illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time to make a seperate realm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Blueskree View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blueskree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 03:30
I didn't say the Sindicate destroyed the game, just that they could've achieved their goals of destroying the sitted accounts had they been more welcoming and "friendly".
Well from what I gather from this forum topic is that there is a consensus that the game is dying or at the very least stagnant but there isn't the will to change it. Seems like most everyone is happy playing the same old same old, wouldn't want to upset the "persistent" part of the game.

I agree with you Ten Kulch that the developers will probably keep the game the way it is until it has 0 active accounts. I think there will always be certain players who play just cause they have to much to lose by not playing. Sad really that the majority of players think that having multiple servers is bad for business.
Anyways I said all that I gotta say now, I'll check the forums for the next few months in anticipation of a second realm being announced!
rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018 at 17:49
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

I'd like to predict now that there won't be a rebirth. There is not much demand for a click-focused browser game with minimal animation in the age of smartphones and tablets. The devs would be reckless to tamper with Illyriad too much. It still has 3000-4000 accounts, some of which probably still purchase prestige to keep the servers running. As long as Illy lives, they can credit themselves with running an award-winning Grand Strategy game that is part of the Steam platform. That is actually a valuable career and marketing asset, even if the game isn't the next Fortnite. There is a lot to be said for keeping a game running for seven years. While armchair quarterbacks can have pet theories about massive changes that should be attempted, there is a lot of cost and risk in a move like that, with potentially very little reward. There is very little cost and risk to maintaining the status quo, considering that Illyriad is a modest commercial success with some great press, and it probably requires minimal effort to do ongoing maintenance and make the occasional small change.

You Nailed it there

Same goes for AoA its an ultra MMO Space Sim game being developed on Azure + .Net platform. If it ever goes into production. It will be a showcase (or be a technology demonstrator) for Illyriad Games along with the fella in the Youtube video that was posted earlier (he looks like GM ThunderCat to me) as well as Azure and Microsoft with it.

You can see it also featured on Azure Gaming solution page from Microsoft (Link Here).

Edited by rajput - 08 Aug 2018 at 17:50

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
Snagglepuss View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snagglepuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 01:42
You hated multi accounts but want to open a new server where those accounts can go hide without fear of attack... wow you really thought that one through eh?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic