illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Town trade balance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Krok View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Town trade balance
    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 06:48
Hello,
does the trade in hubs impact the trade balance of towns having traders in hubs and selling through hubs Apparently no, but I'm not sure.
Thanks.
Asvenger View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 02:01
Trade, combat and any other activities you can think of do not seem to impact trade balance. The initial racial and faction factors seem to be the only adjustments and they have not changed. Maybe that will be part of an update (what do you think devs?)
Krok View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 00:23
Yes I tried the same sell (same amount of gold) twice:
* when using a hub from the town which had a trader there: no change of town's trade balance
* when sent directly from the town: growth of trade balance + add of buyer in the top list of exports
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 18:21
Don't ask me why, but it appears buying from a hub adds to your trade balance but selling doesn't. 

Combat obviously has effect because it isn't trade.  And direct trades have no effect because the game doesn't recognize them as trades.  An 'official' trade has the tax taken out of the profit, but the exit from the town is immune to blockades.  

Edited by DeathDealer89 - 20 Oct 2018 at 18:23
Asvenger View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 20:41
Ahh- you’re asking about the trade balance pie chart. I ran some tests and confirm DD. The pie chart changes based on sales and buys posted at the town and also buys from a hub posting (responding to a sell offer), and does not change when selling to a hub (responding to a buy offer). That also seems to be the way it shows on the import/export trade partner lists. Would need to hear from the devs whether there’s a rationale or if it’s a glitch.

Edited by Asvenger - 20 Oct 2018 at 20:41
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 21:51
It does heavily skew your 'trade balance' because it looks like you do nothing but import. Which to me defeats the purpose of the graphic.  

I wonder how they store the data for it though.  Its possible that an update would restore a proper balance.  But if they don't store the data then they would have to do a reset of the graphs. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic