illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ten's Town Tournament #1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ten's Town Tournament #1
    Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 17:57
Ten's Town Tournament #1 is on the way!

Work on the tourney maker site has just about been completed so I've decided that I'll run a small hunting tourney to test it. It will start at 00:00:01 09 March 2020 and run till 23:59:59 on 29 March 2020.

This tourney is based on individual towns not alliances or players organised into 5 divisions based on the population of the town.
  • Div 1 100 - 9,999 town pop
  • Div 2 10,000 - 19,999 pop
  • Div 3 20,000 - 24,999 pop
  • Div 4 25,000 - 29,999 pop
  • Div 5 30,000 - 99,999 pop
The scoring for the tournament is the total number of NPCs killed by units from a town. NPCs are the standard NPCs not faction or player troops and only attacks instigated by a player will be accepted - no reports from attacks on your towns or camps by others.

Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 towns in each division - I've yet to decide exactly what those prizes will be but I'm thinking some of the better crafted items and possibly some gold but there will not be any medals for this tourney. I will also be selecting some towns from Div 1 to recieve extra prizes that are not based on their position in the Div.

I'll be making a separate post with details of how to take part but the important points are:
  • No need to register.
  • No need to share API keys.
Tens
Kimmyeo View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kimmyeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 18:01
ClapClapClap  Yay! THanks Tens!
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagavulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 18:06
I love this Tens and have posted it in our AC.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 18:47
How to take part

To take part in a particular tournament you the player need to submit any combat reports that you want included in that tournament. You can submit the same report to multiple tournaments if it meets the requirements for those tournaments.

To submit a report go to the Tourney Maker site and click the Tournaments button. On the table that is shown click the name of the tournament you want to submit the report to.

This will show the current standings of the tournament along with buttons to refresh the standings and submit a report. Clicking the later will show an input for the URL of the report you want to submit. Please note that this is NOT the url shown when you are reading the report in Illy - it is the URL of the XML file.

What the heck is a URL I hear some ask. Simply put it is a unique address for any file on the whole internet.
To get the URL of the combat report you want to submit scoll down to the bottom of the report and look for the big red button labeled XML. From there you can get the URL in two ways.
  1. Click the button to open the XML file in a new tab/window and then copt everything in the address bar of that new tab/window.
  2. Right click on the XML button and select 'Copy link location' from the popup (the prompt may vary from browser to browser).
Now that you have the URL you can paste it into the input in Tourney Maker and click OK. You should then get a message telling you if the report was added to the tournament or not. If it was then you need to click the Refresh Standings button to see it included.

That is how you submit reports. If you want to give it a go visit the Tourney Maker site and select the Dummy Tournament.

If you have problems please give me a shout and I'll talk you through it Wink

Tens
Sir Ivanhoe View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Ivanhoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 19:08
Nice Ten's. Looking forward to the competition. Wink
ElfLark View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ElfLark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 17:56
Super! Thank you...
Who would you be if you stopped being all the things you are not?
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 11:33
This should now be fully enabled for anyone to create and run their own tournaments. Remember - the organiser is responsible for any prizes/medals. Devs will not be issuing them (unless you can convince them to sponsor yours).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic