Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedQuestions about Thieves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mandarins31 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 14:37

Thanks The Dude and Createure for your detailled answers and corrections Smile

Obviously, just have to verify for the carrying capacity for simple and advanced thieves.

If steal ourself is considerd as a cheat to transport ressources faster, GM's may have already prevent people to be able to steal their own towns no?

Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

Hey, M31...I like your post.  I like your inqueries.  You've been thinking about Illy.  I enjoy these detailed discussions.  

Thanks, i do my best to understand the machinery of the game in details, and help the ones who will read this kind of topics.

Originally posted by The_Dude The_Dude wrote:

I get to help...and, as others show, I continue to learn.

I was sure i wasn't the only one who wasnt totally clear with thieves :), even if we are playing for a long time there are always details we dont know or forget. Personnally i never really used thieves, but now im thinking about to use them often, that's why i made this topic.

GODsDestroyer : about how to calculate ranking points earned by attacker or defender who uses thieves, i think that's a bit out of the subject because you can't reply to this question without talking about the ranking points you earn whith scout, spy, sabotage and assassination actions.

but if someone can explain how is that calculated, would be intersting to know as well :)

Edited by Mandarins31 - 17 Jan 2011 at 15:16
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 15:20
Originally posted by Mandarins31 Mandarins31 wrote:

...i never really used thieves, but now im thinking about to use them often, that's why i made this topic.

Shocked
*G0DsDestroyer points at TD

Get him he knows nothing about thievesWink

As far as the diplomatic  rank, we're working on it.
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 15:52

well i just verified for the points that wasn't clear:

so simple and advanced thives have the same carrying capacity and it's 50.

and you can steal your own cities. would be nice to know if this is really a game abuse or not :)
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 15:58
Back in May or June, a couple of players were discovered to be self-sabotaging to skip building levels...Place Con 10 and Con 11 in the queue, then sabo Con 10 early, recover the salvage, and Con 11 would complete without Con 10 ever having been built.

They were banned from Illy as I recall.  And the Devs changed the Sabos so they attack the queues randomly instead of sequentially.

I would suggest not using thieves as a speedy caravan substitute.  A one-off test like this will not concern the GMs, though.  Abuse of game loopholes is frowned upon by the GMs.
Createure View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 17:43
Yeh I'm sure people are welcome to do their best to find bugs in the game, that's fine. Just make sure you report them. ;)

And with UI_V2 I'm sure there will be some increadibly strange and intricate combinations of actions that only a player could come up with to create bugs... which i'm sure the dev team would LOVE to know about. Big smile
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 17:55

im not really sure that would be a game abuse, because it would ask many theives and so ask a high unkeep to have enough thieves to significally increase your carrying speed for only one city.
and anyway GM's will pull off the caravans limitation in the future updates and make these cost un upkeep.
SirTwitchy View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 23:13
if thieves steal from yourself , and you have thieves within the city, they will fight each other, we have stolen from ourselves and each other in the past, but you need to make sure the tieves and runes are down when stealing from friendlies
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 23:13
Originally posted by SirTwitchy SirTwitchy wrote:

if thieves steal from yourself , and you have thieves within the city, they will fight each other, we have stolen from ourselves and each other in the past, but you need to make sure the thieves and runes are down when stealing from friendlies
The_Dude View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 23:37
Well, I reckon that is one way to pump up your diplo score.  Sounds like abuse to me, though.
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 23:43
It wasnt done to bump any score, only to see what would happen. I got my diplo score fair and square. But a mate was sieging a city while I was thieving it, he captured the city and my thieves then stole from him a few hours later. We then tried thieving from ourselves to see what happened, and were successful, this was months back and I dont know if it has changed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic