illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skyfallen Stones vs. Herbs (etc.?)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
JohnConn View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnConn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skyfallen Stones vs. Herbs (etc.?)
    Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 04:03
I had tried posting this before, but was rejected.

Lagavulin had posted that Herbs take precedence over Skyfallen Stones, but only had 1 Cotter.

I had 6 and they still never got to the Stones!!

I presume this would happen on Minerals too; and probably Hides when there are enough present that your Cotters can't get them all in 20 hours.

ALSO - the clock was weird! (thanks for fixing it so it counts down on each cycle for the Cotters, BTW).

"Weird how?" You might ask. :)

After being present for 10 hours, it still showed 16 hours remaining. I checked back every hour for a couple of cycles. Still 16. I watched it cycle down, at which point it showed 15h 59m, etc.

But when I navigated away from the page and then back to it, sure enough 16h remained!

Technically, 16h 59m 59s and counting.

I actually thought this meant it was freaking out because of the Stones and that I'd, eventually, get to the Stones - but it eventually righted itself and got down to zero; at which I had my 600 Herbs and the Cotters returned home.

Still not Stones...

Thanks!
greir View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 15:46
Ditto. Why hasn't the developers fixed this yet?
Peace
JohnConn View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnConn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 06:04
@Cerberus?

How do I call out Admins on this?

Could someone please address Skyshards vs. Herbs/Minerals?
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 06:45
There are various ways to get a hold of the devs. But I bet the forums here are the best way and I am sure they see 99.9% of the forum threads and topics created here. Maybe this little error is bigger to fix than a few clicks. Hard to say :) 

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:50
I subscribe to Josh remarks:
Fixing the precedences on harvesting is obvioulsy tricky! even more when you consider the difficulties of it, rel. anatomies! i.e. which parts are got, what's the rate of decay, etc.

Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:54
(Recently, my skinners were identified as harvesting entrails - I assumed that would get some, but in the end, a few hours later, no entrails were delivered, only worthless skins!. Disappointing — and costly to buy on the markets the item!)

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 12:45
That has been the case as long as I've played Illy. Just send them back there and eventually you'll get all the parts including the entrails.
Cat View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 17:05
You have to send enough cotters to harvest all the basic herbs or basic minerals on the square, then your cotters will start harvesting the stones or other items. Of course if it's an herb this will deplete the herb, so decide whether it's worth it if it's your favourite herb patch.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 07:23
Can you confirm whether new skyfalls are appearing on herb/mineral patches?  

I was labouring under the apprehension that we'd fixed this - and any skyfallen stones on herb and mineral patches were legacy falls - once harvested that's be the end of it.

Cheers,

SC
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2020 at 14:21
I've done a scan of the complete map and have a database of all the tiles that as of 14 Jan 2020 had splinters and either minerals or herbs on them. I've made a page where you can type in the coords of a tile with herbs/minerals and splinters to see if it is a new or old one.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic