illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No Chat in Firefox?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jadefae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadefae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Chat in Firefox?
    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 20:33
For 2 days now I have had no chat on my Firefox browser. Is anyone else running into this?

Ticket number 13173
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 23:55
What version of Firefox Jadefae? I had a similar problem with Developer Edition of Firefox earlier and that was down to them implementing the change to not supporting TLS 1.1 early.

I found a workaround that made it work again:

Press CTRL + SHIFT + K to open the console.
Reload Illy and look for a message in the console saying that something was blocked/failed due to TLS version. Open the blocked URL in a new tab and it should show a dialog giving you the option to enable the previous version of TLS but it does say they will be permanently blocked in a future version. Doing that and then reloading allows the chats to work again.

Tens
Jadefae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadefae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 09:26
Seems that whatever the server issue were cause it. But thanks for trying to help tens you is awesomeness!
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 09:33
Glad you're back up and running :)

The original post by TC on the problem is linked below.
Beleg View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 09:39
*** Chat disconnected - retrying ***
Thirion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thirion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 10:41
Same here. Tried what Tensmoor suggested but i didn't get an option to chose another TLS version. It might be a different problem though. as i get "PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR".
Beleg View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 13:27
It's back after logging in again (and clearing cache) but maybe that's not what fixed it.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 15:38
I did have chats working in Firefox v73.0.1 however after upgrading to v74.0 all chats are now gone.
I'm looking to see if there is a good method of being able to roll back to the previous version.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 18:09
Chats now working in Firefox v74.0 Thumbs Up
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 20:13
Should be fixed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic