Topic ClosedRegarding the upcoming changes to neutrality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
maxellsnow View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 19:31
Originally posted by Kumomoto Kumomoto wrote:

Try adding the Black Company stooges to the count...

right, cause that 6508 additional population which reflects resource/arms production better than number of members really puts us over the top...Oh wait it still doesn't.
Keeves View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 20:44
Posting in a Thread.

/me sends armies out Wink
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 11:25
Originally posted by Diablito Diablito wrote:

You're free to play this game however you want, as long as you want to play it the way H? tells you to play it.

I take it then that you will never react to the actions of other players around you.  You'd never complain, for example, of a non-member account well known to be an H? alt sending a few potshots for kicks while you make grand proposals of backstabbing DA.  And you'd never attack another alliance under the guise of being "for the good of the server."  And it certainly wouldn't be while you make grand proposals of helping us destroy one of our own members because he doesn't toe the line we presumably drew.  One might have thought you'd welcome him with open arms when he applied to White.

Perhaps those six members, those six top ten members who constantly leech resources from the alliance to power their cities while their members burn, should try focusing on their alliance rather than themselves for a second.

Our members have eagerly volunteered their resources because they want them used to put you out of our misery, not pillaged from their defenseless or unmanned accounts by the very aggressors attacking them.  We weren't even being supplied until you started attacking our non-combatants, most of whom are too small to even have troops in quantity or quality worth mention, and most of whom were conveniently away when you struck.  Our most ardent suppliers are the ones you constantly attack.  Heck, I should thank you for bolstering the camaraderie and loyalty of our members.  They make me proud.  And they know whom to blame for their misery.  You have left them no other productive avenue for participation in the game.  They can't grow under the constant waves of saboteurs, rebuild their military strength under the constant military attacks.

For weeks I watched half of your alliance send constant reinforcements to your personal capital.  No doubt this was purely "for the good of the alliance."  We have the names and activity logs of every member who has aided both the war and your defense personally (and it's quite a list...far longer than the list of our own suppliers).  We knew which members were rendering themselves helpless for your cause.

We chose to directly confront you and that power defense you erected most clearly just for your own good, instead of attacking those players who rendered themselves defenseless on your behalf.  Attacking them would have been good strategy.  But we don't need to lower ourselves to your standards.  We've seen your type too.  Alliances like White always crumble when faced with fair opposition, because the members get to see who really expects members to sacrifice themselves for the good of their leaders.

Furthermore, we don't consider the mere wearing of an alliance tag as presumption of guilt.  Not everyone in your alliance contributes to the war effort, and we would offer clemency to those who continue their non-involvement.  To those who have contributed, and seen what White/Black costs them (surely you didn't think we missed Black's involvement either), we offer time to consider their actions.  We're not going to relentlessly gank smaller players for making bad decisions one time, now or later.  We know who is responsible for the choices of White as an alliance, and it is they whom we hold accountable.

Long, aimless rant with no substance or logic.

I normally make far more detailed point-by-point rebuttal, but this hardly seems worth the effort.  I'm a busy man these days.  As for your ludicrous claims of stagnancy...I shouldn't even bother dignifying that with a response either, but here goes:

I've seen your "chaos."  It does mean more war--constant, unrelenting war against smaller players while the bigger get constantly bigger.  It means an experience of pure frustration for new players trying to participate possibly for the first time while a few experienced bands rape and pillage all for their accelerated growth.  It means people quitting the game on a higher order of magnitude while the most talented rule the ruin-littered roost.  Only the most committed (as in round-the-clock vigilance) are allowed to survive.  Thoughts of real-life or friendly dispute have no place in White's world.

And as for us and our stagnating ways?  For someone who prides himself in his spies and subterfuge, you should know what P.E.A.C.E. means by now.
Larry View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 14:10
On the point of attacking our reinforcements at Gay Paris instead of attacking us ourselves: attacking us would have been a terrible idea. Diablito is significantly closer than effectively all of our members (trust me I know muahahahhaa) and if you had chosen to take your armies on the longer detours to attack us, he would have sieged you all while you sat defenseless. So no, Diablito was clearly the prime target, we all wanted a fight, so we went to where the fight was. Thanks for the epic commander xp btw :D

I should also note that unlike with H? we have been coordinating smaller attacks by our smaller members, helping them actively participate if they aren't setup for front line engagements. We're doing this for all of us, not solely because of Diablito's delusions of grandeur :p
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 14:40
Oh noes, a siege.  Tongue  Maybe I'd have lost another building level or two.  Just think of all those long minutes of resource production I'd have lost.  And while his 500 units made an annoyance of themselves, what of the 3,500 troops that sat in his town?

H? was more concerned with keeping our smaller players out of battle so they'd have continued opportunity for growth.  Military score holds no value over economic output, and Diablito knows he's not doing you any favors by cutting your teeth.  He has already watched others rocket far ahead of him while he carefully groomed an army and single commander, and what has he gotten out of that?  He knocked down one level of one of my buildings.  I was rebuilt within the day.  And we both know that's why White has instead chosen to harass our smallest members.  You've already admitted defeat by your actions.

Also, perhaps you can explain to me how your 30+ commanders acquired experience while dead.  Next time you place your armies in the hands of one dictator, make sure he has not myopically focused on one strength to the exclusion of even basic protection against other threats.
Diablito View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 15:16
Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

Oh noes, a siege.  Tongue  Maybe I'd have lost another building level or two.  Just think of all those long minutes of resource production I'd have lost.  And while his 500 units made an annoyance of themselves, what of the 3,500 troops that sat in his town?

H? was more concerned with keeping our smaller players out of battle so they'd have continued opportunity for growth.  Military score holds no value over economic output, and Diablito knows he's not doing you any favors by cutting your teeth.  He has already watched others rocket far ahead of him while he carefully groomed an army and single commander, and what has he gotten out of that?  He knocked down one level of one of my buildings.  I was rebuilt within the day.  And we both know that's why White has instead chosen to harass our smallest members.  You've already admitted defeat by your actions.

Also, perhaps you can explain to me how your 30+ commanders acquired experience while dead.  Next time you place your armies in the hands of one dictator, make sure he has not myopically focused on one strength to the exclusion of even basic protection against other threats.

Ehm, I have 3 commanders at around lvl 30 and one lvl 8 commander and your intel about troop numbers are equally off, I had 4100 units defending me, I did however KILL 3.500 H? soldiers attacking me.

To this date you've not made ONE succesfull attack on my capital of Gay Paris (or a SINGLE white town as far as i'm aware of).

Where as we daily attack H? members with siege, knocking down upto a douzen buildings per day overall, yeah i'm sure your members think of this all as a mild inconvience.

We attack anyone wearing an H? tag because wearing an H? tag is showing support for your continued acts of aggression, you may speak of peace but diplomatic attacks, 24/7 negative spells on my city (for weeks before this war ever started) speak for themselves, you did what you could to provoke this war.

If these new players want to stop being attacked all they have to do is leave H? and all attacks cease immidately, they chose to join the largest alliance in the game, an alliance that conducted aggressive policies towards other alliances and by doing that they chose to take the risk of attack.

You whine and talk about honour and justice, but we all know what you are.

You cry to be left alone, to be left to grow, but when you've grown, when you're strong enough, you will set policy, you will write a sub-set of rules to those put down by the GM's, you will enforce YOUR ideas and opinions on this game and don't think for a godamn second I will permit it.

I'll fight this "utopia" of yours to my last soldier, and judging by our perfect attack/defence ratio, I dare say i'm doing pretty damn good.

You say I leave my members out to dry, I take care of my members, thats why they're tearing yours to pieces, thats why non of my members suffer in this war yet yours are wailing for help.

In White, we care about our new players, we don't just have them around for cannon fodder.

I'd like to ask the members of H? something directly. Do they tell you their plans? Do they include you in the planning process? Do they activly organice you? Do THEY ever send YOU resources? Or do they leave you in the dark, do they have you boost them so that they can win this war for you?

Well I have a news flash for you, 200k stone isn't going to win this war, your leaders have turtled up in a defensive position not even trying to mount an attack not defending a single member, just absorbing as much resources as they can and growing their score.

Well **** score, score doesn't matter, people matter, so you can take your score and shuv it up your ass HM, I don't give a sh*t where I am on the rankings, I care about my members.
Arbiter View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 15:19
It's hard to argue with someone who's clearly blind to facts, so I'll give you my opinion instead..
Diablito's way of leadership is good and so far it hasn't encumbered any member of White in any way what-so-ever. We send our armies where we please, there is no rule on what we can or can not do. The reason I sent my troops to his town is because I like Diab and would not like to see him destroyed. He's good at what he does. One of the best leaders I've worked with during my years of gaming.. He doesn't tell us what to do unless it's absolutely necessary to thwart whatever plans you lot have come up with. If we supply him with troops or gear it's because we think he's right and we want to help him. 
And on a side note.. All your eleven attacks got decimated. His walls are now fortified with thousands of H? corpses. It's not our fault you chose to charge at his walls without even scouting first. Try as you may but you will not break Gay Paris.

Yours with sincere loathing, Arb
We're the White Company, if something gets in our way we shank it with a ten foot spear.
Keeves View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 16:07
I personally made 2 of your members go inactive cause of daily attacks because you never assisted them (one of your directors is less then 5 hours away with reinforcements) and H? is saying that all we do is move on the whim of Diab?

HA... I wonder how many more H? i can turn inactive.

Edited by Keeves - 28 Apr 2010 at 16:07
Gila View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 17:29
Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

Random stuff - apparently as it exits only in his mind...

Clap

Larry View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 19:45
I wonder if HM realizes where Diablito found us all hahaha, if HM understands why that entity is as successful as it is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic