illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Elements of Artifice Hunting Tournament

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 00:25
Link points to https://illyriadtelegraph.blogspot.com/2018/11/elements-of-artifice-scoring.html%20 but correct link is https://illyriadtelegraph.blogspot.com/2018/11/elements-of-artifice-scoring.html

Anyway, all is good, I'm still winning AND I got a free slag at Eowan! No rats left in Meilla though.
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 05:06
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Fanuidhol View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanuidhol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 17:41
Are you collecting all the rare animal parts though? We should make the next one a hunting/gathering tourney Wink

Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

Anyway, all is good, I'm still winning AND I got a free slag at Eowan! No rats left in Meilla though.

Edited by Fanuidhol - 02 Dec 2018 at 17:41
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2018 at 14:35
In competitions, competitors should interact with each other. We've been very quiet - not even trash talk! So here's my strategy for this competition: In each of my outpost towns, I built a second Foreign Office (because of the new crafting researches I had previously demolished one building in each town anyway) That was three towns with two FOs giving me sight of 220,000 squares (I didn't hunt from my Tallimar towns as they're 'war ready'). I don't scout - I send out only elite T2 cav with boar spears (5 by 40 for a legion of rats) and I expect ratios of 100:1. I scan the whole 220k squares twice a day and send at nearly all legions up to 12h out - no to buildings and scuttlers. I send at hosts up to 4hrs away and at everything within an hour of me. So far I have killed 120 legions and 48 hosts. The rest comes from dribs and drabs. I'm not able to draw many conclusions about the other hunters other than Danger Ross - looking at the increase in his attack score, he has not altered his pattern for the competition and given the big difference in his XP increase versus his number of kills, I think he is hunting Underworld legions?

Anyone else care to share their experiences?

Edited by Hucbold - 03 Dec 2018 at 14:36
Dingo View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2018 at 05:31
Sure HucBold I'll share mine...
Must say it has been rough. I am not trilled about my progress at all. 75568 for 348 reports, that is trash. My area does not have big spawns and has low spawn rate. I am surprised that I was able to get to 75568 casualties. I have to spend an hour sending out troops from each town to attack npc's 2-4 hours away; only able to send them out twice a day. No time to to scout, just send. Which results in a few dead coms and troops but mostly a low kill counts. I don't have much troops to  start with and The way I am going it is not worth continuing to compete as I won't be able catch up to my competitors. I hope everyone else is having fun though Smile
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 02:25
Latest scores are up:

After the tournament ends, I'll wait a week for people to finish submitting their reports.
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Fanuidhol View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanuidhol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 00:16
You're right Huc... It's been a good number of Underworld legions or an occasional myriad for myself and Danger. I've also gone after a lot of scaled chargers and giant rats but mostly for their skins. 

Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

So far I have killed 120 legions and 48 hosts. The rest comes from dribs and drabs. I'm not able to draw many conclusions about the other hunters other than Danger Ross - looking at the increase in his attack score, he has not altered his pattern for the competition and given the big difference in his XP increase versus his number of kills, I think he is hunting Underworld legions?

Anyone else care to share their experiences?
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 17:24
Hey all,
Currently in a place with crap internet. Will be able to post results in a few weeks.

Edited by eowan the short - 20 Dec 2018 at 17:25
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 09:50
Any update?
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 09:53
Currently in airport on the way home. Results should (barring my laptop exploding) be in within the next 24 hours.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic