Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

email interface

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deorasandeep View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deorasandeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 18:53
Originally posted by fieries fieries wrote:

I think that having folders in the mail area would be very helpful. You would be able to sort threw your mail and keep the ones u need separate so you don't delete on accident

and also cc and bcc button 
deorasandeep View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deorasandeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 18:59
why not allow player to link external mail with ingame mail  a copy of each mail to there email account and a way to sync them 
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 14:47
How about some useful info in the actual emails.  I submit this example.  It does not say which square was hit or which city the army came from:

Combat Report

Sent By:System
Received By:KillerPoodle [H?]
Date:24 Mar 2013 14:41
Attackers arrive, unopposed, at this location.

The close quarter hand-to-hand combat required when fighting in a building is a blessing to the well trained spear or swordsman. Cavalry, however, find it extremely hard to fight here.

Spear and swordsmen find that building fighting is their place to shine. An intimate knowledge of the choke points in a building also somehwat benefits defending bowmen despite their limited arcs of fire. Cavalry detest fighting in and around buildings.

Attackers: Unit: Quantity: Casualties: Survivors:
Commander: XXXX
Knights Knight 1 Damaged for 0, 900 health remains.
Troops: Knights Knights 30000 0 30000

Defenders: Unit: Quantity: Casualties: Survivors:

Edit: Yes - I'm aware it's in the XML.

Edited by KillerPoodle - 24 Mar 2013 at 14:48
"This is a bad idea and we shouldn't do it." - endorsement by HM

"a little name-calling is a positive thing." - Rill
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 20:34
+1 Poodle

An [X|Y] link to the square would make it much easier to scout the hides and animal parts, and dispatch appropriate harvesters. It's not a big deal on the PC, but this would make hunting way easier on my iPad.

On a related note, the orange victory notification should have the dispatching city, the army name, the result, the opponent and the square.
Tor-Coln View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tor-Coln Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2013 at 16:28
Originally posted by Devish Devish wrote:

Originally posted by Abraxox Abraxox wrote:

It would be helpful if a single message could be sent to multiple players at one time. Not to an entire alliance, mind you, but having the option to send something to more than just a single player at a time would be helpful.

Amen...

Multiple recipients (CC), groups (like alliance leadership only), ability to create at least 1 of our own folders in the mail system, etc. -> these are all features I think everyone wants to see. In general, the alliance and email interfaces are nearly a nightmare if you are actively trying to lead an alliance, and the mail is a general nuisance for just about everyone.

Myself I shall agree with the two above me in the idea of sending multiple mails outside of the mail alliance button.

Where my idea differ is in this: Knowing how coding could be such a massive pain (especially if you did not set aside a place for the new addition)
I would suggest just a slight modification in the current "Player" box. Specifically, by adding the ability to put a semi colon to separate names to allow input of more than one name.
I am unsure how easy or hard this could be in actuality (you know the saying easier said than done) [note* after, if this is implemented, you might need to add a 's' to "Player" to mark the change in the sending out mail section.]

The reasons I believe this would be a great upgrade are below
Pro:
- Convenience to all players and alliances in sending messages to multiple people
- Saves time in the above
- Most likely easier than setting up another button or folder set options in code.
- Allows alliances to better coordinate regional troops or coordinate regional responses/actions
- avoids needless message clutters [which players within alliances and others would thank you on that one] (not sure if this might use less space than the alliance mail option. you could put a pro here if it does.)

Cons
- Might still be annoying to code
- might still have players requesting the folder option or another button
- (Gm's and game makers can add here if needed)

Anyway, thank you for listening and hope this help a little in the possibility of this becoming implemented.

{Ps. to the Moderators and GM's} I looked through the forum and this seemed to be the best place to put this in. Also based on this forum and the dev list forum, it look like this was not implemeneted.

Edited by Tor-Coln - 27 May 2013 at 16:30
Tamaeon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tamaeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2014 at 03:12
Folders and/or message tags should be a must in addition to a search feature. The ability to create mailing lists and/or send messages to multiple recipients is a feature which would save many players heaps of time!
"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned."
BaziMUC View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaziMUC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 12:43
I was just about to post a thread about an archive function and then found this and it's already on the list... great.

You often receive mails with useful information which you need to go back to later. You should be able to move these mails into a special folder.

I guess that's what "archive" means?!
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 12:57
Originally posted by BaziMUC BaziMUC wrote:

You often receive mails with useful information which you need to go back to later. You should be able to move these mails into a special folder.

Or at least have a search function for mail titles or senders ...

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
Venita View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 00:08
Wish List :

Search engine... by name and context  

Folders... where I can specifically drop in certain mail to organize how I LIKE 
that means being able to name my own folders.

Group mail, where I can specify members in a group and not have to forward, forward , forward.
(add a few more to that, we have a few council members)

These items would be greatly beneficial.

thanks
Venita
Rascal the Cat View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rascal the Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 00:27
Can I add my support to the idea of being able to organise mails into folders. 

This would make it so much easier to access useful mails without having to search through pages of them! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic