Topic ClosedMilitary encampments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
mario omega View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Military encampments
    Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 03:30
Hey i dont now if soveriaghty alredy dous this but i want or if there alredy is a military move that i can make an encampment that works like barraks and can produce weapons not using city resorces but resorce bonus that it produces so it if gets attack and sorvives it can produce more soldire of their own.

I think the bonus part is soveriaghty but if it cant do the weapons thing please keep it in mind :D
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 03:34
If you have researched the right soveriegnty then you can build one structure on one square. you can have an army on that square to claim levels of sov. faster(army has to occupy that square). There are buildings that decrease the time that a military unit takes to be made and basically any other item in the game has a sov. building that decreases build time.
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 05:06
yea but i mean can you produce the items to produce soldires produce them and train them and use them to attack.So im saying doing all that withoght returning to your city its a good idea like a defens outpost or something like that
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 15:03
Can't be done. Best you can do is occupy a square for 15 days(basically) that's the best thing that can be done at the moment.
Torn Sky View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 17:14
your suggesting being able to build a barracks on a sov square? if so that wont happen as it stands now you can get a 50-80% with 10 sov squares specializing on 1 unit while being able to build actual barracks would give 1000% with the same 10 sov squares
King EAM View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 20:46
1000% Seems like a little to much.
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 21:46
You can get much more than 50-80% production boost.  I have a city that produces 346.9 Wardancers per day at its current 182% sovereignty, and I still have 28% more to gain before it loses self-sufficiency (and starts needing books to cover research upkeep at 40% tax).

Sovereignty is where Stormcrow's dream of making specialization worthwhile starts to bud.
Torn Sky View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 21:50
yea i was on my break at work realized my mistake after i had clicked reply and phone controls are to big a hassle to fix then, 50-80% would be 10 lvl 1 squs while 10 lvl 5 squs would give 250-400% bonus but still way shy of having 11 barracks
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 22:12
well i hope they make something that we can make portable barraks like a defense outpost so like i said if we get attack it can build more soldirs of their own.

or if we can send reinforcements to my own army.
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2010 at 23:24
That doesn't make any sense.  You might be able to hire mercenaries who randomly cross your path, but they generally come from a recruiting station in safe territory (your city).  The further you are from home, the more likely peasants are to either flee or stay home to directly protect their families from whatever trouble might be coming.  Away from home you can't even recruit new faces let alone train them into soldiers.

And realistic recruitment doesn't have such a tight turnaround time either.  The short train time in Illyriad is justified by the fact that they're "built" one at a time.  Real training happens in large groups that take at least months just for grunts.  Illyriad's troop production may be reasonable in terms of long-term volume, but if you stayed in one place long enough to completely train troops, it would be in large volumes and by the time you're done that place would be a city.

What you can do is split your troops into up to 5 armies per city.  You can always send armies home in shifts to pick up more troops before heading back out, or make new armies to send out directly if you're under the limit.  That's good enough for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic