Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

email interface

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bow locks View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bow locks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 09:22
can we please see to which city the message applies? when you have multiple cities it is very hard to keep track.  there needs to be a column for 'cityname'.

thanks

bow
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HonoredMule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 16:17
^^ this especially.  It's particularly annoying when allies send resources out of the blue, and then I have to poke around to actually find out where.
kima View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2010 at 11:59
Originally posted by Rattlesnake Rattlesnake wrote:

Next and Previous links would also rock.

this would be very very very good..........
as the email box works also as report box from the system, it gets really annoying to always have to click "mail" to see the next report....
and also a delete option of the email on the mail box, i.e, you read it and delete it without having to click "mail" again............................

Edited by kima - 22 May 2010 at 12:00
If life doesn't break you today, don't worry... it will try again tomorrow!!
Ottar View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ottar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 10:54
Just logged into the forum to see if the "Mark as read" option was suggested. It has been...cool beanz Wink
Wuzzel View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wuzzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 18:46
Umz, i think you are confusing the forum and ingame mail.
bartimeus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartimeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 16:47
What does "Umz" mean?
Bartimeus, your very best friend.
Faya View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 03:03
Hey all,

Here are some suggestions I thought of one night when I was watching my buildings build... Feel free to comment. These suggestions have to so with the Email system:

Email:

1. In an email, what about a delete button on the email itself? It would be nice to delete a message Im done with as soon as Im done reading it instead of having to go back to mail and then delete it. 
  2. Auto Delete - I would love a auto-delete ability to be set PER type of mail (Military, magic, people, sent, etc). We should be able to set a auto deletion time that it would auto perge all mail older than the time, per type. So, if I set Military on 3 days and sent mail on 7 days and people on 0, it would never auto delete human mails to me, it would delete military emails after they were 3 days old and sent mail deleted after 7 days old. This would help keep the servers clean.
  3. Sorting Mail - I would love to see the ability to "sort" my game mail. For instance, if I receive something I want to keep, I could move it to a new "folder" I create (like I would do in my Outlook Email at home). 
  4. Turning system emails on and off - I think it would be nice if we could determine WHICH system mails we would like to see. For instance, I could care less that my caravans are returning. But I DO care when they arrive or if they get destroyed or bumped. I need Scout mission results and military success and failures, but may not care about others.
  5. Confederation mail - Have access for the "leaders" to allow confederation "leaders" mail your entire alliance as well, just like they were part of you mail. It would need to be a controlled access so only the founder (the person who control the capital city of the alliance), could send mail to all confederation alliances, or select which confederations alliances to send to. 
  6. Reply to Alliance/Forward - Would be handy to be able to forward a mail message a person sent you to your entire alliance. Kind of like a reply to alliance or a forward to them at least. Right now, you could only reply to the sender. 

Feel free to comment or add to!  

thx

Faya

Edited by Faya - 16 Aug 2010 at 06:13
Grunvagr View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grunvagr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 14:13

There are some things in my mailbox that I always want to keep.  Maybe for others it's a funny message, or an invitation to join an alliance and they want to hold that option open.

But everytime you raid or your caravans do stuff -- the inbox quickly fills up.   Then it's annoying to have to select those items to not delete EVERY TIME.

Suggestion:  Add a feature to 'keep for your records' or 'save' a mailbox item.  You can max it out at 10 or so, so players don't stress your servers.  But a way to save some mail AUTOMATICALLY every time if you toggle it on/off.

This would make it VERY easy to select all and delete your mailbox often - while still keeping those mails you find important.

Thanks,

-Grun

Grunvagr View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grunvagr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 03:20

One more.

Player messages in game should have a unique identifier.  That way players know another player sent it, and it's not a system-msg generated in the game (like caravans arrive, troops fight, etc)

Best way to code it in?  Use the same purple / light blue subtext that you see in the trading icon (the gold coins up top).

Green numbers at the top = mail messages

Purple numbers at the bottom = player sent messages

That would rock.

Edited by Grunvagr - 23 Sep 2010 at 03:56
some random guy View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote some random guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 01:37
umz is the wuzzel way of saying um.
Soon, very soon, my name will become synonymous with chicken alfredo.... mmm.... chicken alfredo....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic