Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDlords Claiming of space for Home.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
belargyle View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dlords Claiming of space for Home.
    Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 06:48

Greetings Lords and Ladies, and others of desired ill repute,

I am making this declaration as others are getting closer and closer to our chosen Homeland. You will notice on the Strategic map (with the designation Dlord) that we have a cluster that forms an rounded triangle near 400, -400 area. This area extends from approx 356, -308 to 432, -436, and over to 292, -440. This has been our home since the magic move. We have not declared this area previously because not many were near us but times are now forcing the issue.
We desire none but the Dlords to be within this area. If a newbie player is set there, that is obviously different and we will aid them in growing and protection till such time as they choose an alliance and move toward that safety.  However, all others (meaning second or more cities of an account) that set up on or most especially within that area shown and provided, will be met with force and removed from that region.

Order in which action takes place.
1. Message sent to person and alliance to whom they are or might be allied, requesting removal.
....removal includes, them moving all resources and items to a safe place. We will aid in rebuilding their new city, amount given to be determined.
2. 2nd message sent.
3. City will be removed from the area.
To our allies we simply request you let us know if you will be setting up near us so we can set up others near there if necessary to aid with whatever might be needed. If you wish to set up within our selected area, please bring it to our attention and discussion will be brought.
Thank you for your kindness and consideration.

High King of the Dwarven Lords,
Belargyle
Grego View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 14:57
Is this much different from Mal Motshan territorial claims? 

Edited by Grego - 25 Jan 2011 at 15:11
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 16:09
Once again, I can't quite understand why people think they can claim area's of the map as if they own them. Unless you're willing to transfer funds to peoples paypal accounts so they can use prestige to save time on rebuilding a city that took X amount of time (oh and provide the resources for it as well) I don't see this offer even somewhat acceptable.

Why people are taking inspiration from TMM is beyond me.
Sloter5 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 16:38
There will always be dificulties with claims such as this i think.What if someone leaves Dlord and join other alliance,what of Dlord players that are out of the cluster, what about trade hubs that are in Dlord cluster.Does one sided claim obligates other near by alliance in looking out for Dlords "borders"?What about Goonie cities within Dlord cluster.What about Peace, they will have to be mindful about further expansion.How does this reflect on harvesting?

Time will tell how it works out.

On one side i do understand strategyc need to have distance from other alliances, but it will be difficult to implement theory in reality, there will always be situation that was not forseen when claims have been made.
Llyorn Of Jaensch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 17:06
Originally posted by Sloter5 Sloter5 wrote:

There will always be dificulties with claims such as this i think.What if someone leaves Dlord and join other alliance,what of Dlord players that are out of the cluster, what about trade hubs that are in Dlord cluster.Does one sided claim obligates other near by alliance in looking out for Dlords "borders"?What about Goonie cities within Dlord cluster.What about Peace, they will have to be mindful about further expansion.How does this reflect on harvesting?

All fair issues raised I fear.
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 17:35
Sure those are issues...

Luckily for us we're trying to build a competetive and fun game... not a game where everything has to be 'fair' and easy. Territorial claims is the way things are going to go I reckon. Even more so when pathfinding/tolls/walled areas and many other planned features might/will be implemented.

So I say props to DLords for being upfront with the community about their plans for a small area of the world map, and about the repercussions for disrupting those plans. And if anyone has a problem with DLord's "claiming territory" I suggest you take offence with your actions and not your words. Wink

edit: also I can see Dlord are currently totally hemmed in on 4 sides by [good] [peace] [GOON] and [VIC]... also all top 10 alliances like Dlords... if I was in DLords' position I think I'd be making sure their neighbours knew the ground rules too. ^^

Actually it quite surprises me that there is such a concentration of top 10 alliances that relocated to 1 area of the world map... tbh the only other alliance blocks away from the centre that I can think of currently are Harmless in the SW and CURSE in the NW

Edited by Createure - 25 Jan 2011 at 17:51
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 19:02
I see many, many Dlord cities located well outside the Dlord territory.  Does Dlord intend to relocate these Dlord cities into the Dlord lands?
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 19:18
Aesir Claim all territory between -1000 to 1000. both north and south and east and west!Cool
Tolf View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 19:23
Originally posted by Brids17 Brids17 wrote:

... I don't see this offer even somewhat acceptable.

I blelive it doesnt have to be, Dlord could also claim that all H? players change their description to "Slave of Dlord". It then comes up to who challenges the claim, and what does Dlord do to uphold it. Luckily we all have troops to sort things out Wink

Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 21:30
@Tolf: I agree 100%, pretty much exactly what I was trying to say in a less concise form. ^^
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic