illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

On the Treatment of Newbs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Dabrelis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dabrelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 07:33
As a n00b myself I can testify that treatment of n00bs in Illyriad is excellent!!
Welcome packages, alliance invites, friendly neighbors, great advices.
And same story for my alt.

Only issues I had was some bad guys bumping my cotters now and then! Once I noticed killed legion of rats with over 1000 hides dropped, sent my cotters... got bumped!!! Damned bullies!
rajput View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajput Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:31
BTW, pointing to map and saying 'that's mine' is actually how allot of (real world) historic expeditions/expansions happened. Therefore, I will not be surprised that it carried over to this sandbox as well.

And talking about empires..., you must also read the line just under the 'Build a city, create an Empire!' on Illyriad main page , it says 'Forge Alliances with thousands of players.'... If you look at the events, this is actually what happened with CDS as hundreds of players (if not thousands) forged an alliance, and created an empire called CDS.

One city is not an empire! You can only create and maintain an empire (be it single player's or an alliance's) if it's many cities are within a reasonable proximity of each other, as well as, have mix of specializations. There are a number of players (some of them even old/senior players) that are too scattered around, perhaps they are feeling threatened due to shortcomings of their own strategies as well as in predicting and adopting to the evolution of meta-game.

Having said that none of us hold any ill toward any newbs and will continue to provide them support and guidance. As same was provide to me when I joined the game and remained alliance-less for few years. I even did mistakes/mischiefs but was never corrected harshly, people here are willing to hear and guide you correctly.

Disclaimer: Opinion(s) mentioned above are just mine and does not necessarily represent opinion(s) of any affiliate group or person.

Warning! Author of this post has weird sense of humor...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic