Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Chasing war runners the WRONG way

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Queen Bikini View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Queen Bikini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chasing war runners the WRONG way
    Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 00:52
Greetings. I do not usually post in the forums, but something is bothering me. Chasing "war runners". This strategy was a typical war alliance policy to keep players from leaving alliances at war after they were actively engaged in hostilities. Players would always try to run from trouble when the tides turned and their alliance started loosing the war. It has evolved since that basic idea into something different with many different triggers. Today it is being done merely for spite!

Today, chasing "war runners" is part the game, but only in some circumstances. Illy is contracting. It is smaller and less active then at any point before. But a big birth is right around the corner in the form of new updates. Currently we have Laga from mcrow chasing Josh and who knows who else. He has attacked Yarr!, Tcol and all AFTER wars were ended. Forced to end if you will. Mcrow itself has accepted the peace and much deservedly so, but not Laga. This player chases after players out of stubborness. There are not enough players, full alliances, active wars, or activity to justify this old strategy as Laga is using it. His alliance, mcrow is not chasing war runners, he is. mcrow wants peace. He does not. Why let a player split your alliance over being stubborn? 

Laga is turning into the exact same thing he himself hates. He is turning into a Stukahh time period SIN member. Yep. All his recent activity is nothing but what the war alliances used to do. The mcrow SIN war is over and it did not end like a typical War. It was forced to end. And that should have been the end of it, but nope. One player, out of an entire alliance is dragging them back into conflict and causing rifts in an alliance that only wanted peace. There is no talking with this player, there is no reasoning with him. His absolute blind rage and stubborness can not see that his approach to chasing war ruuners does not apply anymore to that war. It is over. Let it be. Move on and be happy. 

A conventional war, with lots of players could employ such tactics, but with the end of that war, today's Illy does not need it. Not blindly like is being done now. With updates coming and people coming back, maybe chasing will find a place again. I am sure it will, but not in this case. This case is something different. This case has a player not listening to his alliance, not listening to any reason, but acting on pure spite. Illy does not need this right now.  

Anyway, this is my opinion and not that of anyone else. but it has bothered me so much I had to speak up. What has happened to a player many looked up to and had much fun with? He has turned into the very thing he hated most. If you did not like that style of play then why are you using it? 

QB
Trader Tiro! View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Tiro! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 01:17
What's the saying....You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain...maybe so here QB >_<
Bill_Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill_Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 05:09
I see it as fair
Let fate chase you not me
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 10:08
I see it as something that could massively hurt mCrow because their leader puts his personal grudges above the will, and best interest, of his members.
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill_Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 15:08
Grudges?

Your just scared to be on the other side aren't you?
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 16:26
Originally posted by Bill_Cipher Bill_Cipher wrote:

Grudges?

Your just scared to be on the other side aren't you?

You could say that. Never fun to be confronted with a suiciding leadership account. If he drags mCrow down with him, we can all guess who you trolls will blame for it.
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill_Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 20:22
Stop with the bullsh it...then again that's all you ever say so why don't you just shut up in general?

They are just doing what SIN has done... How is that now fair?

Edited by Bill_Cipher - 06 Sep 2018 at 20:24
King Sigerius View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote King Sigerius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 20:41
Quit crying QB, the people he is perusing have been doing the same thing for years.  Now that you are on the other end it sounds like you don't like it.  I know many many people driven out of the game by sin and now it's all of a sudden too small of a game to fight? Now it's time to end a policy that if sin remained an alliance would of remained a policy? Lol too funny.
Grom View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 21:20
I don't think the policy itself is the issue. Nothing wrong with preventing the enemy from rebuilding troops while hiding in a neutral alliance. The question in this case is why Laga is doing this alone, without the support of his alliance. He is, by himself, antagonizing multiple alliances, who would prefer to remain at peace with mCrow, up to the point that enduring peace is no longer a given.
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill_Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 21:31
He is the leader.

I believe he has the right to do as he pleases.

Complaining doesn't really help

Edited by Bill_Cipher - 06 Sep 2018 at 21:32
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic