Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - King's 2nd Tournament - Bloodthirst For Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedKing's 2nd Tournament - Bloodthirst For Knowledge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Attila the Hun View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 22:16
What a waste of a comment.
It's just a game. :)
Empress Olivia View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 22:34
Originally posted by Attila the Hun Attila the Hun wrote:

I was just making a general point that someone my size and lower has absolutely no chance in winning any portion of this tournament.

That is complete bunk. Medium size players like you have a very good chance of getting the top hunter prizes.
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 02:22
*what Empress said...

@Atilla: you mentioned that in a few months, you could be the size of larger players - this part is true, very rapid growth is achievable in Illyriad if you spend some prestige, and more importantly: take alot of time to keep building ques full and ship resources from resource-rich to resource-poor cities.

The other part you mentioned is that you being bigger in a few months is useless because the big players will be even bigger - This part has a fallacy in it: limitations in the maximum population provided by a maxed out city, combined with the limited amount of food each city can produce when maxed, and the increasing population cost of settling each new city means that all top Illyriad members will eventually reach a plateau where there rate at which they can grow gets smaller and smaller.

This means that any new account created today has every opportunity to close the gap and compete with accounts created a year ago given some good tactics and a little activity. The only thing they will miss out on is witnessing a year of Illyriad's evolution.

Anyhow, call me a selfish right-wing troglodite, but I'm of the old-fashioned school of thought that believes those that have worked hard for a long-time deserve to have an advantage over others from time to time. Wink

Edited by Createure - 13 Apr 2011 at 02:23
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 03:54
Originally posted by Createure Createure wrote:

Anyhow, call me a selfish right-wing troglodite, but I'm of the old-fashioned school of thought that believes those that have worked hard for a long-time deserve to have an advantage over others from time to time. Wink
You selfish right-wing troglodite!  HA!  I made myelf laugh.  LOL

There is ample opportunity for smaller/medium player to earn a Greatest Hunter victory.

HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2011 at 06:03
Originally posted by Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Mr. Ubiquitous Feral wrote:

This is where some players with larger armies came from.  Time takes time.

This is my favorite quote today.
RuneMage View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 13:53

I would like to see a new category that levels the playing field between the large players/alliances and small/medium players/alliances. How about introducing a Ratio where the collection counts are divided by the population of the player/alliance. This would mean the large players/alliances would need to collect more than the smaller players/alliances.

I personally have been concentrating on only wild dogs as they are most common in my area and so far I have collected just over 1/10 of what Bolomir has collected. My population is 13% of Bolomir, so if a Ratio factor was involved, I might have a shot, but without it, chance of winning anything is zero.
lorre View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 14:21
you win commander experience so everyone wins :D
The battlefield is a scene of constant chaos. The winner will be the one who controls that chaos, both his own and the enemies.
Napoleon Bonaparte
Durham View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 23:07

The good news is that my army from Tulchan slew some mammoths and got a Mammoths Heart.

The Bad news is that Mammoths are not recognised on the list of animals and there is no entry in my inventory.
Moral of the tale. Check the list of eligible animals before launching an attack.
Oxford
JCD64 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 23:56
so your the one who stole my mammoths
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 09:11
Originally posted by Durham Durham wrote:

The good news is that my army from Tulchan slew some mammoths and got a Mammoths Heart.

The Bad news is that Mammoths are not recognised on the list of animals and there is no entry in my inventory.
Moral of the tale. Check the list of eligible animals before launching an attack.
Oxford

Mammoths should certainly be on the table/inventory.

I'll take a look.

SC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic