voice at that moment. I couldn’t leave the young rogue hurt there, his wounds were life-threatening and maybe I wouldn’t come back to heal him properly, so I used accelerated healing magic; it wouldn’t restore the arm mobility or sooth the pain from the burnings, but at least it would help him continue alive. I asked him to wait until he could restore his energies and then get out of here.

He looked as I was leaving him there with a worried expression, but he wasn’t against it; I guess that, at the end, everyone just care about their own safety. The deepest in the city I walked, the more I could feel it, that strong magic energy; it probably was the wizard that did all this. Now sure of his location, I ran to where he was, hoping that I could arrive soon enough to save a few people. It was a hard race, building’s rubbish were everywhere, slowing or stopping my way; I thought about levitating myself and cross over them, but the fire was gathering at the sky, I would have been burnt in just a few seconds.

Finally I arrived at the main square of the town, just at the center. Compared to the rest of the city, this place was comfortable and the structure was fine; looks like the fire couldn’t enter here. When I got close I noticed something like a barrier surrounding it, but look like I didn’t have problems closing it; maybe it was just for the fire. Once inside I noticed that not just the flame was isolated from it, but the hellish heat too; the temperature in this place was stable, even with all the flames around it. Suddenly a voice resonated thorough the place, a cold voice that didn’t seem human – “Who dares disturb the ritual?” – A shadow on the center of the place moved, getting close to me.

That’s what I thought at first, that it was a shadow, but the closer it got the more it seemed like a human; at least it had a human shaped. Under a black hood, two black eyes could be seen; to be correct they “couldn’t be seen” it was just like a black hole, I noticed them because it was the only place where there wasn’t any light at all. When I saw him so close, the fear paralyzed me, my whole body was telling me to run but my mind was telling me to stay there. Even though, he didn’t show any aggressive will against me, neither a welcoming one. He was just like that, a shadow with human shaped but without any expression.

When he raised his hand with the intention to examine me, I backed off without thinking, looks like I wasn’t paralyzed anymore. He stopped his hand on midair, like surprised; I think it was surprised, it was almost impossible to read that thing. But I forgot the important thing; this was the origin of the magic energy and, probably, the cause of the city situation. – “What are you doing? What do you pretend with all this destruction!? – He didn’t answer at first, looks like he was thinking something. Then finally his voice resounded once again – “You are mistaken boy, I’m not the cause of this destruction; I’m just…” – I interrupted him with a shout – “don’t play with me, I know the magic origin comes from here; if I have to kill you to save the rest of the people, so be it”

He didn’t move from his place, looks like he wasn’t taking me serious and he was already concentrating in something. I don’t know why exactly, but his attitude boiled my blood; without giving him any more chances to explain himself, I materialize my claws and jumped at him. Looks like he didn’t saw that coming and jumped off at the last moment; I cut his robe a little and I could see blood coming from inside it, so he is a living thing at least… But at least my attack worked, he lost his concentration and the barrier around us disappeared; now he wouldn’t be able to continue his “ritual”

When the barrier dissipated, I could see that the darkness on his eyes was disappearing, leaving a pair of emerald eyes that were looking at me angry. But something was odd; I stopped his ritual, why is the energy origin still emanating from here? When I looked back at the one with the black robe, I saw that he was coming at me with full speed; it was too fast, I couldn’t even see his footwork.  But instead of attacking me, he pushed me out of the way. Lying on the floor, I could see an arrow of light crossing the sky and sticking on his stomach. While kneeling on the floor, his hood was lifted up by the air, showing a girl face; wait… then it was a “she” all this time? On her knees, she looked at me with a disdain look and her words were covered by hate – “Stupid kid, you have condemn this city to death” – Looking at the place where the arrow came from, I saw a human with a malicious grin on his face.

Hi again Yume, you made me a big favor here, that bitch was ruining the ritual that I took so long to prepare; I was right after all, u have the eye…” – I couldn’t believe it, it was Arthur…

Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 23:13

May 9th, 2011

Just what happened here? I was surrounded by violent flames that would consume the city in a few minutes; with the person I thought was the perpetrator at my side, bleeding from an arrow wound and at my front Arthur, the one that shoot it standing there with an indescribable grin; was he having fun with all this? When I asked him, shouting, what was happening here, he told me with an innocent expression that he was just “solving a problem”. But I’m sure the arrow was headed to me and so I told him that – “Ooooh… I guess my finger slipped” – The girl at my side let out a sarcastic laugh and told me that it was obvious that she would jump to protect me, that way he would not miss his main target.

This was becoming confusing, I was sure that this girl was the one doing the ritual, burning the city and killed everyone I found along the way; but if she was really the one who did all this, why did she saved me? I began doubting about Arthur, I knew him from a few days ago, but he didn’t look like a bad guy. He was watching the situation, getting impatient about my reactions; but then unsheathes his daggers and started walking toward us. At first I panicked, I wasn’t sure what he pretended to do, but then I spoke to him, ordering to stop right there and explain himself.

He didn’t stop of course, instead he began smiling broadly and started talking – “Come on Yume… I’m just doing what I have to, I am a mercenary remember? You shouldn’t trust on the others so easily young boy…” – At first his walking was slow, but suddenly he disappeared from my sight; the air was filled with ashes but still it would be impossible to just disappear like that. I heard a laughing at my back, so I turned just like a reflex; but there was no one there.  “you fool, don’t take your eyes from your front!!” – Thanks to the girl warning, I could avoid the edge of a dagger at the last second; he was in the same direction from where he disappeared.

That was so mean of you… I could have stabbed him so easily…” – I didn’t knew what happened, I’m sure I saw him disappeared but how is that he is still there? “visual magic” said the girl, explaining to me that it was a kind of magic where the wizard manipulate the light that is reflected on him; in other words, making him invisible or altering his image. Then, his wounds… no, they were real; but look like he was feigning his weakness because now he can run like nothing. When he noticed that I was looking at his burning, he fixed his gaze on the girl, saying that at the middle of the ritual she attacked him.

So it was true after all, she was just trying to stopped this. Damn, I will have to apologize to her later, but now I need to stop all this madness. I materialized my claws and prepared myself in front of him. But his reaction disappointed me; he was looking at me with skeptical eyes, looks like he thought I was no match for him. The girl tried to stop me, why is everyone underestimating me? I just kept my stare at the front and asked for her name. At first she was insisting on me stopping, but finally she told me her name was Maat. “Ok Maat” – I said – “rest a little and let me take care of this, it was my fault after all…” She looks like wanting to say something, but I concentrated completely on my enemy, Arthur.

As I got closer to Arthur, he began laughing again, but this time with a disappointed tone on it. “I was hoping to take you alive, but look like you don’t like that idea…” – His confidence was annoying, he acted like if he already won the fight. But his trick wouldn’t take me by surprise again, I thought about the white horns of light and they instantly appeared from my forehead, covering my eyes. I could see better and had more reflexes like this, but the stress was too much for my brain so I shouldn’t use this too much. When he turned again invisible, I activated the thermo vision (I think there was something like this on my world). As I thought he could reflect the light, but not the heat.

I thought that I was at advantage; but I was wrong. No matter if he wasn’t invisible to me anymore, his speed was just too much; in just a second he was already in front of me trying to reach to my neck with his dagger, if it weren’t for my eyes enhancement, I wouldn’t be writing this now. I avoided it jumping backward, but the edge touched my skin, wounding me slightly. Still, I couldn’t believe it; his speed was just too much, what was the trick? When I looked for answers, I noticed a small energy condensation below his feet; he was using some kind of magic.

He followed my gaze to his feet and acted innocently – “oh my, do I have something on my feet, magic maybe? I’m sorry but this trick is too much for kids like you” – As usual, he was making me mad; I’m kind of sure that it was his intention. I tried to remain calmed and analyze the situation: I couldn’t fly, as I said before I would get burnt instantly; my eyes help me to avoid his attacks, but I wasn’t fast enough to reach him with my claws; the longer this takes the worse the situation gets and the more the fire expands, I had to think fast.

I tried blocking him with the wings from my winds, but I ended with a bad wound on one of them; I waited for his attack and interposes my claws in his trajectory, but he changed it like nothing and I ended with a cut in my arm, while blocking my neck. He was an experienced assassin and all his movements were flawless, if I could just be faster… “You can” I heard again that voice; just where did it came from? That distraction cost me dear, I jumped back when the knife was too close to my heart, so I had to raise my leg and stop it. The wound was severe and stopped me from using my right leg anymore.

“Little by little your death is close, how much blood will you expose?” – His ditty was filled with disdain and joy, but not a good joy; at least not for me. What did the voice meant with “you can” can I become faster or something? But now I would need a new leg, I laughed at that idea; but then I stopped sharply, a new pair of legs? I looked at the tattoo from my feet: two flames in my forehead became flaming horns; two wings on my back became wings, this one was obvious; two runes on my claws became claws and the tattoos at my arms scales; they always materialized body parts related to the tattoo shape or position. Then, these ones…

I concentrated on them, the tattoos with paw shape on my feet; and reconstructed the feeling I usually have when I materialize my dragon parts. A bright light covered my legs just after that, it was warm and made me forget the pain from the leg; wait, not forget, it just didn’t hurt anymore. When the light vanished, I could feel a strange sensation on my legs. They were rough but at the same time light, when I looked at them I understood. They weren’t elves legs anymore, but green scaled ones, just like a big lizard. When I tried to move forward, all my body felt like if I were shoot by a cannon, I accelerated so fast that crashed violently against a pile of rubbish. Arthur was observing this intrigued and laughing, but this time I could fear a lack of confidence in his voice.

I stood up slowly, I guess I moved too soon; first I should understand this legs. They were much stronger than human legs and had two “knees” instead of one, making them look like an “S”; I guess that it was the cause of that impulse in just a step. Even though, I got accustomed to them just after standing up; just like with the other parts, I felt that I got these ones since always. Arthur was tired from waiting, and just charged against me; but this time my body could move as fast as my sight, so I dodged him without problems.

At first he was surprised, but then he kept attacking me, without letting the nervousness take control of his head; he really was a cold-blood mercenary, now that I saw his expressionless face I could be sure of it. With my speed now everything looked so easy to me, but the long use of my flame horns was already affecting me; the stress was becoming too big for my mind. I took the offensive, and started attacking him with my claws, wounding him with ease, but any more of this and I would faint. Luckily he didn’t notice it, and his surviving instinct was greater than his greed; so he started running away.

Maat shouted at me, telling me that it was already too over to stop the ritual manually; the only way was to kill the caster. I doubt about what should I do, I didn’t wanted to kill him, but if I didn’t so many people would die… I had no choice; I hope the one reading this can understand it. Either way, he was already too far away, for me to reach him; how in the world would I be able to get him? “When a dragon’s fang catch his prey, then is too late for it to live” Following the words on my head, a new light shined from my forehead, if the flames were already out, it must be the fangs shaped tattoos. But this time the light didn’t attacked to my body, instead it floated in front of me and I catch it just like a reflex.

An ivory bow materialized from the lights. “Just who are you?” I thought in my insides waiting for an imaginary voice to answer me, but obviously it didn’t. But I was forgetting the important thing; I couldn’t let him run away. I draw the bow and then noticed that there wasn’t any arrow. Just when I started looking for one, a white arrow appeared on the bow, covered with a black aura. I looked for Arthur with my dragon horn and found him at the exit of the city; he thought he was already safe; a bad decision.

When I let go of the bowstring, the dark arrow crossed the air almost invisible, just leaving destruction wherever it passed through and finally arriving at a surprised Arthur. The arrow killed him, I know that, but I could saw it so I closed my eyes. When I opened them, the fire was going out, looks like the ritual was over. I was tired… so tired… I faded in the place. I just want to rest a little…

Kurfist View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 17:57
This is a 9/10. It would have been perfect if perhaps i don't know, my character was in it. Maybe have myself chilling with a few goblins around a table made from the backbone of a dwarf, playing poker with chips made from elf bones and cards made from human skin.

Just an idea.
Patience is a virtue, resource giving is a sin
Kitsume View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 03:42
Oh no!! what has happened to our hero? no entry for 2 days! Cant be good for him.....
Gemley View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 13:25
he probably needed a vacation
Yumeshi View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 02:17

May 14th, 2011

An intense cold sticking to my body; the feeling of tiredness that tempts me to an eternal rest. I found myself again in this strange dream, but it was so long, like a life. I was flying through the air, with two majestic black wings at each side, and a superiority feeling that can’t be described with words; I wasn’t proud, but I knew my presence was something important. I could saw people below me, but watching their surprises expressions didn’t produced any reaction on me; why do I think of them as… small insects? I was getting scared at those thoughts, but the dream was stronger than my conscience.

The sky looked weird, there wasn’t a single cloud on the sky but no light reached the ground. The sun is… it looks like is bleeding… what does it mean? Even with all the security I was feeling, that scared the “me” on the dream; something bad was about to happen. I flew a lot of time, heading to the direction where the sky was even darker; even at night, I could see the darkness; no stars shine on it.

Just at the horizon, I could see the figure of two dragons – “oh, look like they arrived” – I thought, the dream conscience made me think that they were allies. I got closer to them, but look like they can’t see me; did they found something about this disturbance? I try to call for them, but just a roar come from my mouth; it wasn’t a violent one, but it surprised me. They then turned around; it’s weird, I recognize them but can’t remember their names… the red one looked at me with a strange look, and then an invisible thunder hit me on my left wing. Did… did they attacked me, my… teammates? But they look so cruel while seeing me fall on the forest. I was betrayed…

This feeling again, like something was escaping from inside my body, like if I were travelling without moving. I’m trapped here, surround by trees and a cold wind destroying my resistance little by little. Why was I even born for, to protect these beings from the curse of the eye? I don’t care anymore, let them meet their end with it, I just want to rest; to rest forever.

I stayed like that a few hours, maybe days; I’m not sure. But then I felt sudden warmth, almost unnoticeable, but with my body shivering it was enough to feel it. I gather strength from nowhere to look around me, looking through the forest for something different. At my side, there was one of those bipeds; at first I thought about flying away, we should not have any kind of contact with them; but I was so tired… I almost forgot it. He was still young, maybe a few decades, one century at most; they live so little time…

A small fire was just in front of him, looks like that was the source of the heat; but it wasn’t enough. I lent the fire some of my energy and made the flame broader and hotter, almost white. The little piece of my conscience surprised at that display of energy, even without being able to move “I” could produce a fire so pure. But there was something that I noticed, the me from the dream “lent” energy to the fire, isn’t that the reverse from black magic? But as I tried to think about it the dragon conscience overcame mine again.

This isn’t enough; I’m dying, I can feel it. But something told me I couldn’t give up just like that. This creature in particular looks like a noble one, he tried to help me at least; maybe they are worthy to be saved, I was banned to interact with them so I can not judge them. And yet, what can I do?

I decided, I would give this one next to me the mark of the eye, bestowed to us, the protectors of the primordial curse. My mind will keep dormant within him so I won’t die that way, but I’m afraid I won’t be free anymore; I hope that I’m not making a big mistake, but I have no more choices. I proceed with the ritual without telling him, it would take too much time to explain him everything and maybe it would be too late. I feel like I’m fading in the darkness, will I ever wake up?

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was a stone ceiling covered by shadows. I’m alive.

Im sorry about the waiting, truth be told i wasnt in the best mood to write and the ideas just wouldnt come to me, im half forcing to make this chapter so it may be bad quality, i apologize for it. It has some important storylines at least, so please take a look at it.
Clavius Vile View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 02:33
I read it but lost interest when a character wasn't encountered :p
[18:24]<Johnny112> books are an advance resource. They're similar to, but not the same as books
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic