Topic ClosedUpdate 29NOV10 - Trade v2 Part 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
jamieh View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 18:04
@KeJoRo

What you're describing is called an "Iceberg order" and i agree that it would be great to have this as an option. However, this would have to be broken down into tranches as if you are trying to sell 100,000 resources, you wouldnt want to have someone saying "i'll have 1000 of that" and constantly sending out caravans half empty. Worse still would be taking your example of 100 cows where all 100 fit in one caravan, if someone was taking 10 cows at a time you would have to use 10 vans rather than just one, putting the seller at a major disadvantage.

I too like the distance checker, although i mutter to myself when somone doesn't have caravanseri and i accept a trade! it would be nice to be able to see a "walk time" factored in - although i'm sure the admins are way ahead of me and tbh, it wouldnt bother me if this wasn't implemented.

All in all, i am really feeling this new trading V2 and think it has really opened up the trading side of the game. ( i too wasnt really a fan of trying to weed out random bartering agreements)

Edited by jamieh - 01 Dec 2010 at 18:11
bartimeus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 18:19
Originally posted by jamieh jamieh wrote:

What you're describing is called an "Iceberg order" and i agree that it would be great to have this as an option. However, this would have to be broken down into tranches as if you are trying to sell 100,000 resources, you wouldnt want to have someone saying "i'll have 1000 of that" and constantly sending out caravans half empty. Worse still would be taking your example of 100 cows where all 100 fit in one caravan, if someone was taking 10 cows at a time you would have to use 10 vans rather than just one, putting the seller at a major disadvantage.

That wouldn't be a probleme if only we could make the player accepting the deal to provide the caravans capacity for both. He would send 10 caravans with gold (even known he only need one) and use those caravans to take the rescources back on their way home.

Edited by bartimeus - 01 Dec 2010 at 18:19
Bartimeus, your very best friend.
Torn Sky View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 21:17
i believe thats the idea Bartimeus, when all said and done buyers will provide caravans for both parts of a transaction, if i read it correctly in the Newness or some other thread GM SC posted on 
bartimeus View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 06:13
Your rigth it was allready mentioned in that thread;
I guess it means we could sell stuff in any size of lots.
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

If a player wishes to buy goods from you at your city, he will need to send a caravan over to your city bearing sufficient Gold to buy the things you are selling, and he will bring back the goods that he bought.  The King's Excisemen will ensure the goods are there in the players' city and that they get loaded into the buying players' caravans when they're paid for, but they'll tax the seller for this service.

My apologies for my last post. English isn't my first language and it sometime shows.
Bartimeus, your very best friend.
jamieh View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2010 at 20:45
In that case, problem solved!
KeJoRo View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2010 at 11:36
@Jamieh

I didn't know it was called that. You learn something new everyday I guess! Tongue

It doesn't really matter now since it's the buyer who has to worry about the caravans, but the way I imagined it is if you willingly set aside the caravans available. For example, in my cow example, if I was willing to sacrifice five caravans, I could make that sell order, but keep four caravans on standby, only allowing people accept orders in multiples of 20. The same could be said for saving two caravans, allowing players only to accept orders of 50 or 100, etc.

However, this doesn't really matter anymore anyway Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic