Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - King's 2nd Tournament - Bloodthirst For Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedKing's 2nd Tournament - Bloodthirst For Knowledge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Illyriad Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: King's 2nd Tournament - Bloodthirst For Knowledge
    Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 15:15
BLOODTHIRST FOR KNOWLEDGE -
THE KING'S SECOND TOURNAMENT

His Majesty King Sigurd of the Council of Illyria is pleased to announce a One Month Tournament starting immediately, with the main aim of improving our knowledge of the World.

A new Museum of Natural History has been built at Centrum and has been staffed by biologists and naturologists from the Empirium. The only thing they lack are a wide variety of specimens from the various creatures that inhabit the lands of Illyria.

His Majesty bids all the Lords of Illyria to send their armies far and wide to slay these creatures. When your army slays each group of beasts there is a chance that your troops can retrieve prime anatomical specimens. The more beasts that are present at a location, the more likelihood that usable remains can be retrieved.

Your army will return to your home town as usual, carrying the specimens and these will be visible in your town's Inventory. The specimens cannot be traded or otherwise transported away from a town at this time, as such an endeavour might damage them and render them useless to the Museum!

At Midday on Wednesday, May 11th the tournament will end, and highly-trained transporters from the Illyria Trade Council will collect all those specimens that are held in each Lord's town.

As this is a mighty work of knowledge to benefit the Kingdom as a whole, His Majesty has forbidden the theft of these specimens from player towns for the duration of the tournament - although his military advisors suggest that Lords might certainly use some more cunning and underhand tactics to hamper their competitors' efforts.

There will, of course, be prizes for winning the tournaments' various categories, and these prizes are designed to encourage individual Lords as well as Alliance competition.

The currently leading Lords and Alliances in each category are available on the Tournaments page.

His Majesty eagerly anticipates these specimens and the results of the valuable research into their possible uses, and bids every Lord and Alliance the best of luck in this endeavour.

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 11 Apr 2011 at 16:00
Illyriad Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 15:15
Tournament Closed!

Prizes to be distributed shortly.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE
It's quite simple - go any kill NPC units anywhere on the map.  Kill them all without mercy or quarter and bring back the best quality anatomical specimens.

Killed NPC units will "drop" anatomical specimens which your armies will automatically collect and bring back home to your home town, automatically delivering them to your Town Inventory on their return. 

You can see what your soldiers have collected by viewing the Troop Movement page (whilst they are in motion).

You can see what specimens your town has by viewing the Town Inventory, which is accessible via a satellite button on the City Map main icon.

You can see your progress against other players and/or alliances on the Tournaments page which is accessible via a satellite button on the World Map main icon.

THE PRIZES

There are 5 major Prize Categories: 2 of which are Alliance categories, and 3 of which are Individual categories.

Players in an Alliance automatically participate in all 5 categories (so long as they retrieve at least one specimen for the alliance total), whilst players not in an alliance only participate in 3 categories.

There is also a general reward for every player who collects any anatomical specimens during the tournament.

ALLIANCE PRIZE - LARGEST COLLECTION
The Top 3 Alliances that gather the most total creature anatomical specimens (of any kind) will receive the following rewards for each participating member of the alliance:
  • 1st Place: 150 Prestige and 15 Elite Praetorian Guard units
  • 2nd Place: 100 Prestige and 10 Praetorian Guard units
  • 3rd Place: 50 Prestige and 5 Praetorian Guard units

ALLIANCE PRIZE - MOST COMPLETE UNIQUE COLLECTION
The Top 3 Alliances that gather the most complete specimen collection of different creature anatomical specimens will receive the following rewards for each participating member of the alliance:
  • 1st Place: 150 Prestige and 15 Elite Praetorian Guard units
  • 2nd Place: 100 Prestige and 10 Praetorian Guard units
  • 3rd Place: 50 Prestige and 5 Praetorian Guard units

INDIVIDUAL PRIZES - LARGEST COLLECTION

The Top 3 Players that gather the most total creature anatomical specimens (of any kind) will receive the following rewards:
  • 1st Place: 300 Prestige and 50 Elite Praetorian Guard units
  • 2nd Place: 200 Prestige and 30 Elite Praetorian Guard units
  • 3rd Place: 100 Prestige and 10 Elite Praetorian Guard units

INDIVIDUAL PRIZES - MOST COMPLETE UNIQUE COLLECTION
The Top 3 Players that gather the most complete specimen collection of different creature anatomical specimens will receive the following rewards:
  • 1st Place: 300 Prestige and 50 Elite Praetorian Guard units
  • 2nd Place: 200 Prestige and 30 Elite Praetorian Guard units
  • 3rd Place: 100 Prestige and 10 Elite Praetorian Guard units

INDIVIDUAL PRIZES - GREATEST HUNTERS

Each individual who retrieves the greatest number of creature anatomical specimens from each different type of creature (eg Rats, Scritchers, Bears etc) will receive the following reward:
  • Each 1st place winner: 100 Prestige and 10 Praetorian Guard units.
This category means that there is an individual winner for wolves, a winner for rats, a winner for mammoths etc - based on the total number of anatomical specimens you collect.

GENERAL REWARD
At the end of the tournament, King Sigurd's representatives will remove all anatomical specimens from all players in the game, and will compensate each player 10 Gold pieces for each single item taken.

THE TOURNAMENT RULES, SMALL PRINT
  • The Tournament runs until Midday Server Time (GMT+1) on Wednesday May 11, 2011.

• Anyone who kills NPC units and receives an anatomical drop is automatically a participant, regardless of whether they are in an alliance or not.

• Thief units are unable to steal these anatomical items.

• Items you retrieve whilst you are in an alliance count toward both your Alliance place on the Leaderboard as well as your Individual place on the leaderboard. 

• If you leave an alliance during the tournament, your contribution to your old Alliances' total is not transferred with you; it remains with the alliance you were in when you retrieved the item.  This is to prevent last-minute alliance player shuffling to guarantee an alliance victory.

• Destroying or capturing a player's town does not destroy or capture their anatomical inventory - this is under the King's protection as a Scientific Endeavour.

• NPCs will only drop items if attacked fully (ie Attack stratagem, or an Occupy stratagem; but not a Raid stratagem)

• In the unlikely event of a tie, the winner will be dictated by his or her success in the other category.  ie If 2 players tie for "most complete unique collection" then the winner will be the one who has the larger collection in the "largest collection" category.  For the "Hunter" category, total body parts collected from all animals will be the decider.  In the *highly* unlikely event that this is still a tie, all parties will receive the prize reward.

We wish you the best of luck.

SC

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 11 May 2011 at 12:45
Beengalas View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 18:09
Instead of "first", I'll go with "love".

Love! :)
Fateful Ending View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:58
Ok, so i just killed 5.2k spiders (a legion) and got 3 parts, isn;t that a bit miserly? Cry
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 11:13
Originally posted by Fateful Ending Fateful Ending wrote:

Ok, so i just killed 5.2k spiders (a legion) and got 3 parts, isn;t that a bit miserly? Cry

That's just *very* unlucky in terms of numbers; although it might not be as unlucky as you think in terms of uniqueness.

Bear in mind that this tournament has two definite parts - total parts collected and most unique parts collected.

The more dangerous / larger the NPC spawn, the more chance you have of getting both more different types of drop as well as more of each item that drops.

It is random, for sure, but is weighted by the difficulty of the spawn.

Regards,

SC
Beengalas View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 12:14
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

That's just *very* unlucky in terms of numbers; although it might not be as unlucky as you think in terms of uniqueness.

Bear in mind that this tournament has two definite parts - total parts collected and most unique parts collected.

The more dangerous / larger the NPC spawn, the more chance you have of getting both more different types of drop as well as more of each item that drops.

It is random, for sure, but is weighted by the difficulty of the spawn.

Regards,

SC

I also destroyed a legion of npc, over 5k spiders. Which cost me almost 5k tier 2 cavalry (attacked with almost 11k). This gave me rougly 25 items and of four different kind, but still at a HUGE cost, i did get +20k experience and entire 130k gold. Not worth it at all imo.

After this I have splitted my army in 5 parts and I have made some attacks on pack and lower, and I have got between 1-5 items on every attack with no loses basically.

At this moment, this tournament encourage attacking low-pop npcs and avoid the big one. But shouldn't "legion of NPCs" give more reward since it is so much more damn costly?
Lionz Heartz View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 12:59
Originally posted by Beengalas Beengalas wrote:

Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

That's just *very* unlucky in terms of numbers; although it might not be as unlucky as you think in terms of uniqueness.Bear in mind that this tournament has two definite parts - total parts collected and most unique parts collected.The more dangerous / larger the NPC spawn, the more chance you have of getting both more different types of drop as well as more of each item that drops.It is random, for sure, but is weighted by the difficulty of the spawn.Regards,SC

I also destroyed a legion of npc, over 5k spiders. Which cost me almost 5k tier 2 cavalry (attacked with almost 11k). This gave me rougly 25 items and of four different kind, but still at a HUGE cost, i did get +20k experience and entire 130k gold. Not worth it at all imo.
After this I have splitted my army in 5 parts and I have made some attacks on pack and lower, and I have got between 1-5 items on every attack with no loses basically.
At this moment, this tournament encourage attacking low-pop npcs and avoid the big one. But shouldn't "legion of NPCs" give more reward since it is so much more damn costly?

I agree with you on that.
McFarhquar View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 13:00
Are stats for Elite Praetorian Guards available anywhere?
waylander69 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 13:09
I agree, it looks you are getting more of a reward for hitting small groups than you do for larger groups...
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 13:39
Originally posted by Beengalas Beengalas wrote:

At this moment, this tournament encourage attacking low-pop npcs and avoid the big one.

Random is... well... random, even when weighted.

But if this gives the feeling that we therefore have a tournament that means that the smaller players in the game have a darn good chance of winning in the 3 individual categories by concentrating on the smaller spawns (but being very proactive and hunting them out, or very selective and only hunting one particular beastie, or whatever...), then I think it's a uniquely awesome piece of tournament design, so hurrah for us! Wink

SC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic