Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Elements of Artifice Part 2 - Elements of Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Elements of Artifice Part 2 - Elements of Power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
GM Cerberus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Creativity & Community Czar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Cerberus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elements of Artifice Part 2 - Elements of Power
    Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 19:51

College of Silence Decrypts Sinister Mystery

Grand Prefect Lorem waited anxiously at her window. She had been doing so for what seemed to be days now, waiting on word from the other two members of the triumvirate.  The three branches of the College of Silence rarely make decisions together, but this was an unprecedented situation. For months now the otherworldly horrors of the Kerberos had been invading the lands of Elgea and the Broken Lands, and for months the scholars of the College had been ceaselessly studying the invaders and the strange essences they leave behind upon death.  

The College finally had a breakthrough: The sinister spheres that some demons carry inside them, nicknamed “Hearts of Darkness”, bear within them latent dark magic which can be transferred to mundane objects (and sometimes living creatures).  The scholars then extrapolated on this new development and found that, under the right conditions, the very vitae of living creatures could be extracted and concentrated to form crystals with consistency much like that of the Heart of Darkness.  Similar to the Hearts, the essences within the crystals can then be infused into weapons and armour, creating fantastical new armaments with augmenting properties.

The release of this new knowledge was put up for a vote by the Triumvirate of the College of Silence, and only one vote remained; that of Grand Prefect Jezine who commands the Hall of Reflection in Coanhara.  Keeping true to their name, scholars from the Hall of Reflection always seemed to take an inordinate amount of time to make decisions while they deliberate on all possible outcomes. “What good would come of suppressing this knowledge?” Grand Prefect Lorem pondered in frustration, “Thousands are dying every day by the nefarious claws of the Kerberos.”  Before her ire could be stoked any further by the indecision of the Hall of Reflection, a hurried knock from her chamber door snuffed out her smoldering contemplation.

“Enter!” the Grand Prefect proclaimed apprehensively, she knew this was it; would the College distribute these discoveries or lock them away, condemning countless souls to a horrible fate?  The Grand Prefect’s ward entered quickly, exasperatedly giving his master the message she had been waiting for: “The Triumvirate has come to a consensus, the information regarding a new mastery of magic, henceforth known as Enchantment, will be spread across the lands, far and wide, to stave the onslaught of Kerberos.”

______

We're proud to release the next part of our multi-stage release with the introduction of the Enchanting School of Magic, featuring 18 new researchable spells.  These spells aid players in crafting Illyriad's most powerful equipment yet. 

Check out the full research details here in an easy to read format:

https://assets.illyriad.net/docs/EnchantmentReleaseNotes.pdf

Alain_is_Ulysses View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alain_is_Ulysses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 20:05
in a word, AWESOME!
Toki View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 20:11
Thank you!
Rikkos View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rikkos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 20:53
Research started
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 22:34
Researching...
KarL Aegis View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarL Aegis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 22:43
I guess those of us with only the vanilla dogs, wolves, rats, brown bears, scuttlers, scritchers and the occasional spider spawns don't get to participate.
I am not amused.
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 23:51
Oh boy, an early crimble prezzie Big smile many thanks Thumbs Up

Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
Alain_is_Ulysses View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alain_is_Ulysses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 00:21
I have some of the research done and am a bit stomped. I've done Lesser Mana Fusion. I assume it is what's required to do a lesser mana crystal. I have the mana required and the mineral. Where do I create this thing?
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 00:38
in the transmogrification chamber?
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 01:17
Originally posted by Alain_is_Ulysses Alain_is_Ulysses wrote:

I have some of the research done and am a bit stomped. I've done Lesser Mana Fusion. I assume it is what's required to do a lesser mana crystal. I have the mana required and the mineral. Where do I create this thing?

Quote from the description of the Enchanting research:
The school of enchanting teaches those adept in the ways of magic to begin to utilize the Transmogrification Chamber located in the deep recesses of your mage tower.  Enchantment allows you to imbue powerful essences into various armaments, creating powerful weapons of war

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic