Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

email interface

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 20:10
Originally posted by Rattlesnake Rattlesnake wrote:

As long as we're making a wish list, I'd like "mark as read" and "mark as unread" buttons.  That way when I have 10 messages about caravan movements, I can just clean them up without hitting the server 20 times (10 list views, 10 message views).

Likeiness.  Added.
GM Stormcrow | Twitter | Facebook | G+
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 20:13
Originally posted by KillerPoodle KillerPoodle wrote:

"Next and Previous links on individual emails"

And "Delete"

You don't need to support existing things on the "love list" KP - new items are welcome, but the rest is just post count Tongue
KillerPoodle View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerPoodle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 21:50
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

And "Delete"

You don't need to support existing things on the "love list" KP - new items are welcome, but the rest is just post count Tongue

Must have been late for me to have been so terse.  What I meant was - while you're doing those first two things (the ones I quoted) make sure to remember to add a delete button too.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2010 at 21:54

Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

And "Delete"

Must have been late for me to have been so terse.  What I meant was - while you're doing those first two things (the ones I quoted) make sure to remember to add a delete button too.

Ah, I'm just poking you for fun, KP - you're still one of my fave bughunters/petitioners!
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HonoredMule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 02:00
Select unread--useful for reading important messages then mass-deleting the spam we don't even need to open.

Archive with tagging--useful for record keeping, i.e. email shows what resources player B lent me, tagged as 'debt'.  Also allows me to clear out my inbox of old information without losing it outright.

Trash can:  I've already noticed that "deleted" messages still exist in the database, and can still be reached by URL if you remember the MsgID.  Given that, we might as well have a chance to correct accidental deletions or read deleted email if it's really important.  I like the idea of email that can't be truly deleted either.  Incorruptible paper trails can help keep people honest.

I hope that when you get around to linkifying all the various labels (player/town/alliance names, etc) that you do it universally...meaning in the bodies of system messages and anywhere that it is lacking outside the emails system as well (such as trade summary windows).
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HonoredMule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 05:21
One more: add a "Human messages only" category. 

There are several links to exclude messages not of a particular type from the system, but none to exclude all system messages themselves.  These various methods of filtering down to a particular type of system message are comparatively useless when you have to keep those messages deleted in order to find non-system messages anyway.

Edited by HonoredMule - 24 Mar 2010 at 05:27
Wuzzel View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wuzzel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 06:17
Make hyperlinks automatically clickable in the mail.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2010 at 08:18
Excellent suggestions all, HM.
Arcturas View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arcturas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 02:49
Hey,

Could you add auto-links to the character profile and/or rankings to the in-game mail system? So that if someone sends me a message, or if I send a scout mission to them and the system gives me an automated report on who I scouted/what's there, I can click on them and show ranking/more easily find their city. Or at the very least include the city coords in scout/military reports.

Arcturas
joekewl View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joekewl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 18:59
It would be really great if we could archive some messages. This way they are not in the general "inbox." It would make tracking conversations, targets, etc. much easier.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic