illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Choosing your own capital

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Thexion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thexion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Choosing your own capital
    Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 13:25
Build 10 cities just to get 10% bonus to another account. Yeah sounds like common problem. You can capture any ones capital.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 12:31
A players capitol city does indeed have an effect on gameplay, however there should still be some kind of glitch to capture capitol cities and keep the 10% food bonus from the discovery you get when you reach 10 cities. As far as I know, a player with two accounts can keep settling a 10th city with his or her alt, which the main account can then capture. Several players have done it over the years. Many have kept it to themselves. Now I feel we need to be more open about the games functions and glitches, so not only a small group get all the advantages.

Making it possible to change the capitol city yourself is going to prove to be a problem i foresee. A player can, if the function is changed, settle his or her 10th city, get the food bonus, change to another capitol, get the bonus and not have to level yo the new settlement and can capture the big population capitol the player changed it to.
I hope that made sense :)

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Llannedd View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llannedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 03:41
As far as I can tell a player's capital city means nothing in terms of gameplay (alliance capital is a different matter) so it's unlikely that the devs will or should waste any time worrying about it.
rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 12:16
I also would like this feature added to the game.

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
General Lacesso View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Lacesso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 03:23
I too was wondering about this. I recently moved my old capitol city via exodus and the new, and current, capitol was my next highest population town. I was wanting to change it back. I didn't figure out how, other than moving the new capitol and making the the old city the capitol again. Still wish there was an easier way though.

It should be pointed out that in the September 29th, 2011 forum post at 18:02 the devs did say they were going to add a way for you to choose your capitol city. That was around 6 years ago and they might have forgotten about it. They did have other things to work on and it is a minor quality of life feature so it isn't the biggest worry.
Galolith View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Galolith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 22:39
To whom it may concern,

I'm writing this topic to tell about my idea of an addition to the game.
It's really nothing big or anything. On the contrary it's actually a very small thing and by reading the title of the topic, you probably already know what this is all about.

Yes, I would like to have the ability to change my capital town. I don't really know what makes the capital stand out from the rest of the towns, I just feel like It's annoying not to have my biggest and oldest town as my capital.

It's really surprising to me how such an easy and small thing isn't already in the game. Maybe there's an explanation that I don't know yet. Maybe something with the programming.

I hope this will be taken into consideration next time there are going to be added features in the game :)

Regards,
Galolith
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic