Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Assassins vs encampments & unassigned Commanders?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Assassins vs encampments & unassigned Commanders?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mist View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Assassins vs encampments & unassigned Commanders?
    Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 04:51
I've read on the grand Illy changes document from 2011 that it was planned to allow Assassins to attack encamped armies, such as seige encampments. Subsequent posts in the forum indicate that up until 2015 this had not happened, and Assassins could still only kill commanders in cities. 

Other past posts in the forum have suggested that even in cities Assassins only kill Commanders assigned to armies, so in cities unassigned living commanders are safe from Assassins.

What is the current status of all this? 
Hiei View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 13:39
The only kill the commanders assigned in armies inside of cities. A long time ago you were able to do open world assassinations and I have repeatedly asked the developers to return this function to the game so that that military aspect of the game would once again be important and it was fun imo.
Mist View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 08:47
I'm not so sure that giving Assassins wider power is a good thing. 

If Assassins can kill unassigned commanders in cities and kill commanders in encampments, then Assassins become the most powerful units in the game, do they not? PvP battles would then become mostly battles between hundreds of thousands or millions of Assassins, whole cities everywhere would produce nothing but Assassin armies. Commanders would become largely irrelevant, as in most serious battles they'd end up dead before the military battle started, or not fight because the attacking Assassin army had failed to kill them and had gone off to spawn more millions of Assassins before the military attacking could begin.

If the game is supposed to roughly mirror medieval society and armies, then this would be a serious unbalancing of the game structure - if my assumptions are right, which they may very well not be! Smile
Hiei View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hiei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 17:08
Sounds good to me but you dont always have the option to wait for diplos...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic