illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

On the Treatment of Newbs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Almost Balanced View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Almost Balanced Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 22:25
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

Originally posted by Almost Balanced Almost Balanced wrote:

I could now list dozens of cities (some of them are still in their places) and a dozen players who left the Illyriad in the beginning of "land claim strategy" because of the land claiming strategy and have never returned.

Please list them.

There is a difference between being able and willing.

Once, upon the time I did, but that post was deleted by Rikoo after two minutes. And my forum acc too.

New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Almost Balanced Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 07:58
I will first support the "land claim" strategy when it becomes part of the code of this game.

As long as it is not part of the code, for me is "land claim" muscle pumping.

You put your finger on the map, you say, "That's mine!"

It's easier than reading a book. (I mean the book of the game)

Be a "land claimers", but earn it through the gaming mechanism.

For the most common spear the player has to do many things, truth or lie?
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 13:59
LMFAO. Bitching about land claimers being the reason people leave. Thats the most pathetic argument in this forum. How about listing the players who left because of whiners like you? That list would be twice as long. Rikoo has gone, feel free to list the folks who left because of land claims now. As to it being a game mechanic before you recognize it? Well, the ability to make and use troops to defend what is yours proves the game mechanics are designed to include land claims. You do not like it, do something about it in game then. Dislodge the folks protecting their areas.

There are so many open free spots in the game using land claims as an excuse is like sitting in the rain bitching about getting wet instead of walking to nearest shelter to get out of the rain. Get of your fat arses and move to the nearest shelter so you can stay dry and happy.
Kaggen is my human half
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 16:17
Meta-gaming is part of the Illyriad architecture. We put a finger on the map and said "That's ours." If people use the game mechanics to put a city in there, we use the game mechanics to remove it.

I don't need to read the book. I wrote the book.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 07:01
Is there a landclaim in the noobring?
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Almost Balanced Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 10:01
"Land claims", in my humble opinion, integrated into the gaming code as a reward (or opportunity) for the achievements of an alliance in all segments of the game (by the number of members, cities etc.) would certainly be a motivation for veterans and novices.
Tink XX View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink XX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 15:08
Originally posted by Almost Balanced Almost Balanced wrote:

"Land claims", in my humble opinion, integrated into the gaming code as a reward (or opportunity) for the achievements of an alliance in all segments of the game (by the number of members, cities etc.) would certainly be a motivation for veterans and novices.

It ain't happening. You are complaining about how other people choose to play. It is their choice to "build their own empire" as the front page of illyriad advertises, by the means available to them. People complaining in GC do more to scare off the newbs than the actual landclaimers.
Thexion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thexion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 16:08
Stick to the topic.
Point a newbie suffering
under yoke of slaving land claimers
show community the proof
put your armies where your mouth is
and the wrath of illy mob
might awaken to spread 
its unjust, opportunistic
and unnecessary cruel judgement.
Thexion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thexion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2018 at 16:12
Or then again might not.

Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 04:52
And where would that mob get directed? To the imaginary people who bully n00bs? Farming n00bs doesn't happen in this game on any meaningful frequency. This entire debate is a straw man argument, a tirade against a boogeyman that we all know doesn't exist.

Why it wandered over to land claims, sensible readers can judge for themselves.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic