illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Server

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
The Reaper View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Server
    Posted: 12 Dec 2018 at 19:48
Hey Developers,

I was curious how much of a pain it would be to actually run two servers on illyriad. Kinda bring the game back to a fresh start while still keeping the current one moving along? I know it's been brought up in the past. But was curious on how actually plausible is it, that this would ever happen?

Drax
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 04:44
Not sure this would be helpful to the game.  You would in effect be splitting your player base across the two servers.  
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 13:41
Many want this and its somewhat a good idea. Many pros and some cons.playerbase on current server would shrink. Prestige sales on new server would need a moment to pickup until people built a couple cities up. And then the good old maintenance of chat and petitions on two servers to keep an eye on for devs.
It could work. It could fail. I think it would be worth a shot. All the players who don't play main server because of massive empires and multiing would be given opportunity to be on 'same level' as vets. I would play both.

Edit
It would need a new map though. Too big the current one.

Edited by DeliciousJosh - 13 Dec 2018 at 13:42

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Royalsteez View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Royalsteez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 02:48
hmmm
why splitting?  i can't see anygood out of it 
maybe if illy had a super solid playerbase then creating a new world would be healthy

Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 07:49
we need a third continent. it would be mine and have gold laying around everywhere.
I am a Machine.
Sheza View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 01:52
I agree with Mr.Ubiquitous a third continent..
If Horses don't go to Heaven when they die. then I want to go where they go.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 11:06
Originally posted by Royalsteez Royalsteez wrote:

hmmm
why splitting?  i can't see anygood out of it 
maybe if illy had a super solid playerbase then creating a new world would be healthy

You could argue that a lot of players would join a new server. Old players, veterans,new players and a small marketing campaign could make all the difference. Not a lot of these games left and people still want to play them. But only if they 'have a shot' at being able to compete.

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Samalander View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samalander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 17:39
. 3rd continent and only way to get there is send settler .            Or a new player.      Long travel time so res takes inordinate amount of time to get there from established accounts .  
Blueskree View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blueskree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 02:46
Hello Reaper,

I totally agree they should make a new realm, I tried earlier this year to use reason with the Devs but my suggestion fell on deaf ears. The Devs don't want to improve this game, and as you can see from my post the general consensus is that the existing player base doesn't want to see a new realm introduced because they'll be losing out and fear of a "split in player base" in reality the old guard would stay on their old realm and the new player base would be playing on the new realm. Doesn't make sense dollars and cents wise why they wouldn't make more realms, but that's their business not mine. You can read my post down below.

http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/time-to-make-a-seperate-realm_topic10508.html

Reaper I found my new fix from a Gameloft game that I play now, there's a reason why they have a revenue of 322.6 million dollars a year, hint it has to do with them making new realms.
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 04:37
the Devs don't want to improve the game? when i first played in june 2010 all we had was the middle kingdom and a crappy looking town display. there have been tons of improvements. tons.
I am a Machine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic