illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heavy In-Game Lag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TheBillPN View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBillPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heavy In-Game Lag
    Posted: 03 May 2020 at 01:05
Recently I have noticed a lot of lag in certain areas of the game. Most notably when levelling commanders, where it takes anywhere between 10-45 seconds for the game to become responsive again and in the sovereignty screen, where I actually receive a "page unresponsive" warning from my web browser (I usually use chrome, but I've double checked on firefox and mobile too) ON EVERY SINGLE SOVEREIGNTY CLAIM. It gets worse the more commanders and the more claimed squares you have respectively. 

Some other issues I've noticed include double messages in the chat, unresponsive pages for opening the world map (no images load and nothing can be interacted with) or the IGM page, and the trade markets not opening.

Hopefully it's not just my game and this is a more common issue that others are seeing, but either way, needs addressing and I need help.
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2020 at 03:49
Yes I've experienced the same thing especially for commanders can be very annoying.
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 20:32
Doesn't sound right; could you raise a petition saying which town and player you are experiencing this in?
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 03:20
From my understanding between personal experience and talking with others if you have >10 commanders it starts to become very noticeable. 

As for petition I haven't seen anything that suggests those are actually viewed, I have petitions going back to 2012 that are still 'new.'  Seems like that would just be adding to the backlog. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 03:27
Example town would be helpful, then?
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 04:33
My town 24. DealerEast has this lag problem.  
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 07:21
@DeathDealer89 - I can confirm that tickets are looked at. I think a lot of the tickets probably don't contain enough info to actualy define what the issue is or be able to re-create it. Certainly when I look back at some of my tickets they were absolutely useless to being able to identify let alone solve the issues.

Developing Durctools I learned a lot about troubleshooting software and I cringe when I see how little info I gave the devs when I was asking them to solve an issue. That said, not everyone has the same experiences as I do so are unsure/unable to include all the info that the devs would find helpful.

Tens
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2020 at 23:58
Originally posted by DeathDealer89 DeathDealer89 wrote:

My town 24. DealerEast has this lag problem.  

Have sped up the commander page some; and added extra enchantments. However it will require a much larger rework to work better with the number of commanders in that town.

You know; if you don't want them, you can retire commanders that aren't in an army on the Military Overview page?
TheBillPN View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBillPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 01:21
Originally posted by GM ThunderCat GM ThunderCat wrote:

Doesn't sound right; could you raise a petition saying which town and player you are experiencing this in?

I'll do this right away, sorry for the delay in replying, busy RL at the moment. Just for quick reference, it is my town of Kelsier, and as for recreating the issue, its just a matter of levelling a commander I have. Happens on all of them (currently only have 5), for every level I gave them.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic