Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

email interface

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rorgash View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rorgash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 01:14
Delete button on top of mail screen again, please im using a mini-pc right now and its a pain scrolling down every time i want to delete a van returning.
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HonoredMule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 02:06
Yes, it is a pain, which is exactly why Butler moves it.
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule
Abraxox View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Abraxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 15:56
It would be helpful if a single message could be sent to multiple players at one time. Not to an entire alliance, mind you, but having the option to send something to more than just a single player at a time would be helpful.

Organization is the biggest headache for the current mail system. I would suggest that the many, many system messages we receive be directed exclusively into their own folder and not be intermixed with "general" mail from other players. This would increase the usefulness of the "select all" button when trying to eliminate groups of system messages. With the messages mixed as they are, it is extremely rare that one can actually use the "select all" feature due to the intermixing of messages that one wants to keep.

Enlarging the checkboxes in the mailbox, or making them sensitive to proximity clicks, would reduce the need for such tedious precision when clicking, which slows down the process of working with multiple messages.

When opening and reading a message on any page other than page 1, the mailbox resets you back to page 1 when you close the message. It would be convenient to be able to remain in the page you are working in instead of being booted back to page 1 after every closure.

System messages concerning resource harvesting could include the city of origin in the subject line. If this issue were addressed, I would suggest rephrasing the subject line so as to present the information with more efficiency rather than having it just grow longer. Example: current message reads: Caravans begin gathering at square -589|492. To amend this, I would suggest: Clarion caravans begin gathering @ [-589|492]. (Clarion is the name of one of my towns.)

The ability to delete Sent Messages has already been mentioned, but I would emphasize the importance of that. Being able to archive or move messages into a "save" folder would be very helpful.

dunnoob View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunnoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 08:55
Originally posted by Abraxox Abraxox wrote:

Caravans begin gathering at square -589|492. To amend this, I would suggest: Clarion caravans begin gathering @ [-589|492]. (Clarion is the name of one of my towns.)
I'd hate that, because I often use the existing option to sort all trade mails by subject, and then delete blocks of "replaced", "disappointed", "returning", etc., keeping only fresh "begin gathering" mails for inspection (= will my van get the rest, or should I send another van to this spot => after that decision the "begin gathering" mail can be deleted by the ridiculous exit mail + flag it + scroll down + delete procedure, one of my two pet peeves in Illy.)
Rymal View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rymal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2012 at 04:40

It would be helpful if a single message could be sent to multiple players at one time. Not to an entire alliance, mind you, but having the option to send something to more than just a single player at a time would be helpful.

Agree +1  +1  +1   Clap

This would reduce the time I spend sending information to people and increase the time I spend playing.  
The optimist sees the glass to be 1/2 full; the pessimist sees it to be 1/2 empty and the engineer sees that the size of the glass needs to be changed!
Rohk View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rohk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 15:09
It would be really great if we could upload pictures into our PMs from our computers or copy and paste pictures in. Right now you can only upload them from URLs but it would be great if we could upload screenshots which would help in resolving some disputes without people having to reveal their email addresses.

Edited by Rohk - 16 Jul 2012 at 15:10

Devish View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Devish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 22:49

Amen...

Multiple recipients (CC), groups (like alliance leadership only), ability to create at least 1 of our own folders in the mail system, etc. -> these are all features I think everyone wants to see. In general, the alliance and email interfaces are nearly a nightmare if you are actively trying to lead an alliance, and the mail is a general nuisance for just about everyone.

The social tools are so very important in a MMO like this one. While everyone enjoys new features, I would, for one, like to see chat, email, and alliance interface all upgraded significantly based on USER feedback (that means us, the players). I am not much of a forum chatter, but I do read it regularly. I see so many great, and in some cases, just good common sense ideas on the forums. I would think fixing the social tools like mail would be fairly straight forward compared to major game updates.
Nuff said ...
Daefis View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daefis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 23:11
+many... The CC option for messages would be really useful......
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2012 at 17:34
Agree with the CC option. For real!
Bonfyr Verboo
Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2012 at 04:38
I would like CC or pick alliance ranks.

it's all easy peasy, right?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic