illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time to make a seperate realm.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Blueskree View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blueskree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time to make a seperate realm.
    Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 11:06
Hello,
I'm writing this message to try and get a SECOND NEW Illyriad realm built into the game. I'm a veteran player who long ago has quit playing this game due to things being basically set in stone and never will change. I would return to this game if a NEW separate realm was made, that way those who are established can stay on their old realm and play by the same metrics and alliances ect.

One of the biggest reasons why I quit this game was I found that there was a lot of multi accounting going on and I found that very disheartening. In a game where troop build times are long and tedious and in a game like this where multi gaming is out right encouraged, via the "sitter" accounts where these accounts are perma sat. It really isn't fair as these old alliances are sitting on many perma sat accounts, and multi accounters use the sitter ability to easily manage their many accounts.

What I'm purposing is a second realm to be created where the Illyriad officals actually took out multi accounting and implemented a multi accounting algorithm. I would like to see the sitter option taken out as well all know that sitter accounts are not fair. By doing this I can guarantee increased revenue via prestige sales, as well as if marketed properly on Steam people would see a new realm and think "Oh wow this game isn't over a decade old" and they'd want to participate in it. By having a second realm those disenfranchised with the current game can go over to this one and build a new. But I want to see the multi accounters taken care of, cause imo thats what makes this game stale. When I played the game I spent over 150$ on prestige, and believe me by opening up a new realm you'll increase profit and see new players enter the game.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, hopefully one day you'll take my advice.
Bill Cipher View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 23:50
Hmm?

You say it will help the game but nothing about how it will happen?
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
Blueskree View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blueskree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 03:15
Easy, all the Illyriad crew needs to do is transfer over the game minus the backup buddy system and implement some sort of multi-accounting detection system. They claim to have one right now but I think that's just a claim, just like a sign that hangs on an empty door that reads "Don't enter".
It would be very easy to transfer the game as it is into a new world exactly like the old one. It may need a few more resources on their server to host it. But trust me, do you think someone new who sees a game that's been around for over a decade will want to be apart of something that's already established? This gives the chance for new players and old to forge something new to make history. I love this game but I quit cause its impossible to compete with multi accounters when you have troop build ques that are static. Its impossible to counter someone who uses sitter accounts and on top of it their own multi-accounts.

All I'm asking is for a new realm to be made. Many online browser games have multiple "rounds" or "realms" going on at once. That way the people who are still invested will stay on the current realm and those who want to make something new can come to the new realm. Also if the owners of Illyriad were smart they'd email every single email on file letting them know that a new realm is starting that way it'll draw in old players who long ago quit. Cause Ive followed these forums for the past year and all the old vets speak of how unfair sitter accounts are and how it ruins things cause most of the old alliances are sitting on multiple accounts.

What does Illyriad have to lose from having a second realm? Nothing is the answer.
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 03:20
/me land claims the new realm
I am a Machine.
Blueskree View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blueskree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 03:31
I'm going to explain how another browser game handles zero tolerance for multi accounting. Basically the players account accrue vacation credits, a free account gets about 10-14 days a year. A paying account gets about 21 days a year. In vacation mode a player does not accumulate resources and cannot be attacked. Vacation mode cannot be triggered if your being attacked. So that right there eliminates the need for a "sitter" looking after your account.

The game also has a strict programming that detects multi accounting. I don't know to much about the programming. But I imagine some players probably own multiple accounts here, if you don't live at home one could easily go to their parents house make an account there, then set one of their accounts as a sitter. Then do this twice as the game supports two accounts a main and an alt. SO basically right there you make an alt and a main and have your accounts sitting them. Prestige doesn't work on players overseeing sitter accounts so they cant rush things but an account can be very powerful if all they use it is for military purposes. I haven't played in over a year but I pursume most military players are still doing 8 city builds?

I have no problem with the ALT and the MAIN setup but the sitters is where it really destroys the integrity of the game.

But it wouldn't be hard to create a second realm, one of the most succesful browser game that makes millions a year has something like sixty realms running at once. Think of this GM's, more realms = more revenue. Give us a new realm without sitter accounts!
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 03:49
Personally, I like the idea of a second realm.... definitely would be cool to see... especially with the possibilities of doing transfers of goods between realm A and realm B, for a fee of course.... and the varying exchange rates that could be set up between A and B....

Yeah... I'd certainly enjoy something like this... 

As for the sitters thing, I do like the idea of the limited vacation time... sounds like an interesting idea to combat long term sitting....

Edited by eowan the short - 02 Aug 2018 at 03:49
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Blueskree View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blueskree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 03:57
Glad you like the idea Eowan. I personally don't want any transfers being able to take place in this second realm. The first and second realms should be totally non-related to each other.

Also if sitting accounts were taken out of the second realm it would make it really hard for people to multi-account as the rule should be "One main and one alt per device or IP address" So that way if someone wants to multi account they'd have to do it via their phone or travel to someone else's house to do this. That way it would eliminate players from having lets say two accounts open to them via their main, and two accounts via the alt through the sitter option.

Another option I would like to see, as I was a player with over 18 cities when I played. I would like to see the option of automation via the prestige usage tab. I was someone hauling resources here and there constantly via the hub or city. I would like see it set up where my caravans travel to my specific destination from point A to point B without me having to click on the caravan and type in the resource limit, that once the caravans arrive I can set it for them to move back and forth constantly. That should be included in the first and second realm. I don't care if its a free addition or one that requires prestige.
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 04:05
What are you losing?

You are losing energy and effort just because its easy doesn't mean it will be quick (idk the time frame on that just a guess)

while there trying to create a new server which is  risk on if people actually join or not. It's more of people wanting new content not another server.

A new server isn't really new content just copy paste of the other server on a clean slate

I don't hate it i'm just looking at it from another perspective i guess

Edited by Bill Cipher - 02 Aug 2018 at 04:09
d-a-r-o-r-w-o pb wlph kdv frph wr exuq. l lqyrnh wkh dqflhqw srzhu wkdw l pdb uhwxuq
Blueskree View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blueskree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 04:12
What am I losing? I'm not losing nothing as I don't play the game anymore, I got nothing to lose.
What do I have to gain? I got a lot to gain if they created a second server that eliminated multi accounting. Why would I want to play a game now that things are set in stone, people amassed billions and sit on prestige reserves.

Simple, give us who want to come back a reason to come back. I could come back but why would I? I quit cause of the fundamental flaw of the sitter accounts bring to this game as it currently sits.

And the time line could be within a 2-3 months. All thats required is to change the code, removing the sitter accounts and then opening a second server. The game could just be copied over keep the map the way it is with the functions it currently has. Then the multi accounting detection soft ware could be implemented in time.
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Cipher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 04:42
You do you but I don't get it.

I'd rather have DEVs work on new stuff then take time and energy to do this.

Nothing is going to be perfect deal with it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic