Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - King's 2nd Tournament - Bloodthirst For Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedKing's 2nd Tournament - Bloodthirst For Knowledge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Aneirin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Topic: King's 2nd Tournament - Bloodthirst For Knowledge
    Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:40
As I gaze across the sandbox of cyberexistence and contemplate the diamante encrusted pink  and purple mouse of all creation I cannot help but hear voices echoing down through the age's. In particular the voice of Terry Jones (arguably real) playing Mary in 'The Life of Brian' (probably fictional) and addressing a crowd of early religious followers

"He is not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy""

Tongue

Edited by Aneirin - 12 May 2011 at 10:40
Fateful Ending View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:39
Originally posted by Aneirin Aneirin wrote:

In this thread we have seen the apparent demolition of my arguement - that GM Stormcrow's ruling on the "sneaky tactics" (not my words) deployed by H? on pinning NPC spawn points created a precedent that might further tournaments as simply being a means to provoke hostility. The justification for that demolition can be seen highlighted in Stormcrow's posting above.

Also in this thread Storrmcrow now asserts that it has always been King Sigurd's intention to promote hostility between the alliances and indicates that this and future tournaments are to be viewed as a means to achieve this. I must confess that is news to me but as in all things if Stormcrow states it - then it must be true.

So be it.

I know that there are leaders out there who had different hopes for thier alliances. Indeed one wrote to me yesterday saying that his alliance weren't competetive and didn't want to be the best they just wanted to "have a fruendly atmosphere". Fat chance of that then, because King Sigurd and GM Stormcrow want you to be hostile to each other

The alliance known as Harmless? /Toothless? have often denied and ridiculed those who have drawn attention to their insatiable need to dominate and win. However it is clear in this thread they truly desire both  - and more. They want to Quote Bartemeus  "a deathmatch" and it seems likely that it will be a deathmatch sponsored by King Sigurd and ruled over by GM Stormcrow!

There can be no doubt any longer

Sorry to drag this up again. But H? and T? are not and do not act collaboratively, yes H? will defend us if we ask (very nicely, they have more important things to do after all, like winning evil-ness competitions ) T? is a separate alliance. One that tries its best to help, protect and guide new players. T? and H? are not the same alliance.

Thanks,  just had to rectify a misunderstanding that seems to be going around the block.
  sincerely Fateful Ending

Edited by Fateful Ending - 12 May 2011 at 10:39
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 10:16
Originally posted by HonoredMule HonoredMule wrote:

Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

...you should really separate ingame RL people (like me, GM Stormcrow) from purely fictional characters (like King Sigurd).
This is very counter-intuitive, given that in the new UI, players receive messages from "King Sigurd of Illyria [DEVS]."  Even before this label, developer actions such as restoring units lost because of a bug were executed through the in-game identity Sigurd.  I would bet many people are mistaking Sigurd's presented position and attitudes as representative of your own.  I even thought this was the case myself, and that the King was an extension/personification of your will in-game, however recused his involvement in actual player dealings.

Hey HM,

Yes, I agree having King Sigurd [DEVS] is indeed a barrier to 'separation'.  Part of the Faction AI changes will move King Sigurd away from an actual town and alliance and into his hub seat at Centrum, at which point we will cease to actively use an ingame account for King Sigurd's actions.

Regards,

SC

HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 06:29

...you should really separate ingame RL people (like me, GM Stormcrow) from purely fictional characters (like King Sigurd).
This is very counter-intuitive, given that in the new UI, players receive messages from "King Sigurd of Illyria [DEVS]."  Even before this label, developer actions such as restoring units lost because of a bug were executed through the in-game identity Sigurd.  I would bet many people are mistaking Sigurd's presented position and attitudes as representative of your own.  I even thought this was the case myself, and that the King was an extension/personification of your will in-game, however recused his involvement in actual player dealings.
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 03:20
The thing about a sandbox is:
Sand
Ants
Wind blown sand
sand in my shoes
sand in my eyes
sand in my shorts
sand everywhere
sand tomorrow
never-ending sand
sand
sand

The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 03:18
"actual war then that's the buttock-clenching moment everyone dreads "

Yikes!
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 01:34
Originally posted by Llyorn Of Jaensch Llyorn Of Jaensch wrote:

I weep for the future.

Me too. And not because of my truly awesome mouse either :)

SC

PS. I had no idea TC had that pic on tap - I thought there'd be more srsbznz responses first: darn you TC!
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 00:40

I weep for the future.

fluffy View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 00:25
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

If you don't want *any* possibility of friction between players and alliances then there are tons of games I can suggest that might be more suited to your temperament. Most of these suggestions aren't MMOs, because, well, when you put people together in realtime you *inevitably* get friction - unless you're playing Hello Kitty Online ofc (a game that I truly enjoy btw in case you think I'm being facetious - perhaps ThunderCat can post a photo of my HK diamante-encrusted pink and purple mouse?).
 <-- Exhibit A Confused

well thats cute! 
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 00:25
I loved reading that in-depth post on the Illy sandbox philosophy...

...but I love that diamante-encrusted pink and purple mouse more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic