Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 14:24
Originally posted by Zangi Zangi wrote:

Or at least open them up for settlement... after the AI and Trade V2 goes live. 

Monster Hunters can establish a new settlement as a 'beachhead', sending armies and gold to that settlement straight from the start.

Then the fight for Normandy begins!  Once the beachhead is secure... after countless casualties....  push in! 

For glory and loot!

Yes, these are the lines along which we're thinking.
Beengalas View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 17:06
How will diplomatic attacks like theft work vs faction?

I assume stealing from their capital would be, at best, hardly worth it, but how about smaller cities they control? If its possible to steal, and one get 'completely success' will then the rating with that faction lower? Even if they don't know it was me?
CranK View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 17:16
Originally posted by Beengalas Beengalas wrote:

How will diplomatic attacks like theft work vs faction?

I assume stealing from their capital would be, at best, hardly worth it, but how about smaller cities they control? If its possible to steal, and one get 'completely success' will then the rating with that faction lower? Even if they don't know it was me?

Good question.Clap I didn't think about that but its really good to know if theft lowers relations with that faction.
col0005 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 01:13

Also what about any diplomatic attacks that are discovered. Scouts don't do any damage and you may want to know how many troops the faction you have a +100 rating with could send to you aid This shouldn't be frowned upon because you can't simply ask an NPC as you can with a real player.

Noryasha Grunk View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 03:00
Actually, I was wondering about what was said earlier about demolishing your own cities. There have been a few situations already where I've REALLY wanted to do this. Will it end up being possible?
Jerec Cross View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 04:37
Yes, is the Demolition skill able to completely remove your city, if you wish?  Or if it isn't yet could it be possible to make it so?
col0005 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 07:52

I suppose if you wanted different resource plots this could be useful, but remember that demolishing a city is probbabbly going to be utterly pointless. There is going to be the option to MOVE your cities. If you can simply move your city at the cost of some of your buildings then there is really no point in destroying them. An ingame mechanic whereby you can re-settle with new plots is all thats needed.

P.s. we will be able to re-settle without the spell, for the cost of some of the buildings in that city.
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 14:04
"demolishing a city is probbabbly going to be utterly pointless."

Yeah. No. This isn't the case. It won't be the case. With city progression working the way it does, there are plenty of good reasons to demolish cities, and there always will be. The biggest one is simply this - The city you would have the option of conquering has more pop in it than one of your cities does.
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 00:54
Noticed an inconsistency for one of the factions. The text for the Drangu Mundas (Ogres) implies they should be friendly with the Foshnu Ob Wulpor (Wulpor) but this is not the case.
Brids17 View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 06:52
Out of curiosity, why do inactive no long produce resources? This makes thieves a lot less useful as the only time you'll use them now is during war. I also used to know someone who used to support thousands of thieves by stealing resources and gold in order to support them, this update makes that impossible now, which is kind of unfortunate as it was a really cool idea. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic