illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1st Small Alliance Tournament

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st Small Alliance Tournament
    Posted: 27 May 2018 at 20:51
The 1st Small Alliance Tournament

Greetings all,

I'm proud to announce that the first Small Alliance Tournament will be taking place from the 26th of August until the 26th of September. The event will be a Capture the Flag style tournament. 

Premise of the Tournament:

The alliances of the tournament will be split into two teams which will be kept roughly equal based on the amount of land each alliance has claimed. Each team gets 5 flags which will be human accounts created for the purpose of the tournament with exodus researched in all of them. They will start off in a tournament alliance but may be moved around.

The teams will be announced on the 16th of August.

The teams then nominate a region on the map to act as their base and the flags will be tenarilled into random squares within that region. Sitters will be set within the team a week prior to the start of the tournament who may build the accounts however they want but they may not settle or capture additional towns with that account.

Teams then have 1 month to capture the opposing team's flags. To capture a flag town, it must be captured and then exodused into the base area of the team that captured it. It is then considered out of play.

If a flag is captured but not yet exodused, it may be recaptured by the team that owns it but must have the original town name kept and may not be exodused by owning team.

Whichever team captures the most flags, wins. In the event of a tie, a decision will be made looking at aggression, skill and teamwork.

Siege engines may not be used on non-flag towns.

Who can participate?

Any alliance ranked below 50th in terms of land on the 1st of August may compete. Alliance leaders who are interested should let me know before then. I will be sending out IGMs to the leaders of all alliances that are able to compete. 

An entrance fee of 1 mil per member in the alliances that sign up will be charged in order to pay for prizes. Funding will be available for alliances that may not be able to afford this. 

Prizes:

Prizes will be announced at the same time as the teams are. If you would like to donate to the prize pot, please IGM me. Records of any donations will be kept and made public to ensure that all prizes do end up in the prize pots.

Good luck everyone and have fun!

-Eowan

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 03:15
Here is the spreadsheet of records that will be kept updated with donations, sign up fees and the prize pot when I put it together.

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 16:24
The Metagrobolized [Them] have agreed to take up to 10 loners who want to compete but don't have an alliance. Get in touch with Buns Buggy about that.

Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 07:17
Update:

So, the prize pot is going well, its up to a value of 1.9bn! Thank you to everyone who's donated. If you would like to contribute to this, you can either donate directly or by buying tickets in the Small Alliance Tournament Lottery . 2831 tickets have been bought so far and there is now a second prize of 1.25 million gold!

GM Cerberus is also going to be doing medals for the winners which is fantastic!

The alliances for the flag accounts can be viewed here:

The flag accounts are currently not entirely even but this will be sorted out in time for August.

Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 02:18
The deadline for sign up has now passed. The alliances involved are as follows:

Broken Lands Express [BLX]
The Grey Company [G!] 
Knights of Unreason [ICON]
Mercs of Valyria [MoV]
Cold Hearts [Alone]
Quenya and Sindari [Q&S] 
Achaean's Associates [*AA*]

It should be noted that Alone contained a single player who has since moved to BLX.

Updated entry fees will be collected in the next few days and the teams should be published by the 16th.

The total value of funding for the small alliance tournament is now up to around 2.5bn.

Best of luck everyone,

-Eowan

Edited by eowan the short - 02 Aug 2018 at 02:18
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 07:38
Massive thank you to Cuzdeath for making the following map of SAT participants:

Edited by eowan the short - 02 Aug 2018 at 07:39
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 07:43

Broken Lands Express [BLX] - red

The Grey Company [G!] - grey

Knights of Unreason [ICON] - green

Mercs of Valyria [MoV] - pink

Quenya and Sindari [Q&S] -orange

Achaean's Associates [*AA*] - yellow

rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 21:51
Best of luck to all the participants... and more power to you Eowan for organizing the tourney...

1st Small Tournament Press Conference

Full-size image link > Here

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 19:12
The teams will be as follows:

Blue Team:
The Grey Company [G!]
Knights of Unreason [ICON]
Broken Lands Express [BLX]

Red Team:
Mercs of Valyria [MoV]
Quenya and Sindari [Q&S]
Achaean's Associates [*AA*]

Will be getting the home regions and sitters from the team shortly. 

Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 22:14
Estimated value for the small alliance tournament's total funding: 3,625,931,500
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic