Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

email interface

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DDL View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 12:25
Originally posted by Venita Venita wrote:

Wish List :

Group mail, where I can specify members in a group and not have to forward, forward , forward.
(add a few more to that, we have a few council members)

thanks
Venita

Clap
GirlFromHell View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GirlFromHell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 16:56
Trash Mail

A place where deleted mails go to for maybe a day or so until they're deleted forever.

This is so that if someone accidentally deletes something, it can be recovered!
~Hell_Girl_Rei / -Nyx-

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
Princess Botchface View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Botchface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 16:26
Originally posted by Venita Venita wrote:

Group mail, where I can specify members in a group and not have to forward, forward , forward.
(add a few more to that, we have a few council members)

Agreed! forwarding ten messages to four or five different people over and over again really gets old fast. 

Or maybe just allowing me to type in multiple recipients or CC and BCC lines. 
Turgon of Rhavenia View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turgon of Rhavenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 22:25
+1 to the CC/BCC idea.
I think it would also be nice to be able to search you inbox, especially for people storing info it would be a big help
Another idea of mine would be having file folders, I.E. alliance folder, Friend folder, personal folder, and the ability to make your own folder.
Thanks!
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 12:31
I did create a userscript based tool (part of DurcTools) that allowed you to:
  •  search your mail for messages from:
  • Specific player
  • Member of specific alliance
  • A word appearing in the subject.
  •  send a message to up to 5 recipients without having to retype the message.

Unfortunately it no longer works however I am still thinking about a method of being able to have a simple to implement /use folder system that would hopefully be easy enough for the Devs to implement rather than having to rely on an external tool like mine (you need to be able to run userscripts which certainly rules out most mobile users).

I'm doubtful if I'll be able to get the multi-send part working again (it involved some fairly tricky code that even back then I didn't fully understand) but I may be able to get the search part working again. It will however take some time.

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 14:11
The mail search tool in DurcTools is working again. To get it to know about all your current mails you will need to let it scan each page of your in and sent boxes - just load each page of them one after the other.

Note that if you want to search for all mails to or from an alliance you need to enclose the tag in [].

When searching you can only search for one word at a time. The words you can search for are:
  • The name of the sender
  • The tag of the senders alliance
  • Any single word appearing in the mail subject line.

Clicking on the subject field in the results will open that message.

When you have search results shown you can check the box on the left to select it and then delete it from the database (it doesn't delete it from the game server). If you then scan the page in the in-game mail system that has that message it will be re-entered into the database.

Any problems or comment please post in the DurcTools thread.

Tucic View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tucic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2023 at 00:39
I do not know if this has been mentioned but can we please do something about people on your blocked list being able to message you to spam/troll?

Unsure if this would be the right thread for that. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic