illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time to make a seperate realm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 05:00
Just to be clear, when I say transfers, I don't mean a literal game mechanic for that, I mean a player created system.
For example;
Player X wants to get 100 million into realm B
They send the people running the transfer service some gold based on the exchange rate the transfer service has set up- how do they calculate this? who knows! But as there is less gold in the new realm, presumably the value of gold in the new realm is higher.
The transferers then take a small % of that gold as commission and send the player 100 mil in realm B.

So, yeah, Illy forex....

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Blueskree View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blueskree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 05:43
Well I want to play in something totally new and void of previous Illyriad history. I also want to start on a clean slate where everyone is equals and has a chance to make their own history. That's alright if you don't get it, you don't have to get it. If they choose to create a second realm those who want to stay can stay and those who want to go can go, everyone has a choice. At least give us that choice.

IMO I've watched these forums for over a year now and I can say without playing the game that its dying. It was dying when I was playing it. But now that the SIN has disbanded, due to them burning them selves out. How can you defeat an enemy in this game which sits on "dummy" accounts? Like I said previously the way the troop system is in this game its impossible to beat people who use multi accounts. Anyways as I was saying, I've watched peoples farewell statements and their goodbyes and it all comes down to one thing that's strangling this game.... its the sitters and the multi accounting. Most of all the Crow's that left last year stated that. Reading the forum posts the SIN players spiced this game up, they really did.

You say you rather have the devs work on new stuff.... well let me say that most of the players that quit state remove sitter accounts, so please remove them. Also give us a second realm to start over again in. If the devs "make new stuff" and keep it the way it is their going to see their membership shrink even more, cause the new stuff is just putting lip stick on a rather ugly pig. It won't fix the issue, like how many people will it take over the years to say remove the sitter accounts before they listen? Maybe when they don't have a player base playing maybe they'll say we should've listened. Well this is your chance to remedy a lot that's wrong with this game.

Create a second realm with the features I've mentioned. Email everyone's email that has ever played telling them its a new and improved Illyraid 2.0 ect. And go on Steam and put the game on sale for Free and state that its a new chance Illyraid 2.0 ect ect and the players will come and we'll open up our wallets to buy prestige.
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 17:06
i've also been watching the forums and goodbye posts. Also listening in on the GC debates. The other point that keeps coming up is that people come and go and then more people come and go, they stay or leave because they want to. Blaming it on any single thing is no bueno. People are weird and they will find other reasons to quit even if Illy became perfect for every single player. Perhaps you could make an account, and do something to enhance the game? Eowan has done it, SIN did it, TCol is doing it. Come join the fun and quit complaining from the extreme sidelines.
I am a Machine.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 17:46
Originally posted by Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Mr. Ubiquitous Feral wrote:

i've also been watching the forums and goodbye posts. Also listening in on the GC debates. The other point that keeps coming up is that people come and go and then more people come and go, they stay or leave because they want to. Blaming it on any single thing is no bueno. People are weird and they will find other reasons to quit even if Illy became perfect for every single player. Perhaps you could make an account, and do something to enhance the game? Eowan has done it, SIN did it, TCol is doing it. Come join the fun and quit complaining from the extreme sidelines.

Couldn't agree more.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 18:56
If his point is invalid because he doesn't do things in game or add to it, then I'll copy and paste it and we can start again.

If the devs didn't want suggestions for game enhancements, they wouldn't have made a part of the forums specifically for suggestions.

Now, personally, I don't think a truly separate realm is possible. Similar players will be involved in both realms and as such similar political ties will emerge. But it would have the effect of the reset many like snot have called for without causing the damage that I believe a reset would cause.
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Blueskree View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blueskree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 20:04
I agree Eowan that if they created a new realm that the players from the old one would come over and play a part in the new one. I however don't think that they would be as powerful in it like they are today. You have to realise that most of the power players in Illyriad today are sitting on years of accumulated wealth. Also some are sitting on abandoned accounts which they fleece like a lamb, as its totally in game legal to hold multiple accounts via the sitter feature.

All I'm asking is for a second server so those of us who want to play again can, and I want the sitters and multi accounting out of the game as it ruins the integrity of the game.

Personally I don't see what Illyriad the company has to lose by making a new realm. I do however see why some of the established community would be against the second realm, because it would mean them losing their position of power. They'd have to either come to the new realm and build up or sit on their old one. And I'd venture new players would be more inclined to join a new realm instead of one that's over a decade old. It all has to do with the "go out and venture your own future" or "play by the same old rules, with the same old establishment". So yes I understand why some would be against a new realm.
rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 00:41
I have very different take on all this...

#1 no account sitters... completely agree with that. Approve

#2 Foolproof inactive / abandoned account handling... ermmmm I'm ok with that to kinda. Ermm
Although I do have a compromise + super crazy Wacko idea, which will be complex to implement and it deserves separate thread. 

#3 Eliminate multi-accounting abuse... I am all for it. For browser based games that is a bit challenging to implement. But there are fingerprint algorithms which let one detect such activity up to >90% accuracy. And now a days online anonymity is big thing in tech world, any kind of traceable abilities are being removed actively.

#4 Seasoned vs Newbie... In order to resolve this issue (without creating new server/realm every now and then) is to implement some sort of league system. But I also believe that this will restrict some of the sandbox nature of the game...

#5 Server reset... Ummm Disapprove nope! You may have reached your finish line but some/allot of us have yet to reach ours. If you reset it those of us who are still making our way to finish line will get robbed of whatever progress we had made. Secondly, its not a race and there are no finish lines. Lastly, you are discounting the fact that everyone plays at his/her own availability and pace.

#6 2nd Realm... Geek This is a very technical question. Only devs can answer this. But most likely it is do-able, their might already be another isolated realm for developers. Now whether it should be done... Thumbs Down No. The argument of 'people will go after new realm just because its new' but is exact carbon-copy of old one... is not really an argument, for me at least. If you fix the above mentioned points, this point will have no need to exist.

#7 Multi-Lingual... This game need to be available in multiple languages and marketed accordingly. By keeping it in just English they are very much restricting their market base. 

#8 Portable/Small-screen UI... They need to develop a mobile/small screen UI for this game somehow. Currently the game is not very touch friendly. I struggle with it on my tablet as well. Mind you, there are more portable mobile devices on this planet then PCs. 

#9 Officially Cold... Officially they went cold and dark... Illyriad blog hasnt seen any update since 2016, full moon sighting is fairly routine then seeing any of officials on forum, their twitter is mostly stale. I am not sure about FB as I dont use it but more or less it will be same. They need to have an Official community moderator who is also active in game. That will give very good impression to new comers and a good moderator will always keep chattering going on GC.

#10 More Tournaments... To follow up on the above point, they need to increase the numbers and types of tournaments or contests. Quests system, sorry to say, has become joke now. There was a suggestion I made earlier, to allow community member to submit lores/scenarios/activities for quest. It may not be something that will interest the seasoned players, but new players will get something to occupy their time with and keep them interested.  

#11 Ching Ching! Bling Bling! Dolla Dolla!!!... If revenue/profitability is the issue, then there are number of possibilities including but not limited to incorporating Ads, going subscription based, associating with a bigger game development house, launching campaign, etc... Or sell it to someone (clue: look east)... This point is also tied to the next one...

#12 Mother-of-all-question or answer (whichever way you want to look at it)... What is current Illyriad vision? What are the goals? What is their motivation or ambition? What are the challenges? We dont know any of that and are just speculating. This point ties to all the points discussed above... All of us are coming from players-point of view but there is no Devs point of view...
and that is what I am interested in! Smile

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 01:05
I agree with you entirely with the exception of the following point:

Originally posted by rajput rajput wrote:

#6 2nd Realm... Geek This is a very technical question. Only devs can answer this. But most likely it is do-able, their might already be another isolated realm for developers. Now whether it should be done... Thumbs Down No. The argument of 'people will go after new realm just because its new' but is exact carbon-copy of old one... is not really an argument, for me at least. If you fix the above mentioned points, this point will have no need to exist.

The reason why people will go to the new realm is that it will be a leveled playing field. Currently, if you are a new player, you have to compete with the established alliances and players out there, people who have played for upwards of 8 years in some cases.

New power balances could be found on the new server and trade would suddenly become a lot more interesting as alliances won't be sat on huge stockpiles of materials. 
Blueskree View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blueskree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 01:45
Those are all good points, and my take on this game is roughly that thw company behind it is perfectly happy keeping it the way it is. Even if its playership continues to decline, which it will. Its from that point of view that keeps me from replaying this game. I remember reading about a year ago that the owners of Illyriad are from the United Kingdom and they receive grant money from the British government. So maybe their happy just collecting the government's money and leaving the game the way it is.

Once again Ill state that I want something new to play on free of multi accounters, and i guarantee old player bases will return or even a new player base rerurns once a new server gets created. Do i think one will get created? Highly unlikely that it will. But i hope they prove me wrong.

Basically when people join the game they start off at 0 pop. And they grow them selves up, they look around and see oh cool player so and so has 43 cities and over a million population, and you look at your 1250 pop and go "yup not climbing that hill". I also know that some people in this game in the top 5 rankings use their hoarded money to recruit new players into alliances and then throw them to thw wolves. By creating a new server you take away the old players power away from them. So yes thats the allure of a new realm, a sense of a new start and a environment free of multies.
rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 11:18
I am not going to go into how they are running the company etc... unless Devs or a stake holder actively participate in this discussion. It is a private entity and as long as they are abiding by their local laws & regs... it is none of my/our concern. 
----------------

Fair and balanced playing field in matured sandbox? 

Lets for a second consider that the ills like account sitting, multi-accounting, and abandoned/inactive accounts are dealt with properly. 

Even a new realm after 2 years will start to take shape much like this one... You cannot discount experience, knowledge, productivity, and seniority in a sandbox. Those in my opinion are the challenges which players have to overcome and is much like real-life. If you try to restrict that by either reducing the realm play period or by introducing illogical restrictive mechanisms then it is no longer a true sandbox... It will become more like a very linear arcade game.

Another thing, once you start going down that road, there will come a day someone will be asking for new realm just after 6 months. And then there will be a realm every tournament like some games already out there.

Even on new realm old/seasoned players will still have advantage over new players, although they do not come with resources, they will have knowledge and experience. If devs carbon-copy this realm then they also have knowledge of all sweet spots, tactics, and strategies.

In general terms, everything has a life-cycle, and there is/will-be one in Illy as well. Old will fade (sometime super slowly) and new will shine. That's how it has been and will remain.

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic