illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Small Alliance Tournament League Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small Alliance Tournament League Update
    Posted: 21 May 2018 at 16:28
Hey All,
So, sorry for the lack of updates on SATL, I'm waiting for a response from the devs about some stuff.

The results from the tournaments have been put together, a hunting tournament is the most popular option with capture the flag a close second. Due to the fact that a hunting tournament would currently require APIs to properly manage it, I've decided to do capture the flag instead as I know many would be reluctant to give out their APIs. 

However, to do CTF, I need some flag accounts... about 10 of them to be precise. As such, I've submitted a petition to the devs about it (number 12602) asking for me to be allowed to make these accounts.

In the mean time, is there anyone with an empty alt slot willing to donate it temporarily to a good cause?

Thanks
-Eowan
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 16:39
Oh, and all going well, the tournament's going to run from the Sunday 26th of August to the 26th of September.
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some person started it, not knowing what it was, and we'll continue posting on it forever just because...
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 23:16
permission to multi account? good luck with that.
I am a Machine.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 04:54
Other than being able to do my tournament, I don't benefit from it at all, otherwise I wouldn't even bother asking... but, well, it is still multiaccounting... hence me asking permission. 

It'd be something fun and I'm not sure if a CTF style tourney has been done before so it would be a nice to do, even just as a one off. 
Mr. Ubiquitous Feral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ubiquitous Feral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 14:57
you don't need 'flag accounts' at certain sites. pick random tiles of different terrain, let the combatants fight over them. The difference with this is there will be no icon on the world map. 
I am a Machine.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 17:36
Ubi, that's king of the hill... I'm changing it slightly to capture the flag...

Here's how capture the flag works:

Alliances are grouped into 2 teams, red and blue so that they are roughly equal. 

They decide on a base region and I then randomly generate coords within that region and tenaril the flag accounts into those spots (the towns will all have the same buildings and research including exodus done) and set people from each team as their sitter. 

The sitter may build the town however they want but may not settle or capture more towns with that account. 

Each team must then try to capture the other team's flag towns while protecting their own. Once an enemy flag has been captured, it should then be exodused back to base for it to then be captured and taken out of the game. The enemy team may attempt to recapture the flag.

Once a month has passed or one team has lost all of their flags, the tournament is over. 
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 19:04
So they put their flags near their biggest cavalry players, surrounded by plains. Or dwarves in a forest. I doubt anyone will be able to capture that.

Worth pointing out: you need to have capture slots available to capture.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Dabrelis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dabrelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 21:50
For this you may specify that flag town should be put in a position of several types of terrain around it, say featuring at least three different kinds (plains, forest, hill, mountains, building).
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 22:49
Originally posted by Dabrelis Dabrelis wrote:

For this you may specify that flag town should be put in a position of several types of terrain around it, say featuring at least three different kinds (plains, forest, hill, mountains, building).

I pick forest, building, large hill. Right next to a big mean dwarf.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 01:19
Originally posted by eowan the short eowan the short wrote:

They decide on a base region and I then randomly generate coords within that region and tenaril the flag accounts into those spots (the towns will all have the same buildings and research including exodus done) and set people from each team as their sitter. 

They don't pick the coords for their flags, it is random. This should mean that sieges are more viable and not placed right next door to a big player. The base region should make sure people don't end up with a flag miles from their nearest town and right in the middle of enemy territory.

I'll add to the rules that the flags may only be moved by hostile players so teams can't exo the towns to good spots in the event of a team recapturing a lost flag before it gets exodused into the enemy base region.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic