Topic ClosedMarketplace Use

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Duuvian View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marketplace Use
    Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 00:57
[00:20] <naivuud>I sent gold to people, since it's easier then me asking who needs what resource
[00:22] <naivuud>to exchange that into resources, just put up 1-1 offers in the marketplace (open up marketplace, go to the tab labeled 'New' and set offers to Buy r amount for a type of resource for x amount gold
[00:23] <naivuud>I recommend 1-1 offers for resources, but if you'd like to buy advanced or input a better deal, you would be well advised to check the 'Available' tab first and input an offer that beats the current ones
[00:23] <naivuud>this should mean a pretty quick deal, especially if people are speculating (which I encourage for this reason)
[00:25] <naivuud>for buying resources, it doesn't matter what size your caravans are, only how many you have and how fast they go, since one caravan can carry any amount of gold
[00:25] <naivuud>how much a caravan can carry only matters for selling resources
[00:46] <naivuud>also, it helps to request multiples of 3000, for example 102000 food for 102000 gold (or 120000 gold if you want to reward people for selling in bulk)
[00:48] <naivuud>because caravan size is from largest to smallest 3000, 1500, 1000, 600, and 300 if I remember correctly. 3000 can be divided by them all evenly except for 600 I'm fairly certain
[00:50] <naivuud>Also, the max size people can ship with a 20 marketplace using all their caravans is 120000. I'd recommend omething slightly smaller in case they want to use a couple caravans for their own buy orders
[00:50] <naivuud>hope all that info helped

One more thing that I've been doing that may not be a bad idea if you have the time and patience to do it: I generally put up only a couple offers for 102000 resources and use the rest of my caravans to do a variety of offers, as small as 3000r=3000g or even a few 300r=300g. This is to allow smaller players who maybe eyeing that 102000 offer wistfully to participate in trading their excess resources for some much needed gold.

I also recommend possibly rewarding players for selling in bulk, as it uses up the majority of their caravans to sell 102000 at a time. To this end I usually pay 120000g for 102000r and do a 1-1 exchange rate for smaller orders.
Duuvian View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 02:07
Also, I'm terrible at math apparently, as 3000 is obviously divisible by 600
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 02:28
Good Advice you have there, you should lower the market prices more, it'll be easier with more people helpingBig smile

And if there's anyone out there that has multiple level 20 marketplaces that has enough caravans and resources to send 240k+ of the four basic resources message me ingame and I'll pay 1 to 1, i am willing to negotiate a bit higher though
Tordenkaffen View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011 at 11:51
I actually think a minimum reasonable price pr basic resource-gold ratio would be 1:2, since the seller is tying down (all) his caravans while he waits for people to offer and delivers the goods, the buyer only needs to send out one. Pricing the resources alone seems like a bad deal for the seller.
Duuvian View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 22:42
That's a good point. I suppose it's up to the seller to figure out what is a good price to sell at.
xBloodxPoolx View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2011 at 23:22

I have built up a lot of recources and am willing to negotiate reasonable prices.

Duuvian View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2011 at 00:45
Well, how I do it for advanced resources is to check the available offers for a particular advanced resource, then find how many gold per one that the best seller's offer is per advanced resource. After that I simply beat that price with my own sell order. It proves to be pretty successful, especially if you are putting up a series of smaller orders at the same rate instead of one large order, since smaller transactions will widen the amount of people who can afford to buy it.

For large trades for now, a new forum thread for each resource would probably be the most elegant solution, perhaps in a new trading forums here (psst devs) set up specifically for the purpose. Perhaps it could even be further segregated into different sized orders. That way people could post they have a surplus and are willing to trade, and it would be sorted chronologically the way forums are.

That should work until there is no longer a cap on caravan numbers.
xBloodxPoolx View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 22:10
I think their are a few things that could be improved in the marketplace and hopefully the update does that.
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2011 at 22:43
Well now since you people's can't message me if you have resources to offer. I'm just putting up offers to buy 120k of each basic for 150k gold.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic