Topic ClosedTournament Suggestions/Improvements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Lionz Heartz View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 00:44
Originally posted by Noryasha Grunk Noryasha Grunk wrote:

Of course hI can take criticism. Other people hef pointed out flaws in da tourney. But dey did it vitout beink rude and insultink. Or annoyink, vhich is maybe da vorst vone. Trust me, hI do not hef my feelinks hurt!But dis still means var. It is a matter of honour. And dis vill not be vone of da fun sorts of vars dat hI hef had vit others.

All you have to do is send me a picture of yourself in real life. If you look like Megan Fox in real life, I will say I am sorry. If not, cry home to mommy. lol
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 07:05
Originally posted by G0DsDestroyer G0DsDestroyer wrote:

lol those armies are bigger than all of mine combined in all cities(for now)

BUT PLEASE PEOPLE THIS POST IS FOR SUGGESTIONS NOT ABOUT OTHER THINGS, WE"RE TRYING TO IMPROVE TOURNAMENTS

I believe your complaining and Censored about the tournament should be posted in  a different place.
This is not a place for anything other than improvement suggestions of tournaments, make your own thread if you wish to complain.
If you want to fight it out over the tournament then do so, it'll be a nice show while we wait for something to happen.
Sir Spamalot View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 14:44
After reading through the thoughts posted here, I wonder if perhaps the developers could do one of two things.
1) After the flag square has been selected, a staging ground could be established.  This would be an area where armies from different players could be housed without coming into conflict with each other.  At the start of the tourney, they could sally forth when commanded.  This eliminates the distance problem.
     1.5) The staging area could also be used to establish predetermined limits on army size.  For instance, the organizer might decide each competitor could use no more than 10,000 units.  The make-up of that army would be up to the competitor, but the total number of units could not exceed the cap set by the organizer.  The competitor would also decide at what point to send units out along with what type of units and how many.
2) The developers could establish a dedicated arena for these tourneys.  When a player signs up to compete, she creates her army for the tourney, and it is magically transported to the arena.  Each competitor would start from a different square at the edge of the area, thereby ensuring an equidistant starting distance for all.  This would also help eliminate long travel times to the tourney site.
     2.5) I think this could also be modified to set army size limits if desired, and to determine when and how many reinforcements could be sent to the arena.
Lionz Heartz View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 15:17
BUY IN LOOT

I feel in order for the tournament to work better in the future, there needs to be buy-ins for the players that want to enter the tournament. The top 3 place finishers will get the loot based on a percentage etc. I really do not like the idea we have now that the host, admins, and watchers of the tournament will provide loot for the player. I find this to be stupid and not able to work for the long-term. I got a message from GM Stormcrow that said he and the devs will not be offering anymore loot for tournaments. He wants the players to run the tournament and provide the loot.

Here are some examples I have in mind for loot:

1) Gold buy-in, I am not sure how much, but I figure when gold is worth something by the time TRADE v2 comes out this could work and we can figure out a good gold buy in for the tournament.

2) Would be weapons, leathers or something... Not sure how much, but I think it will be hard for all players to provide 1000 cows etc or more to just enter...

3) Maybe once trade v 2 comes out we can provide the military units you can purchase from trade v 2....

Just some thoughts I have to make loot work better.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 17:12
Originally posted by Lionz Heartz Lionz Heartz wrote:

I got a message from GM Stormcrow that said he and the devs will not be offering anymore loot for tournaments. He wants the players to run the tournament and provide the loot.

To be fair, I didn't completely rule it out for the future.

I think it is extremely likely that in the future we will "officially" organise some kind of regularly scheduled tournament(s) with more of these unique rewards.  This is likely to take the form of an individual tournament and an alliance tournament.

However, we are snowed under atm with everything that's being prepared for UI v2 and Trade v2, and we do have many other things on the dev list, and so "official" tournaments are probably many moons away. 

In the meantime, we are most keen on further player-run tournaments being organised - or at the very least the mechanics of how they might work being discussed actively in this thread. 

If it turns out (and I hope it doesn't) that the consensus amongst the playerbase is that dev involvement is a sine qua non of organising future tournaments then we may as well wait for "official" tournaments further down the line.  But I fear it'll be quite a long wait.

Regards,

SC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic